U.S. Politics: Only Death Can Pay For Growth

Jace, Extat

1 minute ago, Simon Steele said:

I explained why I thought comparing Biden to MLK was rough, and someone else explained why they saw it the other way, and I agreed with them I hadn't considered it that way. I did call BFC Biden's buddy because, like I mentioned elsewhere, I could only assume someone I don't know and have never talked to wouldn't talk to me that way unless they really loved Biden. 

But in the BFC post, it wasn't kind, and all I'd done was say I didn't care for Biden's response. It felt like empty platitudes. And why is it up to you to determine my sanity. I'll agree, I'm in the middle of this shit today, as always, but I'm not seeking it out. I just seem to piss people off. What can I do about it? Submit to their viewpoints? And you should be fair too--I've apologized to you and Week for being a dick, but we can't seem to quit bringing those things up. 

You don't seem to grasp how toxic and paranoid your posting style has become. BFC is not a regular in this thread but even he has seen enough to readily identify your shtick. You're so far up your own ass that you couldn't recognize that BFC's comparison between Biden and MLK was meant to be negative to Biden.

I keep bringing your history up because not a fucking thing has changed in your posts. You're still alternating between obvious shitposts and whining about how unjust it is that people think you're a shitposter.

3 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Sorry, was being 100% irreverent.

Yeah, apologies. Like I said, nuance meter is temporarily out of order.

24 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I mean yeah, that's essentially what I was trying to say in the post that kicked this whole thing off: that progressives should campaign hard for Biden, so that we don't get locked out of negotiations over the platform. And then when the election is over, let the knife fights begin, and if progressives get shut out because they got outmaneuvered, then that's one thing, but that they shouldn't even try to push the party and consolidate power is bonkers.

I agree.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

You don't seem to grasp how toxic and paranoid your posting style has become. BFC is not a regular in this thread but even he has seen enough to readily identify your shtick. You're so far up your own ass that you couldn't recognize that BFC's comparison between Biden and MLK was meant to be negative to Biden.

I keep bringing your history up because not a fucking thing has changed in your posts. You're still alternating between obvious shitposts and whining about how unjust it is that people think you're a shitposter.

I don't care what people think of me, but I'm not going to pretend that when someone drops in and uses shitty, gendered language to emasculate that it's totally cool. I've tried changing the subject, but you guys keep coming back to it. I mentioned a moment ago, nothing I say is personal against other boarders. But when they respond to me, it's personal. Who cares? It doesn't ruin my day.

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Yes, I believe the reason I am labeled a troll is because I tried to point that out politely. Well, politely for me. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Fuck these threads move so fast.

And I don't think Simon is using troll correctly, but eh, fuck it I give up.

I don't care what people think of me, but I'm not going to pretend that when someone drops in and uses shitty, gendered language to emasculate that it's totally cool. I've tried changing the subject, but you guys keep coming back to it. I mentioned a moment ago, nothing I say is personal against other boarders. But when they respond to me, it's personal. Who cares? It doesn't ruin my day.

OK, what? Did I miss something?

9 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

I don't like trolling, necessarily, but if I do troll, I wouldn't be upset if they ignored me. My trolling isn't about people personally here, either. I'll troll the shit out of Biden, and people take that personally. I ignore the trolls that personally attack me. What can I say? I choose the lesser evil of trolling. Like I'm supposed to do in November!

I mean, let's move this off me and look at the Great Unwashed. Definitely was piled on, and for what? I didn't see anything remotely inflammatory about his points. This specific thread can be real shitty, and it's not at my feet you can lay that.

He was piled on because he's a dirty, disgusting, no good Sooner.

See, that's playful trolling, if you even want to call it that. Just look at @DanteGabriel and I talk. There's no malice. No mean spirit. Just two people laughing at one another while they're bored.

You intentionally pick fights, then make bad faith arguments. Then when called on it, just say it's trolling.

You want to be a professor, right? You want to teach people, right? Would you ever want any of your students to behave like this to one another?

Of course not. Quit picking stupid fights and then accusing people of the exact same behavior that you demonstrate. You do it all the time man. 

