Police #2: Burning down the house

Fragile Bird

I am not watching any streams yet because I’m trying to take a nap before another long night (and after a long day of impromptu construction work), but I can hear continuous police sirens and helicopters already. I’ve heard rumors from several places that lethal force was authorized for tonight and I just hope so much that is not true.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

There was something profoundly disturbing about the man with the umbrella. 

He looked as much like a robot or an alien trying to perform being a human as a cop pretending to be a protestor. So clearly not what he was pretending to be

10 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Agreed.

And it looks like they closed down the interstates about the cities.  Be safe!

You can leave, but you cannot go in. I'm just on the edge of the city. Kay is in a much worse place.

A friend who lives just where by Kay is is terrified her house will burn down. Her and her husband are actively preparing a "GTFO" bag. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

You can leave, but you cannot go in. I'm just on the edge of the city. Kay is in a much worse place.

A friend who lives just where by Kay is is terrified her house will burn down. Her and her husband are actively preparing a "GTFO" bag. 

I have some close friends in the down town area, and another group up by you.  Be safe Kay!

It makes me wonder how @aceluby and @litechick are doing.

16 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I am not watching any streams yet because I’m trying to take a nap before another long night (and after a long day of impromptu construction work), but I can hear continuous police sirens and helicopters already. I’ve heard rumors from several places that lethal force was authorized for tonight and I just hope so much that is not true.

I don't think you'll be going back to work soon, as planned. Have not heard about live rounds, but they were shooting people directly with the tear gas, much like I said they did the other day when we were partying at the university years ago. They fucking aimed it at us. And they were having fun.

16 minutes ago, karaddin said:

He looked as much like a robot or an alien trying to perform being a human as a cop pretending to be a protestor. So clearly not what he was pretending to be

There's always been rumors of shit like this happening here. It's why I made the 2008 reference. The RNC was held here then. Where Palin began her rise. It was always said that the police started all the riots. Many of my peers spoke about getting arrested miles away just for relaxing in a park near by. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

There's always been rumors of shit like this happening here. It's why I made the 2008 reference. The RNC was held here then. Where Palin began her rise. It was always said that the police started all the riots. Many of my peers spoke about getting arrested miles away just for relaxing in a park near by. 

We had to wear special passes because we worked homeless outreach in the area.  We were friends with some of the officers on the force, I remember the night when it was going to break out.  They told us that day that we should make sure our people, and us, found other places to be than downtown that night.

15 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

I have some close friends in the down town area, and another group up by you.  Be safe Kay!

It makes me wonder how @aceluby and @litechick are doing.

I can't speak to Lite, but I do worry about Ace, as it's fair to say we've become friends over the years here. He has a young kiddo, and his wife is pregnant, and my understanding is they live really close to everything that's breaking down. 

27 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh absolutely, I was agreeing and just trying to emphasise how "off" he looked.

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’m not concerned about fire for my home, but I worry about the houses across the street too close to one of the only in burned gas stations and the apartments above Caffetto and Hums. I parked my car in front of Caffetto so I can set off the car alarm from the house if there’s trouble there. My wussy neighbors are not helping, but I’m trying to make sure no fire catches those places and have been dispersing people. I will be fine. I do not look different than the rioters (and honestly, I’m fine with riots and rioters just as long as they don’t burn homes).

27 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I’m not concerned about fire for my home, but I worry about the houses across the street too close to one of the only in burned gas stations and the apartments above Caffetto and Hums. I parked my car in front of Caffetto so I can set off the car alarm from the house if there’s trouble there. My wussy neighbors are not helping, but I’m trying to make sure no fire catches those places and have been dispersing people. I will be fine. I do not look different than the rioters (and honestly, I’m fine with riots and rioters just as long as they don’t burn homes).

If I have things correct, you and her probably live very close to one another. She's also by the Isles. Her place is right across from places that have been burnt and looted, and she's freaking out. They don't want to leave, but they're balancing protecting their home verse their own safety.

Police culture is truly toxic from top to bottom and them being militarized has made it worse. Shooting rubber bullets at journalists, macing kids and elderly, running cruisers through the crowd, etc. I don't think reform would be enough at this point.

But why haven't you yet? 

I mean it's not like the city is burning or anything, specifically in the area that we're in. 

You're selfish Kay! 

:P

(the pictures on FB though. And no, that does not mean Kay is tattooing @Fragile Bird, you dirty fucks) 

Archived