U.S. Politics: Only Death Can Pay For Growth

Jace, Extat

17 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

But he doesn't orate like MLK and to compare him to a black civil rights leader seems pretty low, even for you.

I will give you and your buddy Biden this, he did read from a teleprompter more effectively than when he tries to say things off the top of his head. I'm sorry I rained on your little Biden parade. The man flat out sucks.

Are you suggesting that when giving an example of a great orator I shouldn't use a black man? That's a bit racist innit? 

He's not my buddy, I dont even have a vote. I just pop in from time to time and laugh at your naive idealism. 

36 minutes ago, DMC said:

I think you should write poetry about him.

I got A's in both of my college poetry classes.

But you'll never see shit! 

(I think you just got an A if you showed up and did your homework and were willing to read what you wrote to the class. The bar was low)

30 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Are you suggesting that when giving an example of a great orator I shouldn't use a black man? That's a bit racist innit? 

He's not my buddy, I dont even have a vote. I just pop in from time to time and laugh at your naive idealism. 

I'd say comparing a man who has big issues regarding the historic mass incarceration of black people to MLK is problematic. Idealism is better than propagating racist ideologies Biden still defends.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah, @BigFatCoward, if you ever reference a minority in a joke to make fun of me, it is obviously because you're racist.

And a to-the-death Biden-stan. Cuz. Uh, ya know. If you don't kowtow to irrational hatred of all things Biden then you must be a fanatical supporter. Also, FYI, you've ALWAYS been a Biden-stan as well.

3 minutes ago, Week said:

Also, FYI, you've ALWAYS been a Biden-stan as well.

This may be the wrong thread, but since you bring it up, I'm struggling to find livestock to sacrifice to Biden during the pandemic.

Just now, DMC said:

This may be the wrong thread, but since you bring it up, I'm struggling to find livestock to sacrifice to Biden during the pandemic.

If you can't raise your own livestock to be ritually slaughtered storebought or children (yours or others) is fine

Wow, shit in PA is getting real over the Republican actions hiding the positive COVID-19 case. There's a state lawmaker losing his shit about their actions.

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I do have to say, I was amused by people who were making fun of Biden wearing a mask when he clearly looked like a fucking bad ass. 

He looks like Cobra Commander needed to modernize his look.

24 minutes ago, Leap said:

It's not inherently inappropriate to compare two people who aren't the same in every way, even if they are radically different. That's what comparisons are for. 

It's even less inappropriate when the point of that comparison is that they are not alike.

Edit: I can see the argument that making a comparison can be innappropriate if it compares two figures for no real reason, who are otherwise connected by something very meaningful indeed. But MLK is one of your countries most famous orators, and Biden is currently an orator in your country. Of course it's an appropriate comparison. All of your political leaders should be held to the same standards of oratory.

I see your point. I think comparing him to Obama would have made more sense--since Obama was a great speaker, and Biden was his VP. But I digress.

12 minutes ago, Week said:

And a to-the-death Biden-stan. Cuz. Uh, ya know. If you don't kowtow to irrational hatred of all things Biden then you must be a fanatical supporter. Also, FYI, you've ALWAYS been a Biden-stan as well.

Would you say it's irrational to be appalled by Biden's refusal to acknowledge the harm done to the black community from legislation he's backed, created, etc? Biden has a long history we're forced to analyze when choosing to vote for him. 

But, as I'm not interested in rehashing this, here is an article where Mick Mulvaney explains how we've overreacted to the Coronavirus. He basically says that almost 100,000 died from the flu (80,000) in 2017, and we didn't close the country down. He also talked about, elsewhere, how the government is conditioning the people of this country for free handouts. The guys is a fucking moron. We are in lockdown and more people have died in three months from the coronavirus than the entire flu season of 2017. Had we locked down then, the death count of that particular flu season would be much lower. I don't even think Mulvaney is attempting to distort the truth, I think he's just an idiot.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

He looks like Cobra Commander needed to modernize his look.

I was thinking more like if Raiden was wearing Scorpion's face as a trophy.

5 minutes ago, Fez said:

I was thinking more like if Raiden was wearing Scorpion's face as a trophy.

Dark, but I can dig it.

It's actually a good look. The mask works well with the dark suit. He looks like an appropriate leader to take over a plague-ridden failing state.

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

Titus Pullo at least had the dignity to offer six pigeons. 

WH is refusing to release economic projections, breaking decades of precedent: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/28/white-house-coronavirus-economic-projections/?utm_source=reddit.com

The document would be slated for publication just a few months before the November elections.

“It gets them off the hook for having to say what the economic outlook looks like,” said Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a former director of the Congressional Budget Office who served as an economic adviser to the late senator John McCain (R-Ariz.).

Both liberal and conservative critics said the White House should publish its economic projections in line with the precedent set by prior administrations, regardless of the uncertainty caused by the pandemic. The White House under President Barack Obama continued to release these numbers during the Great Recession, although they were unflattering.

1 minute ago, aceluby said:

WH is refusing to release economic projections, breaking decades of precedent: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/28/white-house-coronavirus-economic-projections/?utm_source=reddit.com

It’s as though they don’t believe the public is entitled to this information.  What a surprise.

23 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I do have to say, I was amused by people who were making fun of Biden wearing a mask when he clearly looked like a fucking bad ass. 

Like I said before, a lot of women are looking like sexy bandits these days.

Funny how the mask game as become a new fashion statement. 

Archived