Covid 19 and Your Life #2: It's Personal

Zorral

3 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Mayor Frey and Chief Rondo authorized the tear gassing and the rubber bullets and pepper spray and marker rounds. Now Walz has activated the Guard. These are very bad choices that have escalated it.

It's a tricky situation, Kay.

And damn my friend's dad has balded a lot since I last saw him many years ago. 

The green tile building is still on Midway and the big used and rare bookstore still is too

I always thought it was the strangest looking thing

Just as strange as the lizard outside of the museum

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

That's...way too on the nose for comfort.

Sooooo, I got the job! :eek: (I got the answer on Monday already, very soon after the interview.) I officially start next week, unoficially, I have already started with getting to know the place, making some plans and some zoom meetings. The first two days are still supposed to be work from home, but starting on Wednesday, it will be in person.

Keep your fingers crossed that I don't get eaten alive by 12-year-olds, I suppose. I guess you will see me stressing and looking for advice in the teachers' thread soon. :P 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Sooooo, I got the job! :eek: (I got the answer on Monday already, very soon after the interview.) I officially start next week, unoficially, I have already started with getting to know the place, making some plans and some zoom meetings. The first two days are still supposed to be work from home, but starting on Wednesday, it will be in person.

Keep your fingers crossed that I don't get eaten alive by 12-year-olds, I suppose. I guess you will see me stressing and looking for advice in the teachers' thread soon. :P 

Aaaaaawww! CONGRATULATIONS :commie: I’m so so happy for you! Best of luck with the new job and don’t worry, you are fiercer than a 12-year-old. Hope you are celebrating at the weekend! 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aaaaaawww! CONGRATULATIONS :commie: I’m so so happy for you! Best of luck with the new job and don’t worry, you are fiercer than a 12-year-old. Hope you are celebrating at the weekend! 

12-year old, maybe. But a group of them, probably no! :o (No celebration is planned for the weekend. Also, the job is only for one month.)

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations, Buck!!!! Well done!  :cheers:

You’ll do just fine, kids will love you!

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Congratulations, Buck!!!! Well done!  :cheers:

You’ll do just fine, kids will love you!

Thank you, bird. I hope it will work okay. Right now, I just got a loooot of new information (that is still changing by the hour because covid restrictions changing all the time) and still have a loooot of questions.

Also, as I said, it is only for a month (kids get summer holidays then).

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Congratulations, Buckwheat. :D

Fury, I really hope you stay safe and that no one else is seriously hurt.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That's great news Buck! I'm really happy for you :)

i hope you love your new job

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

oh! popping up here in the forum after a while so i didnt know

CONGRATS!!

I also live around the Twin Cities. I'm near the Midway. These lootings and vandalisms are pretty unnerving. I felt like I practically heard sirens at a constant Thursday (at least starting in the evening... not sure when it started to be honest (oh, LQ...)), and they went on past midnight. I didn't see anything happen by my building though. Things are calm over here now. 

2020, could you get weirder? 

I just saw the most tone deaf commercial I've ever seen.

It was for a telemedicine provider, and it was comparing two subjects, one who used telemedicine and one who goes to the doctor.

The actor who uses telemedicine is a white blonde woman, who uses telemedicine and wakes up refreshed in the morning. The actor who goes to the doctor's office is a black man crammed into a crowded waiting room, looking miserable. Umm...open your fucking eyes!

6 hours ago, Lizard Queen said:

I also live around the Twin Cities. I'm near the Midway. These lootings and vandalisms are pretty unnerving. I felt like I practically heard sirens at a constant Thursday (at least starting in the evening... not sure when it started to be honest (oh, LQ...)), and they went on past midnight. I didn't see anything happen by my building though. Things are calm over here now. 

2020, could you get weirder? 

Stay safe.

Things have to turn for the better soon.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Stay safe.

Things have to turn for the better soon.

Thank you! Yeah, hopefully this will be over in a few days. Otherwise, my dad told me I could come to his and my step mother's house in FL lol.

Hypochondria day: 

I’ve been having this burning sensation in my throat and the inside of my neck/upper chest. Added to that I’ve been having a body temp fluctuating between 36.5-36.9 Since Thursday. And I have felt quite tired these past days. I don’t cough. 

now one option is that the excessive alcohol consumption on Wednesday and Thursday combined with junk food and stress brought back my heartburn. Which is supported by the fact that anti-acid chewing tablets I took helped this symptom. As for body temp, it’s supposed to be normal between 35.5 and 37 and as a woman I’m allowed to have an elevated body temperature in the cycle phase I’m in now. Since the outside temperature has been fluctuating between 20 and 10 in the past three days and I’ve exposed myself to severe stress both on Wednesday and Thursday, we could write tiredness off as a result of these. I’m also not terribly terribly exhausted (I did clean the flat and baked today and did 300 squats as an experiment to see how out of breath I would be and I could do it). 

but the OTHER option is that I have early corona symptoms after going for drinks and spending two hours in a semi-enclosed room with people to celebrate my sister’s birthday on Wednesday. And my body temp will rise and I’ll develop a cough. I also was on ventilated and 70% empty public transport in a mask without touching anything and using handsanitizer every ten minutes for fifteen minutes, which shouldn’t be dangerous. 

allegedly our new infection count is going down, but the city only opened on Monday so a rise wouldn’t yet show in the numbers - and who knows if the numbers are accurate at all. According to the government website we have less than 500 active cases in the city. But who knows how many are in incubation or untested? 

i swear to god this bloody thing makes me crazy. I’m kinda hypochondriac in general, but this whole reopening and back to normal process is just as bad as the going into self-isolation and quarantine process was. My mum says I need a hobby. My grandma would say I need to hoe a potato field. 

37 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

My mum says I need a hobby. My grandma would say I need to hoe a potato field. 

If you are still displaying a lovely sense of humor -- you're pretty likely to be OK!

Your grandma and my great grandmas would have understood each other very well, I swear!

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well, since we've been jamming out, enjoy something from my part of the world that's burning down.

Thank you, I’ll sure dance to this the next time I have four whiskeys in two hours and get more heartburn! 

Archived