What are some popular theories in the fandom that you can't see happening?

Jaime killing Cersei - he's not gonna be a kinslayer and Cersei isnt the greatest evil that ever existed

Dany saving everyone from the Others - nope

Stannis taking back Winterfell - nah, he's a gonner

Dany correctly predicting all of her prophecies and having another child - no and no

Stannis claiming Winterfell (good Lord do I detest this theory. Look I get how his fans want to defend him. The abomination treated him atrociously and I understand if people have a knee jerk reaction to defend him, I have that too with Sansa, but at the same time it's bloody annoying how people overblow his plot relevancy. At the end of the day he's only a tertiary character who is a foreshadow or a cautionary tale for the POV main characters). 

Sansa having no impact or plot relevancy whatsoever, particularly in the North. (It's understandable if people don't like her and think her chapters are boring but based on the role she's currently playing it's easy to see what her role will be. Be lady of Winterfell and the lynchpin for the battle of dawn. Without proper management and logistics characters will die from starvation and/or hypothermia). 

Those things I just don't see happening :

1. A Dream of Spring ever being finished by George Martin.

2. Dany becoming a likeable or interesting character.

3. Sam Tarly becoming a second Neville Longbottom.

4. Ashara Dayne being dead.

1. Gleganebawl in any moment.
  2. N+A = J
  3. Daenerys = Ashara's daughter
  4. Lannister children being fathered by Aerys and not Tywin.
  5. Bran never leaves the cave
  6. Septa Lemore is Lyanna Stark, Elia Martell, Mellario of Norvos
  7. Rhaegar = Mance Reyder
  8. SanSan
  9. Jaime having a romantic relationship with Brienne
  10. Young Griff = real Aegon
  11. Stannis's story not ending in tragedy and him not burning Shiree

22 hours ago, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

1. R+L=J

2. Gendrya

These were some things brought to life by the BS show that I cant see happening in GRRMs writing.

3. Sansa is a decent person ;)

14 hours ago, H Wadsey Longfellow said:

I agree with #1 and #3.  I could see Arya and Gendry getting together and upsetting Jon though.  Jon may harbor secret love for Arya.

R + L = J might be true but I still find Jon to be very dull.  His story and his mind.  Death will have more significance in the story if he dies from his stab wounds. 

1. Arya dying (and living on in Nymeria)

2. Tyrion being Aerys' son. Even if he is supposed to be his biological son, IMO we'll never get a clear answer there. I think GRRM wants to show, that no matter who Tyrion's biological father is Tywin is his father

3. Tyrion will ride a dragon

4. Sandor dying (if he comes back)

5. LS kills LF (dunno, if that's popular)

6. LF wanting the throne for himself/wanting to put Sansa on the throne

1. Tywin not being the father of Tyrion, or the twins for that matter. It's more impactful for all of them to be his children.
  2. Tyrion will ride a dragon
  3. Bran will never leave the cave
  4. Euron and the Deep Ones won't have a major part to play in the story's endgame
  5. Jon and Daenerys won't get married and fall in love
  6. Sansa will not return to the North and play a key role at Winterfell
  7. The Others are evil and will be soundly defeated
  8. Jaime and/or Tyrion is the Valonqar

On 5/25/2020 at 9:35 AM, Texas Hold Em said:

Agree.  Although the north might have their greasy heads so far up their asses that they accept him as the lord of Winterfell if they should ever become independent.  Robb's will carries no weight because he was a failed rebel but the people of the north might be swayed.

He can have the north.  As long as it's only the north.

On 6/1/2020 at 10:52 AM, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

1. R+L=J

2. Gendrya

These were some things brought to life by the BS show that I cant see happening in GRRMs writing.

Let me see if I understood you correctly... Are you really saying that R+L=J is something the abomination invented? If so, nope. It’s actually the other way about. The showrunners got to R+L=J by reading about it here. 

On 6/1/2020 at 10:52 AM, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

3. Sansa is a decent person ;)

As @Nagini's Neville said, that’s not a theory, that’s a fact. :smug:

18 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Just for clarification, is this the theory you don't subscribe to or are you saying Sansa won't return to Winterfell? I have some thoughts on this.

Oh it's the theory that I don't subscribe to.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:27 AM, BadPussy said:

Euron = Daario. I think it even started as a joke.  Yet there are a surprising number of fans that believe it. One of the dumbest theories I've come across 

It's old joke at that and it was never funny. It never even made sense.

I remember hearing that joke back in 2014-2015 when I first became a fan.

22 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Let me see if I understood you correctly... Are you really saying that R+L=J is something the abomination invented? If so, nope. It’s actually the other way about. The showrunners got to R+L=J by reading about it here. 

I firmly lay the blame of Jon "Aegon" Targaryen at the feet of @J. Stargaryen :D.

Actually I think he should sue HBO for a writing credit.

5 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

I firmly lay the blame of Jon "Aegon" Targaryen at the feet of @J. Stargaryen :D.

Actually I think he should sue HBO for a writing credit.

:cheers:

You blame me and I blame GRRM for making me consider the possibility that Lyanna—not Rhaegar!—named Jon. It all falls into place neatly from there, as I have said once or twice. ;)

Archived