US Politics: Burning Down the Country

ThinkerX

Senator Cotton thinks Trump is doing fascism wrong.

Tom Cotton Says Trump Should Deploy U.S. Military To Contain Protests
“No quarter for insurrectionists, anarchists, rioters, and looters,” the Arkansas Republican senator tweeted.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-floyd-military-cotton_n_5ed511f3c5b677940f138a81

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) says President Donald Trump should deploy the U.S. military to help contain the unrest in major American cities over the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd.

“If local law enforcement is overwhelmed and needs backup, let’s see how tough these Antifa terrorists are when they’re facing off with the 101st Airborne Division. We need to have zero tolerance for this destruction,” Cotton wrote on Twitter.

Cotton, a U.S. Army veteran, said Trump should invoke the Insurrection Act of 1807, which governs the authority of federal troops during a state of emergency within the U.S. The act was last used by President George H.W. Bush in 1992 during the riots in Los Angeles that followed the acquittal of police officers in the Rodney King beating.

“If necessary, the 10th Mountain, 82nd Airborne, 1st Cav, 3rd Infantry—whatever it takes to restore order. No quarter for insurrectionists, anarchists, rioters, and looters,” Cotton 

27 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

The NYT is saying they obtained audio of Trump's call with governors.

“You have to dominate,” he told governors on the call. “If you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time — they’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks.”

charming.

though i thought that he liked protests? just last month? when the rights at stake involved commerce? and the protesters had firearms and a different complexion?

I gotta say with internet groups spilling into actual violence, and the level of general unrest this is starting to feel like early the Wiemar Republic.

That said I think most of the bad faith actors, white guys with backpacks ect. are not political just assholes. I can think of a dozen guys from my highschool who would fit that description and they weren't members of an organization just over privileged middle class kids who thought shoplifting was cool.

some of the property damage and wrongful expropriation is individualistic opportunism, and thereby consistent with rational economic conduct in a kenomatic zone as the default procedure of lumpenized antisocial nihilists long afflicted by the norms of bourgeois liberalism.

42 minutes ago, Week said:

#bunkerboy

Masshole weakass.

I bet it was you who told @Mexal that Joe Burrow couldn't cut it because he has Jace sized hands.

And to think, of all the great athletes of all time, you championed the least athletic looking dude ever. 

I dare you, I double dog dare you to say Thhhommmy is more athletic than Ronaldo. 

I fucking dare you! 

19 minutes ago, DMC said:

Something tells me Trump has never visited this site.  Or even aware of its existence.

And that Chappelle set is one of my favorites.  "Dave...I'm gonna race em."

For all his faults, that set from the early 2000's is one of the greatest of all time. 

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

He's being trolled by the Chinese too, over the hypocrisy in his support for Hong Kong protesters.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-01/china-trolls-u-s-over-riots-after-trump-criticized-hong-kong

They're so much better spoken than our leader. I forgot what it's like to hear people who can string sentences together.

I was thinking about your other post about the disarming of police. What do you think they'd do with all that military grade hardware? Give it to the military,I know, but damn, think about all the money spent over the last 20 years to turn out police force into a militarized repressive force.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Masshole weakass.

I bet it was you who told @Mexal that Joe Burrow couldn't cut it because he has Jace sized hands.

And to think, of all the great athletes of all time, you championed the least athletic looking dude ever. 

I dare you, I double dog dare you to say Thhhommmy is more athletic than Ronaldo. 

I fucking dare you! 

I did? I am very much over the worship of Thhhommmy. He was great in his hey-day but that ain't today. That said - I'd like to see Ronaldo make this move:

:P 

I'm a Bruins and Sox fan - if anything (despite issues with both franchises (and sports) - *cough Yawkey cough*)

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

For all his faults, that set from the early 2000's is one of the greatest of all time. 

I don't think Chappelle's faults need to be emphasized anymore than, ya know, any other persons'.  He's an all around pretty cool dude if you meet him.

