Bran the Builder theory

There are some Bran theories that he will use the weirwood net to go back in time, and become all of the Bran's in history. I don't think that's true. Old Nan does have remarks about how she confuses all of the Bran's. I think that Bran like the legendary Bran the Builder will help rebuild Westeros after the threat of Others and Dragons destroy it. 

Bran's direwolf is named Summer. All of the Stark direwolves names relate to the future of their owner. I think Bran's relates to him rebuilding Westeros once winter ends, and Summer begins. 

I don't subscribe to this idea unless someone can come up with a plausible soul migration theory.  I think all the Brans in the story are really Starks and the Stark association with the Wall and greenseers is a long one.  

47 minutes ago, LynnS said:

I don't subscribe to this idea unless someone can come up with a plausible soul migration theory.  I think all the Brans in the story are really Starks and the Stark association with the Wall and greenseers is a long one.  

I'm not entirley sure what you mean, but I am saying that I DON'T believe that all of the Bran's are 1 person. I think Bran will just mirror the legendary Bran the Builder by rebuilding Westeros after the Other invasion.

4 minutes ago, King Adrian Storm said:

I'm not entirley sure what you mean, but I am saying that I DON'T believe that all of the Bran's are 1 person. I think Bran will just mirror the legendary Bran the Builder by rebuilding Westeros after the Other invasion.

You mentioned that other people subscribe to the idea.  I was responding to that supposition.  .

7 minutes ago, LynnS said:

You mentioned that other people subscribe to the idea.  I was responding to that supposition.  .

Okay. Yes, I agree. I mean it's a well thought out theory,  but I can't imagine reading that in the books and not thinking it was cheesy or out of place in the story.

14 minutes ago, King Adrian Storm said:

Okay. Yes, I agree. I mean it's a well thought out theory,  but I can't imagine reading that in the books and not thinking it was cheesy or out of place in the story.

I don't think I've read it or I don't remember the specifics.  Is it a well thought out theory?  I've always thought that Bran is a name that is used again and again in the Stark family tree; although I can see Bran going back to see these other Brans for himself.  I do think any Bran in the history books is a Stark.  I think Bran the Builder was a greenseer and responsible for the magic of the Wall rather than it's physical construction.  At least not in person.  Our Bran may have to learn how this was done in order to fix whatever needs to be fixed.  So I am hoping for a weirwood trip back to the building of the Wall.  Is it too much to hope the same for Storm's End or the Black Gate.  :D    

Archived