Cersei strange love for Qyburn

I could understand over time due to how useful he is she would soften to him but it was right from the start she spoke to him with a kindness and Equalness that she didnt speak to other with and this includes even Jamie.

She spoke in a similar fashion to Tywin but that was more through fear obedience than anything else.

It's strange in those few interactions as early as season 4 i almost forgot she was a total bitch when she spoke with qyburn there was no sarcasm/threats/snobbery whatever you would label it as when she was with anyone else just a very respectful demeanor.

When someone like pycell would offer their help to her, she would take the help then either mock/belittle or threaten them to leave once they had served their purpose she showed none of these qualities with Qyburn when she had no reason to be nice other than a choice.

Thoughts on this ? she wasnt even nice to people that she had to be nice to .... Loras.... Bobby... Ned etc.... people with power that she should be wary of. Yet shows complete respect to someone that in the grand scheme of things is a nobody and somone she could treat like shit and still get him to be as useful... she is the Queen mother afterall.

• 2 weeks later...

surprisng acts of kindness from the most unlikely people is...good characterization. If she was just a "total bitch" all the way through that wouldn't really be realistic. 

I thought it was touching how he spoke kindly to her.

I dont really need it to make much sense, I was just glad Cersei had someone. 

8 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

surprisng acts of kindness from the most unlikely people is...good characterization. If she was just a "total bitch" all the way through that wouldn't really be realistic. 

I thought it was touching how he spoke kindly to her.

I dont really need it to make much sense, I was just glad Cersei had someone. 

No i get Qyburns role in it, what i was more surprised and my post was aimed at was how Cersei showed a level of care towards him... there had been other characters that had spoke to Cersei before with kindness or respect and she mocked them or dismissed them.... she generally didnt even show that much respect to even her lover jaime at times.

But with her Father ( fear or respect or both) and Qyburn ever more so, she was kind,considerate and never ever spoke down to him.. or grew tired of his conversation.

Just watch her interactions with him, she grabs his hand when she is talking to him like she holds him very dearly... something i didnt see her do with anyone outside of the family and even then.

It was the one side of Cersei we hadnt seen up until he came into her life...  and i cant get my head round why this may be.

Possibly due to his lack of ambitions in terms of wanting money fame or fortune... and purely just wanted to serve and tinker with his science. But there has been other similar that she shat all over.

The obvious ones of people helping her and she is looking at them with that bitch face or judging them or mocking them when they are helping etc..

Maester bringing her tears of lyss and he was in the middle of explaining how it works or something along those lines and shes like okay your boring me now be gone and watch the stairs etc...

This was her common approach to talking to anyone that wasnt called tommen,joffrey or marcella...

It was just taken back by how much she seemed to really care for him.

• 4 weeks later...

She spoke kindly to Tywin because she wanted his approval. She spoke kindly to Oberyn because she wanted him to take care of her daughter, and later because she wanted him to take her side against Tyrion.

If Cersei wants something she can't just take, she'll smile and be nice, otherwise she won't bother. She has the power, she's the one that matters, not anyone else.

Archived