Police #2: Burning down the house

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, it seems that the people that shout "law and order" the loudest are the very same people that have the least respect for it. When they say "law and order" the translation is "You do whatever we say and we do whatever in the hell we please."

“Law and order” only applies to those “bad people” over there.  Not to them.

:(

12 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I’m patrolling with the block watch, got one suspicious vehicle so far from the sweep but curfew only started 45 min ago. Blackhawks all over. Since joining the nights watch (and similarly filled with soft types), I don’t really get to watch the streams overnight. I honestly felt safer with the burning and looting than with the national guard and FBI out

Stay safe. My sentiments are meaningless in this I know but I have a lot of admiration for what you (and others like you) are doing. 

25 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Was there earlier and follow a lot of folks there at the time. This video is inaccurate - cops were removing a broken windshield in order to drive.

That said - the violence and unrest on Sunday WAS choreographed and started by police. Blocking mass transit exits (Park St, DTX, etc.), boxing in protestors, and then gas/spray/vehicles on protestors.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I cannot make out what is happening in that video.  It pixelates really badly.

Please read my reply that is immediately prior to yours.

15 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

And this which is OUTRAGEOUS ON AN ELECTION DAY. There's more on the ballot than the presidential candidates FFS.

https://www.popville.com/2020/06/dea-and-military-police-closing-off-streets-downtown/

He’s trying on the small scale what he may try on the large scale in November...

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

I'm wondering why the DEA is involved with this. Does it really have to be a full on call the banners move, all hands on deck?

Dude, those folks are like his 501st.

Elizabeth Warren is there with the protesters, in her mask and with her dog.

Last night was another bad one here, and some other places in the larger here of "here."

It isn't sounding good tonight either.  The cops are totally out of the mayor's control.  They target the protesters and let the looters and rioters just wail. They nearly killed a black guy going to his car after his long shift moving bodies around in the hospital where he works.  That's just one small thing they are doing.

43 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Elizabeth Warren is there with the protesters, in her mask and with her dog.

Last night was another bad one here, and some other places in the larger here of "here."

It isn't sounding good tonight either.  The cops are totally out of the mayor's control.  They target the protesters and let the looters and rioters just wail. They nearly killed a black guy going to his car after his long shift moving bodies around in the hospital where he works.  That's just one small thing they are doing.

Hearing about DeBlasio's shitty handling of the situation on the radio today was sucky.  Hearing Cuomo complain more about how the police failed to protect property than about how fucked the police are in general, and how they've escalated things, was even worse.  What a fucking mess.  

12 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I'm wondering why the DEA is involved with this. Does it really have to be a full on call the banners move, all hands on deck?

Why wouldn’t they? It’s a fascist government giving free reign to scumbags that should all have their departments and organizations completely abolished. People of color and other marginalized demographics would be much safer without the cops, especially when the cops collaborate with far right hate groups. 

27 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

https://m.startribune.com/derek-chauvin-second-degree-murder-charge-george-floyd-minneapolis-police-charged/570984872/

Ellison elevating the charges against officer Chauvin, and arguing the other three officers expected today

I am hoping that this is true.

52 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

https://alphanewsmn.com/minneapolis-city-council/

the Minneapolis City Council is looking in to scrapping the entire MPD and starting over. I would be elated at this.

I also hope this is true, but I don't really trust Alphanews as a reliable source.

Archived