Boarders writing a novel

Derfel Cadarn

Bit behind where I thought I'd be. I'd hoped to have The Blood Hour done by the end of the year and submitted, but I've still a bit to do to finish the first draft, after taking a break from it in November.

I have finished a draft of Diabolic Immunity, and halfway through the next draft, tidying up continuity issues and culling the number of times my characters smile, nod or shake their heads. The next run-through will be to flesh out any areas needing better description.

Then I'll return to The Blood Hour

I'd hoped to have started Lucifer & Son by now, but behind there also. I'll refine the plan so when I;m ready to go, I don't get delayed working out what needs to happen. I'll also maybe try and write on average a page a day for Lucifer & Son even while working on the other stuff, so I've a shot of having a finished first draft by year's end. 

Once (if) Covid's under some form of control, I hope to get into some bookshops to do signings of my current three published novels, which obviously never happened in 2020. 

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

The manuscript for The Evil That Men Do was forwarded to my agent at the end of last week.

Now all I can do is wait and keep my fingers crossed. . .

I have plans for both a prequel and a sequel and I've begun writing down notes and ideas about each project. The story arcs are far from being mapped out at the moment, but I've got the opening scenes for each pretty much structured. So I'll probably start writing them soon, if only to keep myself busy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Almost finished redrafting Diabolic Immunity; made a (crap) two page synopsis that needs redone, and getting ready to submit to agents. Still need to do a cover letter.

It still needs more readthroughs for typos, but given I could be waiting a month or three before hearing back, should be enough time to polish the whole thing. I’ll be submitting the first 50 pages or so. 

Hi guys! I'm not actually new here since I've been in the forums since we used to be in EZboards. I remember during 9/11 the first thing I did was check the forums to see if everyone was okay! Same thing during the Boston Marathon bombing.

Anyway, I'm checking in here since I'm almost finished with my first draft of my first novel. :)

For those with unpublished manuscripts, there's an interesting contest that you only need to submit 1,250 words for. Feb 21 deadline.

https://www.firstpagesprize.com/

The 2021 Prize will support FIVE emerging writers with cash awards totalling US $5,000 and developmental editing. Top 3 winners receive an agent consultation.

I am not affiliated with them in any way.

I have worked out all the changes for “Dead Man’s Trial” and “Sorrow’s End” with our editor, Graham Banas, who should get through “The Mahdi’s Final Death” this week. In other news, the second map is complete. Which version do y'all prefer?

https://hiddenhistoryofwesteros.tumblr.com/post/645099003546124288/behold-the-second-map-for-my-upcoming-book

On 3/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, The Grey Wolf said:

I have worked out all the changes for “Dead Man’s Trial” and “Sorrow’s End” with our editor, Graham Banas, who should get through “The Mahdi’s Final Death” this week. In other news, the second map is complete. Which version do y'all prefer?

https://hiddenhistoryofwesteros.tumblr.com/post/645099003546124288/behold-the-second-map-for-my-upcoming-book

First one