Pictionary 78: Famous artworks

Buckwheat

Wait, what?

I've been waiting for days for the final pic to describe and it never arrived in my in box. How is the game done?

Mystery . . .

I guess I better go see what happened and what the art works were. :)

On 6/21/2020 at 5:03 AM, Buckwheat said:

Sooooooo ... nobody is interested in pictionary results? That is disappointing.

Thanks for hosting, Buck!

Another "interesting" game of telephone pictionary. I think the theme was inspired and lead in a lot of unexpected directions. The other good thing about this theme is that it could be used again and again with little fear of repetition in the chains.

3 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Wait, what?

I've been waiting for days for the final pic to describe and it never arrived in my in box. How is the game done?

Mystery . . .

I guess I better go see what happened and what the art works were. :)

But you did describe it! ;) 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I would like to, but I am busy till the 8th of July. I was just asking for a short thing just in case bc I have two free days

It is customary to wait a couple of weeks between games anyway, for people to go back to their lives outside of the Internet forum for a while. :P

Starting some time in July for the next round would be great for me, I think.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It is customary to wait a couple of weeks between games anyway, for people to go back to their lives outside of the Internet forum for a while. :P

Starting some time in July for the next round would be great for me, I think.

Oh cool! Then I will be able to join!! 

Ooh, sorry I missed the reveal.  

@Yet another Arya ! your drawings are all amazing.  I'm sorry I confused Napoleon and Caeser.  The laurel crown threw me.

Also, sorry about the urinal thing @Count Balerion.  Bucky said it would make sense, eventually.  Yup.

@rocksniffer, I had nightmares about being watched by a praying mantis for days.  Sometimes it was a spider.  Other times, a little green man.

@RhaenysBee @She who must be Obeyed @honeyed chicken @Pebble thats Stubby  thank you all for beautiful drawings and laughs.

Thank you most of all to @Buckwheat for  being the bestest host in the worst times. :) 

I'll host the next, if anyone's up for it.

21 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

Why apologise? I thought it was hilarious.

Theme for next game could be: how ASOIAF ends: final sentences. Or some such rot.

I was thinking of TV crossovers... Like Breaking Bad: Westeros, or Crazy Ex Girlfriend Masterchef or more classic combinations like Mork and Happy Days. 

On 6/23/2020 at 1:40 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

I would like to, but I am busy till the 8th of July. I was just asking for a short thing just in case bc I have two free days

On 6/21/2020 at 5:53 AM, Yet another Arya ! said:

From time to time I unexpectedly get a real life and yesterday afternoon I went for a run with a colleague, then I had a nice diner with friends and we went to the theater after. Now you know everything about my Saturday! :-D

@Buckwheat thank you for having hosted this game in this dire and challenging time for you! I hope it allowed you to somehow escape reality and to forget the classroom hell!

Regarding the American Gothic chain, I read too fast "Farmer’s prong must be socially distanced in length" and I mistook the meaning, that's why I ended up by drawing a poor prong expelled from the farm. 

The blob/pig stuff was crazy indeed! And as usual I love the way Rocksniffer is always involved in our artworks!

The Picasso-like Trump invading Westeros was especially mind-blowing with a bold style; and I loved the poor sad guy in his bubble: @Jez Bell your pictures are soooo cute and precise and well done!  <3

@rocksniffer is it one of your friend who painted this? It's amazing! Is there a hidden meaning or a story behind the painting?

Oh @RhaenysBee thank you, I love this game because it's a good opportunity to train and try new techniques in a funny way!

yes a good friend of mine was an artist...he painted this for my Number One niece, SwmbO...she is supposed to be the nun and he is the eye in the moon...the mantis is the expectation of religion...real deep hahahahahahaha

he was one of a kind

:smoking:

On 6/24/2020 at 8:46 PM, Jez Bell said:

I was thinking of TV crossovers... Like Breaking Bad: Westeros, or Crazy Ex Girlfriend Masterchef or more classic combinations like Mork and Happy Days. 

The result will be legendary: I don't have a TV nor Netflix subscription; there is only one series I have watched since ten years and it's GOT. I will just invent stuff from nowhere :-D

1 hour ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

The result will be legendary: I don't have a TV nor Netflix subscription; there is only one series I have watched since ten years and it's GOT. I will just invent stuff from nowhere :-D

It doesn't have to be TV.  Books, movies, songs... just any mashup.

Or we could do something more summery.  Happy to host when folks are ready.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:22 PM, rocksniffer said:

yes a good friend of mine was an artist...he painted this for my Number One niece, SwmbO...she is supposed to be the nun and he is the eye in the moon...the mantis is the expectation of religion...real deep hahahahahahaha

he was one of a kind

:smoking:

This is absolutely the thing that I didn't know I needed.

Archived