Boarders writing a novel

Derfel Cadarn

They're probably not on this board, but it does seem to me that you are doing all the legwork for this project. Are the other authors doing anything to promote the anthology?

Aren't you making about 60% of profit using Amazon for your ebook? If so, you'd need to sell a lot more than 125 copies to break even, no?

Still working on my current book, but I just wrote the outline to a possible next book. I'm dipping my toe into teen and young adult literature with some romance. 

It might raise some eyebrows among people who know me. I try to imagine what might have happened had I expressed my interest to my high school crush. At the time I was in a long distance relationship. What if I had kept my options open?

Characters will be re-named from real life counterparts as well as the setting. The basic circumstances will remain the same just before the point of divergence.

I cannot say for 100% certainty what would have happened, but this is one theory of what might have (and in my opinion most likely) happened. You have life regrets? Write about them! At least this way, I can turn regret into a fun piece of literature, get a profit from sales and answer my own question.

Tired of waiting to hear back from that agent, I submitted The Evil That Men Do to another one yesterday.

On the writing front, I finished the second draft of my novella Blademaster. It now weighs in at 119 manuscript pages.

On the short story front, I completed "Heaven is a place on earth" (39 manuscript pages) and "When doves cry" (29 manuscript pages). I'm about to begin "Send me an angel," a shorter one that comes after. I know it's weird to have written the last two stories in the series, but that's the way love goes. I'll have to start "She talks to angels" at some point, though. . .

Just happy that my muse is still with me and that I continue writing. :)

Congratulations, Starkess!

4 hours ago, Starkess said:

My boyfriend is telling me I should write more short stories, but honestly they're not my favorite.

I don't know if this will work for you, but  have you tried a similar template to Tuf Voyaging? Have short stories that connect in a novelistic fashion? Asimov did it with Foundation and King did it with The Gunslinger. It turned out really well in both cases.

Just finished writing my book. There is still a LOT of work ahead; drawing the cover art, possible illustrations to compensate for the relative shortness of the book, two rounds of editing, creating an online account to publish an ebook/kindle. But at least the story is done.

After my editing, I will pass out my book early to friends and family for feedback so I can make the book even better. There will be a limited number of paperbacks printed.

The book is called: The Coffee Thief

7 hours ago, Ordos said:

Just finished writing my book. There is still a LOT of work ahead; drawing the cover art, possible illustrations to compensate for the relative shortness of the book, two rounds of editing, creating an online account to publish an ebook/kindle. But at least the story is done.

After my editing, I will pass out my book early to friends and family for feedback so I can make the book even better. There will be a limited number of paperbacks printed.

The book is called: The Coffee Thief

Congrats!

Finally finished the new draft of my latest manuscript! At only 1-2 hours a week, it took a while, but it's done! The draft went from about 85k to about 115k, so it wasn't an insignificant edit. It's total trash but I guess I'll try to write a query letter just in case...

4 hours ago, Starkess said:

Finally finished the new draft of my latest manuscript! At only 1-2 hours a week, it took a while, but it's done! The draft went from about 85k to about 115k, so it wasn't an insignificant edit. It's total trash but I guess I'll try to write a query letter just in case...

An extra 30,000 words is a pretty big edit!

If it's total trash, why put more effort into trying to find an agent to rep it? Maybe just be happy that your manuscript is complete and begin something new?

6 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

An extra 30,000 words is a pretty big edit!

If it's total trash, why put more effort into trying to find an agent to rep it? Maybe just be happy that your manuscript is complete and begin something new?

If EL James had taken that attitude, her bank balance would be short of several xeroes :P