Boarders writing a novel

Derfel Cadarn

Thanks for the feedback everyone. (So far most people seem to prefer the pink-and-purple version.)

An explanation of the new map: https://hiddenhistoryofwesteros.tumblr.com/post/645308146841190400/an-explanation-of-my-upcoming-books-second-map

An updated overview of the whole book: https://hiddenhistoryofwesteros.tumblr.com/post/645309428380450816/overview-of-my-upcoming-book-updated

Edited by The Grey Wolf

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting to hear back from my agent regarding The Evil That Men Do.

My mom was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor a few weeks back, so writing new material has been put on hold for now. But I've written 24 manuscript pages for the sequel, Blood For Blood.

And I have the opening scene for the prequel, The Thing That Should Not Be, ready to go in my brain and I just need to sit down and write it. The same goes for two short fiction pieces. So the well of ideas hasn't gone dry yet. . . :)

On 3/29/2021 at 8:02 AM, Lord Patrek said:

Still waiting to hear back from my agent regarding The Evil That Men Do.

My mom was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor a few weeks back, so writing new material has been put on hold for now. But I've written 24 manuscript pages for the sequel, Blood For Blood.

And I have the opening scene for the prequel, The Thing That Should Not Be, ready to go in my brain and I just need to sit down and write it. The same goes for two short fiction pieces. So the well of ideas hasn't gone dry yet. . . :)

I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

Worked out with our editor all the changes for "Girl in Blue" (my personal favorite) and "Anathema (Part I)", which concludes my portion of the anthology. (Haven't had time to implement anything yet sadly.)

Also commissioned artwork for "Anathema (Part II)" (and yes, I know I am getting ahead of myself but I couldn't help it).

Sorry about your mother @Lord Patrek.

P.S. Trouble logging in with Facebook again, hence the new account.

Edited by The Grey Wolf Strikes Back

Sorry to hear your loss, @Lord Patrek :(

Learned yesterday my employer doesn’t require to read Diabolic Immunity, so now free to actively hunt for agents :)

It’s been sent to two, got a third in mind. Meanwhile giving it another readover to hunt for any typos I may have missed.

Work goes well on The Blood Hour; most of what remains is to add in some flashback and flash forward chapters, and then redraft it. I need to flesh out the characters more. Will also need to see about sensitivity readers to check for any unintended stereotyping. 

12 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Sorry to hear your loss, @Lord Patrek :(

Learned yesterday my employer doesn’t require to read Diabolic Immunity, so now free to actively hunt for agents :)

It’s been sent to two, got a third in mind. Meanwhile giving it another readover to hunt for any typos I may have missed.

Work goes well on The Blood Hour; most of what remains is to add in some flashback and flash forward chapters, and then redraft it. I need to flesh out the characters more. Will also need to see about sensitivity readers to check for any unintended stereotyping. 

Thanks. :)

Best of luck hunting for that elusive agent. I know how hard it can be.

Maybe you should have given it that readover before sending it out?

3 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

Thanks. :)

Best of luck hunting for that elusive agent. I know how hard it can be.

Maybe you should have given it that readover before sending it out?

I had, but like to do it again after a gap. I only sent out first few chapters which are fine. Both agents generally take 8-10 weeks to reply, so unless they’re super-quick I’m fine. 

Finished editing my portion of the anthology! Final results are as follows:

1) Dead Man’s Trial (3215 words, 11 pages)

2) Sorrow’s End (3665 words, 13 pages)

3) The Mahdi’s Final Death (2591 words, 9 pages)

4) Promontory (870 words, 3 pages)

5) The Dragonslayer (1205 words, 4 pages)

6) Girl in Blue (2604 words, 9 pages)

7) Anathema (Part I) (7953 words, 33 pages)

Total: 82 pages

Bonus content will now include:

1) Alternate versions of each map (1 for map 1, 2 for map 2)

2) Black-and-white versions of the 2 colored pics

3) A list of Mistland's monarchs

4) Poems written by me and Spoon

Hi guys, have you heard of Kindle Vella?

It will be launched in the next few months!

We're introducing a new storytelling option: Kindle Vella. With Kindle Vella, U.S. based authors can publish serialized stories, one short episode at a time. In the next few months, readers will be able to access Kindle Vella stories in the Kindle iOS app and on Amazon.com.

I think I'll give it a go! Anyone else looking into this?