US Politics: Burning Down the Country

ThinkerX

4 hours ago, Toth said:

I don't know about that, I think Chappelle's humor stems from a very deep awareness about how the race issues of the US work and poking fun at that. Granted, that's just me speaking as a white European having watched his show back when I was a kid. But the only thing I put against him is making the experience that while a white dude in blackface is offensive, a black dude in whiteface is the stuff of nightmares!

Yeah but those aren’t the bits that are being referenced. He really wasn’t being helpful to the trans community in that last Netflix special.

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Trump just invoked the 1807 Insurrection Act, so he could use the military to clear the protestors so he could have a photo opp at St. John's church. The troops used tear gas and pepper spray and flash bangs.

And Jesus wept.

And if you think I'm exagerrating, the bastard is standing there holding a bible, hiding behind God. Not a photo opp, right? But his press secretary is beside him. 

EVERY FUCKING TIME I THINK HE CAN'T GO LOWER HE PROVES ME WRONG!

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

And if you think I'm exagerrating, the bastard is standing there holding a bible, hiding behind God. Not a photo opp, right? But his press secretary is beside him. 

Said it up above -- he's declared boogaloo, like They want.  We are seeing the military take-over of the US in action right this minute.

6 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ugh, as much as I bitch about Biden this shit needs to end. We're on the edge of a knife right now, and while I think there is another knife edge coming up (I'm calling that Tom Cotton (or someone like him) is going to be the Republican nominee in 2024), we need to focus on getting off this one first.

31 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I mean, isn't this standard? 

I think we can safely say that November will be a shitstorm. There's no way Trump is leaving office of his own free will. He'll say it was rigged, will refuge to leave the building and so on, and it'll be up to decent people to ensure he does go when he should. My confidence in that happening is very low right now.

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

He’s welcome to.

Fuck Trump.

Scot- you curse now???

Also, don’t you kids worry. It’s not so bad being branded an internet terrorist. I was put on a domestic terrorist list for buying some Leonard Peltier defense fund merchandise from the American Indian Movement in the 90s when I was in high school and have remained on it because AIM is considered terrorist for dumb racist reasons. The only time it’s caused anything other than a chuckle was when that was probably the reason I was detained and questioned for a few hours entering Scotland during their independence referendum. They have such a hair trigger classifying people as potential threats and such vast incompetence that you shouldn’t run into any trouble.

3 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Scot- you curse now???

Also, don’t you kids worry. It’s not so bad being branded an internet terrorist. I was put on a domestic terrorist list for buying some Leonard Peltier defense fund merchandise from the American Indian Movement in the 90s when I was in high school and have remained on it because AIM is considered terrorist for dumb racist reasons. The only time it’s caused anything other than a chuckle was when that was probably the reason I was detained and questioned for a few hours entering Scotland during their independence referendum. They have such a hair trigger classifying people as potential threats and such vast incompetence that you shouldn’t run into any trouble.

When it is appropriate to do so.

Archived