4 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

It's funny though, you didn't mention how offensive you found the gendered insult until just now. You went straight for the "you're Biden's buddy!" angle in response to someone saying you complain about Biden a lot. And the nonsensical "it's a bad look to complain Biden to a civil rights leader" thing.

3 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

OK, what? Did I miss something?

It's a post you liked: 

I mean, I know I'm one of those safe space university types, but when you use language like "moan your tits off" you're using gendered language in a way to suggest that being a woman is equated to a lack of manly stoicism. The word "tits" is coded, misogynistic language. For the same reason I found it offensive when so many liberals (men specifically) started thinking it was okay to quote Trump saying he would grab young girls inappropriately, I find the above to be equally gendered and fucked up. 

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

...........Apparently none of you want shots.  Your loss.

I'm so far ahead of you right now.

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Look, I'd normally love a shot, but I don't like the way Tywin has been looking at my mouth lately.

You don't need to worry until the gaze turns to your ass.

2 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I'm so far ahead of you right now.

That's what you think.

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

It's funny though, you didn't mention how offensive you found the gendered insult until just now. You went straight for the "you're Biden's buddy!" angle in response to someone saying you complain about Biden a lot. And the nonsensical "it's a bad look to complain Biden to a civil rights leader" thing.

Biden's politics concerning mass incarceration, and his recent "gaffes" on the Breakfast Club are reasons I might hesitate from using MLK as a comparative marker--sarcastically or not. But you are definitely right--when I reread my post, I took a passive aggressive approach against BFC's comment instead of directly confronting the issues I had with it. The issue of race, gender, and just being a dick to a person you don't know. Can we move past it? I mean, what are we arguing about here? What's the win look like for you? Me leaving the thread? I'll do it if it makes you happy. I really have no problem with you, and have, in fact, always liked you. 

3 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

It's a post you liked: 

I mean, I know I'm one of those safe space university types, but when you use language like "moan your tits off" you're using gendered language in a way to suggest that being a woman is equated to a lack of manly stoicism. The word "tits" is coded, misogynistic language. For the same reason I found it offensive when so many liberals (men specifically) started thinking it was okay to quote Trump saying he would grab young girls inappropriately, I find the above to be equally gendered and fucked up. 

Welp, that's the craziest thing I've seen in here all day, so I think I'm going to call it quits and play some Nioh 2. Good luck to everyone else.

It's a post you liked: 

That's a pretty common British expression. I mean, yes, it's gendered, but I think you are reading too much into that phrase. I would not say that someone who is complaining is "bitching" about something, but I wouldn't accuse someone else who says it of being an arch misogynist. And I say this as someone who's had my own disagreements with BFC.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He was piled on because he's a dirty, disgusting, no good Sooner.

See, that's playful trolling, if you even want to call it that. Just look at @DanteGabriel and I talk. There's no malice. No mean spirit. Just two people laughing at one another while they're bored.

You intentionally pick fights, then make bad faith arguments. Then when called on it, just say it's trolling.

You want to be a professor, right? You want to teach people, right? Would you ever want any of your students to behave like this to one another?

Of course not. Quit picking stupid fights and then accusing people of the exact same behavior that you demonstrate. You do it all the time man. 

I already am those things. But I'm going to let this go, I'm still confused about where I picked a fight.

2 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Biden's politics concerning mass incarceration, and his recent "gaffes" on the Breakfast Club are reasons I might hesitate from using MLK as a comparative marker--sarcastically or not. But you are definitely right--when I reread my post, I took a passive aggressive approach against BFC's comment instead of directly confronting the issues I had with it. The issue of race, gender, and just being a dick to a person you don't know. Can we move past it? I mean, what are we arguing about here? What's the win look like for you? Me leaving the thread? I'll do it if it makes you happy. I really have no problem with you, and have, in fact, always liked you. 

My win is that you take a deep breath and count to ten next time you see encounter mild disagreement or mockery about your Biden criticisms, instead of calling the other person Biden's buddy. How about that?

Archived