Pictionary 78: Famous artworks

Buckwheat

Welcome to telephone pictionary 78, all players, old and new!

If you are an old player, come sign up again. If you are a new player, welcome, we would be very glad to have you participate too. :)

Here are the standard rules, I assume most of you know them, but just in any case:

Spoiler

How to play

1. Send me a PM entitled <Player Name> Pictionary 78 containing a starting sentence.

2. I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or otherwise art) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of that picture.

4. I'll keep sending round the pictures and sentences in alternating rounds.

5. I'll post all the results for your amusement and delectation. 

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. Don't go crazy with the subclauses. The spirit of what you think is being shown is more important than the details - your interpretation is what we want!

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and photograph/scan it, or use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity. For example, in the past there has been Plasticine pictionary.

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur.com). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it, and should be rotated to be the correct way round.

The only restrictions are: use of letters in drawings is not allowed; it must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

Please note all ill clothed people must not be showing any body parts that pants (full granny briefs) or a maternity bra would obscure from view if correctly worn. If drawing children, please make sure that there is no adult content in the drawing. And generally speaking, plase avoid too explicit adult content in the drawing. Wait, no. I will just go ahead and say no adult content whatsoever in this game. Nobody wants to get that in their PM.

And some points to take note of specifically for this game:

• This game is themed. The theme is famous artworks. This means your starting sentence is supposed to be a description of an existing painting, sculpture, building, or whatever other visual artwork you can think of. Please include the title of the artwork you are referring to, and if possible, a link to it, in your starting PM. However, this theme is just a suggestion or guideline and in no way do you have to follow it to participate in the game. If you think the theme is crap and you don't want to use it, you can write your starting sentence about anything else.
  • Regardless of the above, there are some topics and motives that I am hereby officially banning from this game, namely: Harry Potter in any state of dress or undress, spoilers from the Game of Thrones TV show past what the books describe, and unnecessarily sexual content.
  • I don't think I will be scoring this game in any way, because I'm lazy.
  • Bonus rounds will be available once you have submitted your contribution for the current round.
  • I am looking at the minimum of 7 players, hopefully more.

Still unsure about signing up? Take a look at the results of the previous games to see how much fun we can have here. :) Also obligatory viewing if you're feeling down.

Players (bolded have submitted their contribution for the current round):

• Yet Another Arya
  • Count Balerion
  • Jez Bell
  • She Who Must Be Obeyed
  • RhaenysBee
  • honeyed chicken
  • Rocksniffer
  • Pebble

Substitute player

11 hours ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

I'm in! 

6 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

In.

Yay!

10 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

If you need me (and my horrible artworks) to make a quorum I'll play.

Of course I do!

(Or, if you don't want to be a full-time player, you also have the option to just do replacements if I need one and/or bonus rounds, if you feel like one. Just let me know.)

56 minutes ago, Eternally_His said:

I'll play, but I won't follow the theme (unless fanarts count).

Fanarts are not what I had in mind, but okay. Nice to have you play!

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Of course I do!

(Or, if you don't want to be a full-time player, you also have the option to just do replacements if I need one and/or bonus rounds, if you feel like one. Just let me know.)

I would rather be a substitute, but if you need me to make seven, count me in. :)

1 hour ago, Eternally_His said:

Actually, out. This theme doesn't appeal to me.

As you wish! You still have the option to just do substitute rounds and/or bonuses. And you know that the theme is unrecognisable past the first round, anyway. ;)

I need more players!

@Pebble thats Stubby @Lany Freelove Cassandra @RhaenysBee @rocksniffer @The BlackBear @HelenaExMachina @Lily Valley and anybody else?

Come tag other people who might be interested in joining too. :)

I saw all your messages, just didn't find time to answer until now.

I have five starting sentences already. Still need at least two full-time players. Anybody has a friend they want to invite? ;)

I also have a bonus chain already running! I have a picture ready to describe.

4 hours ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

I can ask someone who will have to join this amazing forum - it's worth noting she did not watch/read GOT/ASOIAF :D

However I think that it's good to have people involved in this forum and who share the same interest. Maybe we can prospect among the newbies freshly arrived.

I mean, actually I was asking about friends from this forum, but sure, anyone is welcome to join (it might be that a person would need to make a few posts in non-Games forum to add to their posts count to be even able to use the private messaging system).

Archived