Thee Headed Ice Dragon

LynnS

Well, I've never understood anything about mixology except for the simple stuff.  I'm assuming this drink has ice and is white.  Or the three heads or spirits have different densities and remain separated in the glass.  I'm going to say that I want to combine the things that I like:  Irish Mist; Apricot Brandy and Vanilla Baileys; but I'll have to make trip to the store for this experiment.

RIGHT!

2 hours ago, LynnS said:

If you were going to create a GoT themed alcoholic beverage called the Three Headed Ice Dragon, what ingredients would you use?

how about the recipe has to be made from Planetos types of alcohols or ingredients?

ie - beers, wines, milk of the poppy LOL!  :cheers:

56 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

I do not drink alcohol beverages. 

then we have to concoct a Roy Rogers/Shirley Temple version of the drink too :)

1 minute ago, Yaya said:

RIGHT!

how about the recipe has to be made from Planetos types of alcohols or ingredients?

ie - beers, wines, milk of the poppy LOL!  :cheers:

then we have to concoct a Roy Rogers/Shirley Temple version of the drink too :)

LOL! Your choice.

ahoy!  welcome :pirate: to YAYA's Tavern - featuring LynnS :cheers:
today's special:

planet Earth ingredient-ed 3-headed ice dragon:

use a highball/ tall glass - first, add ice to about 30% of it.

in a shaker unit add a small amount of ice (a couple of cubes,nothing more than a cup) & the following:
+0.5 shot vodka
+0.5 shot (must be a silver) tequila 
+1 shot pinot blanc

shake gently - do not yet wake the dragon!

in that same shaker/vessel you just used add:
+0.5 shot of lemon or lime juice
+2 shots of grapefruit juice

now shake vigorously ... wake the dragon! 

pour all of it into your glass of ice from above.
+1 or 2 shots of any 'sparkly' carbonated beverage (plain flavoured & coloured ideally, otherwise a lemon or lime or grapefruit/citrus flavour) to top that up. 
& if you don't want the sparkles just add a little more grapefruit juice or wine.

give it a swirl ...    ahhhh!   start sipping :thumbsup:

for the non-alcoholic version, use vinegar in place of the alcohols :ack:  ... lol just kidding!
substitute a shot of your selected sparking beverage or juice for the wine & add a shot of aloe or lychee or coconut water instead of the tequila/vodka combo.

if you enjoy :drunk:  the alcohol, use a full ounce of the tequila & vodka

1 hour ago, Yaya said:

ahoy!  welcome :pirate: to YAYA's Tavern - featuring LynnS :cheers:
today's special:

planet Earth ingredient-ed 3-headed ice dragon:

use a highball/ tall glass - first, add ice to about 30% of it.

in a shaker unit add a small amount of ice (a couple of cubes,nothing more than a cup) & the following:
+0.5 shot vodka
+0.5 shot (must be a silver) tequila 
+1 shot pinot blanc

shake gently - do not yet wake the dragon!

in that same shaker/vessel you just used add:
+0.5 shot of lemon or lime juice
+2 shots of grapefruit juice

now shake vigorously ... wake the dragon! 

pour all of it into your glass of ice from above.
+1 or 2 shots of any 'sparkly' carbonated beverage (plain flavoured & coloured ideally, otherwise a lemon or lime or grapefruit/citrus flavour) to top that up. 
& if you don't want the sparkles just add a little more grapefruit juice or wine.

give it a swirl ...    ahhhh!   start sipping :thumbsup:

for the non-alcoholic version, use vinegar in place of the alcohols :ack:  ... lol just kidding!
substitute a shot of your selected sparking beverage or juice for the wine & add a shot of aloe or lychee or coconut water instead of the tequila/vodka combo.

if you enjoy :drunk:  the alcohol, use a full ounce of the tequila & vodka

This actually sounds like something I'd drink, but I'd replace the tequila with gin. I'm not a fan of tequila. I refer to it as "rot gut", because it makes my stomach hurt, but I digress. One of my favorite summer go-tos is gin and grapefruit juice which I've dubbed a "Snoop Dog", so adding the pinot blanc - or perhaps even a sauvignon blanc - skip the carbonated bev and blend everything with ice to get a slushy sounds divine! The only thing missing is a streak of something blue which could be swirled into the slush, but nothing too sweet or sour. Any ideas? Maybe blue Curacoa?

HA!  i had originally GIN (with a tonic mixer) in there but the COVID19  response has completely DELETED the tonic supply. 
i regularly drink G&Ts but i have stopped recommending them because of the consumer demand on tonic.