1 hour ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Does anyone know if there is good wifi reception in the WH bunker? The world will be done a service if Mango Mussolini cant rage tweet from his fortress of desolitude.

Ah well 2020, what a year eh?

Trump's "intelligence challenged" sons are probably the sender's of most of his lunatic tweets anyways, so I don't expect them to stop when the orange slob is cowering in his cave.

25 minutes ago, Darzin said:

I gotta say with internet groups spilling into actual violence, and the level of general unrest this is starting to feel like early the Wiemar Republic.

That said I think most of the bad faith actors, white guys with backpacks ect. are not political just assholes. I can think of a dozen guys from my highschool who would fit that description and they weren't members of an organization just over privileged middle class kids who thought shoplifting was cool.

My son and his friends went to protest last night, and we (parents) went too. Across the road a group of white high school boys were holding up signs saying things like "free MLB!" And a group of older white men had gathered with them laughing and yucking it up. This country is full of grown, broken white baby-men who would absolutely do this. That my son and his friends, just finishing their freshman year of high school, were more mature and more socially aware than grown ass men...ugh, what's it matter.

1 minute ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Trump's "intelligence challenged" sons are probably the sender's of most of his lunatic tweets anyways, so I don't expect them to stop when the orange slob is cowering in his cave.

Where'd that notion come from? With the exception of like five that I can think of (I'm sure there's a few more) which were obviously written by Stephen Miller or another literate aide, I'd find it difficult to believe Trump isn't the author of the dribbling gelastic virtual wails that his gorked followers subsume so seriously.

All this talk of looting and who might be responsible, why has no news outlet hit on a very obvious likelihood: we're in a recession (to say it's not one is crazy, it's been going on for months). Unemployment is at the highest it has been since the Great Depression, and Mitch McConnell, Republicans, and even some Democrats have recently said no more stimulus. I mean, people are really suffering out there, and no one is immune. There's talk of what might happen to tier 2 and 3 universities, some of them potentially closing down for good. I always figured if things got bad enough in higher ed I'd just jump back over to public school teaching, but public schools around the country are on a hiring freeze. Our newest graduates all were offered teaching positions, but none of them have been allowed to sign contracts yet. Given the stark reality of our recession barreling into a depression, why has the news not made this connection? 

2 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

There's talk of what might happen to tier 2 and 3 universities, some of them potentially closing down for good. I always figured if things got bad enough in higher ed I'd just jump back over to public school teaching, but public schools around the country are on a hiring freeze.

Yeah this is where I'm at.

48 minutes ago, Week said:

I did? I am very much over the worship of Thhhommmy. He was great in his hey-day but that ain't today. That said - I'd like to see Ronaldo make this move:

:P 

I'm a Bruins and Sox fan - if anything (despite issues with both franchises (and sports) - *cough Yawkey cough*)

There are many great things to say about Urlacher, but he was an oddly bad open field tackler for an all-time great. 

Monster on the blitz in Madden though.

48 minutes ago, DMC said:

I don't think Chappelle's faults need to be emphasized anymore than, ya know, any other persons'.  He's an all around pretty cool dude if you meet him.

I just think you can get away with almost any joke so long as it comes from a place of love, and that's not always the case with him.

47 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Where'd that notion come from? With the exception of like five that I can think of (I'm sure there's a few more) which were obviously written by Stephen Miller or another literate aide, I'd find it difficult to believe Trump isn't the author of the dribbling gelastic virtual wails that his gorked followers subsume so seriously.

Yes, I have to agree with that. Sometimes you see an intelligent tweet, and so you know a staffer wrote it, but from what I’ve seen of the sons and son-in-law, they weren’t the ones.

45 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Trump himself  probably writes some of the idiotic shit as well, but I've long suspected it's a team of idiots involved due to the volume and timing (lasting all through wknds and evenings often). Miller ( with heinous views ) would also be a prime suspect of the team.

No proof of that, but it's what I've long suspected.

Archived