Why do so many people believe the Night’s King bride was an ...(Spoilers)

level52

On 5/25/2020 at 1:40 AM, level52 said:

The truth is much worse.  The Starks were able to scrub history to maintain the honor of the family.  The NK was a Stark. 

So besides lacking any hint of a tan and the skin being cold.  A lord commander having casual sex is a scandal but it is not enough to make such a deep impression on legends and history.  So deep even the Starks could not completely clean it up.  What could be so wrong as to force an alliance between Winterfell and the Free Folk?  The two were mating?  Of course they were.  The blood of the Others now flow in the veins of the Starks.  What would threaten the lord of Winterfell enough to scare him.  The children.  It was a slick way of getting the Others across the wall.  Just birth them on the human side.  The children inherits the warg powers of the Stark father and the necromancy from the Other mother.

3 hours ago, corbon said:

I think in this case he (and his editors) made a genuine mistake (Renly being all handsome etc with green family armour, but forgetting that Baratheon Blue eyes are actually a key plot point!) and he just jokingly covered it.
I suspect Renly's eyes are very much the clear blue Baratheon colour, not a different blue/green mix.

I'll let go of that one, but not Val, until I know more about her.  Qybern goes from brown to blue in two different pov's.

2 hours ago, level52 said:

The books don’t say she looks like a corpse or a white or an other; it describes her as “pale” and “cold”, two attributes that sound corpse-like,

White as the moon, cold as ice. Thats either an exaggeration, or inhuman. Either is possible.

2 hours ago, level52 said:

and also that she had blue eyes (an attribute of Wights and Others).

The Baratheons are not wights or Others...
The eyes like blue stars could be an exaggeration of a normal human, or inhuman.

51 minutes ago, U. B. Cool said:

So besides lacking any hint of a tan and the skin being cold.  A lord commander having casual sex is a scandal but it is not enough to make such a deep impression on legends and history.  So deep even the Starks could not completely clean it up.  What could be so wrong as to force an alliance between Winterfell and the Free Folk?  The two were mating?  Of course they were.  The blood of the Others now flow in the veins of the Starks. 

Think about it a little.
If she was an Other, mating human male to Other female doesn't physiologically work. There's actually a pretty funny Oglaf (NSFW) 'story' about the Snow Queen covering that. 
If she's not an Other, then there's no blood of the Other's mixing into the Stark blood.
Frankly I doubt human-Other mating is capable of producing actual children at all - Others are clearly magical beings made of frozen water. I think the terrible half-human children thing is just stupid propaganda bullshit about the Wildlings, not based in truth. 
Metaphorical children is another thing entirely, but that doesn't mix bloodlines into the Starks.

Further, the same legends say that it was another Stark, Brandon the breaker, who joined with Joramund to break the Nights King and free the watch. So it would be Brandon (the winner) Stark's blood that the rest of the Starks have, not the Night King and Queen's.

4 minutes ago, LynnS said:

I'll let go of that one, but not Val, until I know more about her.  Qybern goes from brown to blue in two different pov's.

We're all interested to learn more of Val. But blue-grey or grey-blue eyes is totally normal.
Qyburn sounds like another mistake - GRRM didn't have @Ran and Linda to help him keep things straight in the early books. Brown-blue is even more weird than green-blue.

4 hours ago, corbon said:

Qyburn sounds like another mistake - GRRM didn't have @Ran and Linda to help him keep things straight in the early books. Brown-blue is even more weird than green-blue.

Very well.  Here are the 2 quotes:

A Storm of Swords - Jaime IV

"No man who serves with Vargo Hoat is a stranger to stumps. He makes them wherever he goes."

Qyburn did not look a monster, Jaime thought. He was spare and soft-spoken, with warm brown eyes. "How does a maester come to ride with the Brave Companions?"

A Feast for Crows - Cersei I

The man bowed low. "How may I serve Your Grace?"

His face was vaguely familiar, though Cersei could not place him. Old, but not so old as Pycelle. This one has some strength in him still. He was tall, though slightly stooped, with crinkles around his bold blue eyes. His throat is naked. "You wear no maester's chain."

"It was taken from me. My name is Qyburn, if it please Your Grace. I treated your brother's hand."

He goes from warm brown eyes to bold blue eyes.  

Archived