( i wanted to keep with the "dragon" idea too - tequila is hot & fire-ish :devil: but clear & see-through like ice, vodka can be hot yet totally cool too )

indeed - replace the te-kill-ya with GIN & all is truly well with the world.

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Well, the "Three Headed Dragon" are 3 forum members who have a liking for strong beverages and we often discuss ideas while drinking :drool: We're now discussing our answer. :D:cool4:

Yes, Sweetsunray, The Fattest Leach and Kissed by Fire are the inspiration for the Three Headed Ice Dragon.

This concoction could also include ice cream.  LOL 

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Yes, Sweetsunray, The Fattest Leach and Kissed by Fire are the inspiration for the Three Headed Ice Dragon.

This concoction could also include ice cream.  LOL 

Ok, so we've discussed it, and we find that mixing beverages with each other would ruin it all. Given that water is to be avoided in middle age society, instead The Three Headed Ice Dragon advizes the following drinking regime:

• We start our day with a quick plunge in the waterholes of iced lakes, followed by a breakfast prepared by Three Fingered Hobb, who after much complaint by us over his fare - especially since several of us are vegetarian ice dragons - had to send messages all over Westeros for alternative recipes. Hot Pie's admission of his secret cake recipe has been hailed by us. Hobb serves it ever since. But we never complained about the drink he serves with breaky - mulled wine, spiced with the exact amount of cinnamon, nutmeg and a few drops of honey, with raisins and nuts and dried berries floating around in it. Just absolutely perfect! But NO LEMONS! Jeor Mormont was absolutely right - it is the rankest sort of southron heresy.
  • Throughout the day, no matter whether we visit Winterfell, the Wall or barter with the Free Folk, we drink mead with our bread and salt. A tiny squeeze of lemon makes it a perfect mixture of bittersweet. A wandering septon gave us an orange once, and well, a squeeze of that instead of lemon, makes for a sophisticated variation. We each have a special mead drinking horn crafted, and it's stuck in our belt wherever we go - it looks like a horn, but it's actually carved out of weirwood. Though we are northern, as ice dragons go, we must admit that the southern mead of the Quiet Isle made by those heretics following the Seven is supreme. It was Nettles' Sheepstealer who let us in on the secret actually during a fly-by. The blossoms growing there on the apple trees make for the excellent fermented honey, and of course the apples. We have to fly more south than we'd like for this, but luckily the Quiet Isle is colder and wilder to the east side. And well, Elder Brother of course is not a hardliner when it comes to the Seven anyway. While waiting for our order to be handed over, we pass the time with hunting for rubies. So, we have a stash of Quiet Mead, but do not ever tell Tormund about our secret. He believes we consider his caskets the best of the best. It's just that, in case it's summer and just too hot down south for us to make the trip to the Quiet Isle, his makes for a good alternative. We must also attest that Tormund did not steal his name - each of us have tried to drink him under the table, but he still remains the Mead King.
  • For our third pick, we're full on raving about this special hot distillation we found in a shipwreck of Tyroshi pirates near Hardhome - pear brandy! We shouldn't be touching that stuff, as it makes us breath red flames instead of icy blue ones, so we drink it on the rocks - no other addition - and dubbed it Ice on Fire. It makes for a perfect night cap, while staring up at the Thief wandering into the Moonmaiden constellation - very romantic!

Sincerely, the Three Headed Ice Dragon - Sweetsunray, @kissdbyfire and @The Fattest Leech

6 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Ok, so we've discussed it, and we find that mixing beverages with each other would ruin it all.

LOL! I have no such scruples.  I'm going to have to try everything. 

41 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

There's also a "blue tequila".

Or lovely blueberries throughout a frosty white beverage made from coconut liqueur and vanilla ice cream.  Not a Three Headed Ice Dragon, per se, for lack of an ingredient or two; but it's cousin the Wall Eye or Spy Glass if you prefer.

https://goldenwoods.online/home/190-johnnie-walker-a-song-of-fire-a-song-of-ice.html

You can mix these three scotch whiskies up:

Johnnie Walker - A Song of Ice ... for the Ice
Johnnie Walker - A Song of Fire ... for the Dragon
Johnnie Walker - White Walker ... for the zombieness

... since our future Ice Dragon is a zombie after all 

Anyways, I wouldn't be howling and roaring for this Ice Dragon triple mixture, it may kill me ... its just for fun :)

Archived