US Politics: Burning Down the Country

ThinkerX

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ric Flair is North Carolina through and through.  I grew up in Rochester, I honestly would be happy if nobody knew that.

Just lie and say it was in MN. Then you could claim the Mayo Clinic. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just lie and say it was in MN.

Never!!!!  All those other Rochesters.....like my Rochester wasn't bad enough.  You have no idea what you're getting into man.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Never!!!!  All those other Rochesters.....like my Rochester wasn't bad enough.  You have no idea what you're getting into man.

It's like you're from Springfield or something.

But I'm cooking a few things. I need to roll back to that.

:leaving:

53 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He literally grew up here. Who cares if he washed out quickly from the university. 

Are you in a cranky mood or something? 

You're never going to get more proof. Not on 2008. But I did have friends just chilling at a park nearby and the cops rushed them. It was a pretty common thing to hear in the area. People at the protest swore it was a cop that broke the windows that sparked everything. And that's what it looked like with the white dude with the umbrella. 

And the world is starting to burn because we saw a video worse than Rodney King's. 

That happened.  Without question.  We simply don’t have any proof of motive or who did this beyond the quick partial veiw of that person’s face.

We need more to properly accuse an individual or even a group.  That evidence simply isn’t enough.

Last day of May goes out with the race war -- 'the boogaloo'* -- officially in the open, the race war the deathcultist supremacists have been itching for since the Vietnam years  The cops all across the country have gone 'rogue' refusing to obey mayors and governors and judges. Knew it was certain way back last fall when the NYC police commissioner essentially threatened mayor de Blasio with (unspecified) physical retaliation when he tried to rein in the police union's coverups and protection of the cops killing black people here.

Constant helicopter noise, flocks of them, endlessly circling.  We are situated  between two ongoing protests - riots:  the Union Square, 14th Street, Broadway marches and those in Brooklyn, Barclay Square. There were others, in the Bronx and Harlem.

Looking carefully at the videos and the photos from many different sources, it seems clear (at least here) the protestors are non-violent and generally people of color and white supporters, who are protesting the race war in which we now openly engaged, people who have been in the front lines of the Virus in every way, from the checkout counter, to being shoved in body bags and left in refrigerator trucks, to losing their business and jobs and getting no relief.  They have nothing more to lose, do they?  Yet, by and large, they are wearing masks, unlike the white rioters.  And of course the cops are armored up the wazoo including gas masks.

The rioters are the white supremacist accelerators, provocateurs and the cops. And the deathcultchiefpsychopath egging them on because he loves death and blood and cruelty.  It's the only thing that makes him feel anything other than bored.

The looters, looking at the vids and photos, are by and large, by far, white males.

~~~~~~~

*These assholes can't even come up with anything themselves, they even have to steal the name of one of the most fun and happy music forms for their frackin' hatred of non-whites, the great era of NY Puerto Rican music.

15 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The looters, looking at the vids and photos, are by and large, by far, white males.

You are far from alone in thinking this. In fact, even the people you are accusing of instigating this, are agreeing with you -- the only difference is that they blame far left white extremists where you blame far right extremists. So whoever it is that is trying to instigate this race war, seems luckily to not be very successful.

47 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That happened.  Without question.  

Then what are we really talking about?

44 minutes ago, DMC said:

I don't think you and rolling is a good idea.  At all.

On this, we agree. 

Tripping, being coked out while also being drunk and stoned at a music festival requires one to reflect upon their life when they feel like their heart is about to explode.

Still pro walking tacos though.

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Then what are we really talking about?

On this, we agree. 

Tripping, being coked out while also being drunk and stoned at a music festival requires one to reflect upon their life when they feel like their heart is about to explode.

Still pro walking tacos though.

We don’t know who did it.  With enough certainty to name an individual or group.  Even though we know someone did this.

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

We don’t know who did it.  With enough certainty to name an individual or group.  Even though we know someone did this.

We know who did it. Not the individual, but we know agents of the state did it, and they did it to justify attacking the protesters. 

ETA: And then they just started attacking everyone. We all know what happened.  

3 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Whoever they are, what level of force would be legal for a citizen to use to stop them when they are seen in the act of inciting a riot?  Saw the video going around facebook of the guy with a gas mask and umbrella calmly and deliberately smashing windows while protestors asked him to stop.  My first thought on that kit was antifa( maybe that's my bias).  The white supremacists these days seem to come with more of an incel/tiki-torch vibe.   If those guys, whoever they are, happened to start being on the receiving end of a vigorous counter protest then they could be unmasked and identified.  And at least get one asshole at a time off the board until a pattern emerges. 

Not sure if it's true beyond Atlanta, but the protests and gatherings there that were arranged as strictly peaceful seemed to get suborned pretty quickly.  So there may coordination at some level there, and a lot of well intentioned people getting used cynically.

If I thought that law enforcement and or the Guard could do it without shit spirally beyond that, I'd suggest they shoot on sight any white looking person who is dressed for a riot right now.  Must be some sort of clear and present danger allowance for use of force that applies here.  Whichever side guys dressed in gas masks, hoods, and all black, who go around inciting riots are on, it's not mine.  Take them out, they're assholes and using legitimate protesters with legitimate grievances as cover.

These are cops instigating it. It is so clear--they want the public sentiment to turn to their side. That it fantastically failed is not surprising, because again, these are cops. Not the brightest bulbs.

Still, I'll give the Flint sheriff some props. For the first time in my life, I saw a cop on video trying to deescalate a situation. That should be all that cops are allowed to do.

Also, on a different note, what happens if Trump turns the police/military/secret service on the protesters with deadly force? He's advocating for that on Twitter, I know, but that'd be unprecedented in this country. From my perspective, we're seeing a failure of the ideological state apparatuses (ideological indoctrination through schools, church, television, etc), and the need for repressive state apparatuses to be used against the citizenry for the first time in a long time. It shows what a sham this whole "it's a free country" we've been living in is. 

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

There were a good reason to suspect that.  That is not the same as certainty.

Such a low bar for a black man maybe using a fake bill.

Such a high bar for tax paid police that murdered him. 

Such fucked up unfairness in how things should actually work.

Like I said, we don't know the individual, but we know the departments. Without real accountability, how can there be any trust? 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Such a low bar for a black man maybe using a fake bill.

Such a high bar for paid police. 

Such fucked up unfairness in how things should actually work.

Like I said, we don't know the individual, but we know the departments. Without real accountability, how can there be any trust? 

I see where you are coming from and while I don’t agree.  I appreciate your perspective.

The fundamental point is: America is a broken system, rotten to its core. You can’t  reform something which is rotten to its core. 

the core fundament of the USA: greed, inequality, injustice, exploitation. Racism and perpetual war are tools to secure that this inequality will never change. Divide and conquer. 

Greatest country in the world, land of the free yadayada, nothing more than marketing slogans. 

I say: burn this house down to its fundament and build up something better.

The time has come.

I believe I read an article yesterday where they said 80% of the folks arrested in the Minnesotan uprising were Minnesotans. So no, a large swath of crowd are not outsiders, and certainly not the majority of the crowd as was originally asserted.

1 minute ago, Arakan said:

The fundamental point is: America is a broken system, rotten to its core. You can reform something which is rotten to its core. 

the core fundament of the USA: greed, inequality, injustice, exploitation. Racism is a tool to secure that this inequality will never change. Divide and conquer. 

Greatest country in the world, land of the free yadayada, nothing more than marketing slogans. 

I say: burn this house down to its fundament and build up something better.

The time has come.

How many innocent dead are you cool with to achieve this goal?

Archived