U.S. Politics: Only Death Can Pay For Growth

Jace, Extat

2 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

It has been quiet down in my neck of the woods.

I live within five miles of what's going on. Not as close as Kay, she's in the heart of the fire so to speak, but still, there are a lot of places that just thought they were getting to open up only to board up. They'll be fine, to be clear. Nothing much will happen here, but it's telling how scared they are. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

I live within five miles of what's going on. Not as close as Kay, she's in the heart of the fire so to speak, but still, there are a lot of places that just thought they were getting to open up only to board up. They'll be fine, to be clear. Nothing much will happen here, but it's telling how scared they are. 

I am in the 5 to 10 Mile range of it.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

On the St. Paul side?

Like I said before, I don't go to Midway anymore. Too many bad memories. Not exactly sure what's cracking there.

No I am in Bloomington.  I used to live in North Saint Paul.

19 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Didn't notice the edit for a while.

As a Warren supporter, I'm not sure she is the best VP choice. Not sure she moves the needle much more than any other progressive, and if Biden wins I'd rather see her in the Senate or Treasury than in something like VP, unless she goes Dick Cheney and starts running her own shop within the executive branch.

Warren belongs in the Senate. Mass is funky, what with their Republican governor, and I see no value to holding a special election in a state that elects... those types as their state executive. No, better to leave her where she is I think.

1 minute ago, Guy Kilmore said:

No I am in Bloomington.  I used to live in North Saint Paul.

Sorry, forgot you told me that. 

I'm having a hard time explaining to people out of state what the atmosphere here is like. The closest example, in an odd way, is after walking around Buenos Aires after the Germans smashed Argentina in a knockout round during the World Cup. Everyone is just sad. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Sorry, forgot you told me that. 

I'm having a hard time explaining to people out of state what the atmosphere here is like. The closest example, in an odd way, is after walking around Buenos Aires after the Germans smashed Argentina in a knockout round during the World Cup. Everyone is just sad. 

Sad and Angry....a little bit scared and frustrated.  And.....waiting.

1 hour ago, Rorshach said:

I think that is true, to some extent. However, he is quite open about his bias, so trying to hide it ... I'm not buying that one. 

hmm...perhaps 'justify' his bias is a better word choice than 'hide' his bias.

8 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Warren belongs in the Senate. Mass is funky, what with their Republican governor, and I see no value to holding a special election in a state that elects... those types as their state executive. No, better to leave her where she is I think.

A reasonable take. Who are you and what have you done with Jace?

29 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Didn't notice the edit for a while.

As a Warren supporter, I'm not sure she is the best VP choice. Not sure she moves the needle much more than any other progressive, and if Biden wins I'd rather see her in the Senate or Treasury than in something like VP, unless she goes Dick Cheney and starts running her own shop within the executive branch.

I thought that same thing, but this article (Politico) changed my mind yesterday. Summary: A top pollster really believes she is the answer. I get what you mean about a position where she has more room to actually do things (than the VP).

45 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Sad and Angry....a little bit scared and frustrated.  And.....waiting.

That's the scary part right now. The what if.

44 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

A reasonable take. Who are you and what have you done with Jace?

Problem may just be we're in Jaceland now. So now she seems normal. 

Did anyone else besides me see the interview with the night club owner where Floyd worked? I'm not 100% for sure, but I thought she said that Chauvin also worked there and that they at least knew each other. Am I imagining things? 

6 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Did anyone else besides me see the interview with the night club owner where Floyd worked? I'm not 100% for sure, but I thought she said that Chauvin also worked there and that they at least knew each other. Am I imagining things? 

It's been widely reported here.

But who knows what is real these days. Everything is fluid and changing.

Well, except that @Rhom's son is a traitor, but I don't really want to put his business out there. 

What did this corrupt administration think it was proving by releasing the Flynn-Kislyak transcript? This stuff is, if anything, worse than what had been reported. It's in black-and-white that Flynn talked sanctions (which he denied doing to the FBI and allegedly to the VP). Is this some kind of sleight of hand they're hoping to pull, like when the "perfect transcript" from the Ukraine call was anything but but they pretended otherwise?

Absurd.

3 minutes ago, Ran said:

What did this corrupt administration think it was proving by releasing the Flynn-Kislyak transcript? This stuff is, if anything, worse than what had been reported. It's in black-and-white that Flynn talked sanctions (which he denied doing to the FBI and allegedly to the VP). Is this some kind of sleight of hand they're hoping to pull, like when the "perfect transcript" from the Ukraine call was anything but but they pretended otherwise?

Absurd.

Remember when mcbigski unironically cited the National Inquirer a few weeks ago? Yeah, Republicans are people who read the National Inquirer bro. The transcript says whatever Daddy Donald says it says or else you're saying what the fake news media says to say. Say that! Say that it says what Daddy says it says and not what the media was said to say it says right now or I'll know you're in an echo chamber!

57 minutes ago, Ran said:

Absurd.

It's a news dump during a pandemic and total anarchy. No one will ever see it. 

Archived