U.S. Politics: Speak, Shriek, or Squeak! Whatever Technique You Seek in Critique of the Isogeneic Freak.

Jace, Extat

24 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

It kind of makes you wonder how things would be different now had he won in 2012. I'd never vote for him, but would his winning have stopped the nightmare of today? 

Delayed, not stopped.

Well, women always told me this would be a good look for me. Not sure how I feel about it, but it could worse. 

Also I really need a haircut, even if I want to try to grow it out one last time before, well, Father Time gets his victory. 

5 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I was about to say how do you think center-right people in Connecticut would feel, but really how much different would it be here?

Goddammit, quit making so much sense!

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Delayed, not stopped.

Well, women always told me this would be a good look for me. Not sure how I feel about it, but it could worse. 

Also I really need a haircut, even if I want to try to grow it out one last time before, well, Father Time gets his victory. 

I meant to add to my previous post that I was enjoying you guys all fighting with each other and know I should just keep my mouth shut and chow the popcorn, but that Orange/Mango/Peach juice I got from BJs a while back while they were out of OJ is pretty fucking great with Triple Sec and Patron.

Sounds like you're about to become a follicle redistributor too.  But even at my advanced age, I've gotten pretty much universal compliments on my somewhat longer hair.  Last time it was this long it was still the 90s and Ferris Bueller stole my style.  Nowadays, it's still mostly pepper, couple dashes of salt, and my face doesnt look like I'm 12, so it's working better.  I'm going to get the edges trimmed soon, now that the barber shops are open, but keeping it longer.  And on the plus side, my fully luscious head locks are covering some of the over aggressive ear hair you still have to look forward to.

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Delayed, not stopped.

Dude, you need to drop the horny dudebro act, it just makes me want to slap you.

18 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

The more I hear about how the NSA surveilles basically everyone, the more I wonder if Shark's or Mako's, or whatever Romney's get out the vote software was in 2012, crash on election day wasn't an accident. So many agencies were politicized already, why not the hackers too?  I used to think Sharyl Attkinson was kind of a bad ass reporter to get the sort of attention that she got from intelligence agencies during the Obama years, but maybe she was just one of the higher nails to get hammered down.  (Sounds like they were watching pretty much everyone in the run up to the Iran deal.  (Unless it never happens if it's not on approved media sources.))

To me, if one thinks the US is a good idea to keep intact, one needs to consider that parties will go in and out of power, and not go totally all in on abusing power when you have it.  Slippery slope gets trashed as a concept, when people are defending their own team, but it definitely applies here.

Granted "a government agency crashed Romney's computers" is still just my personal tinfoil at this point, but it's not exactly outlandish if you combine amoralism and ambition with tech acumen and modern computers.  And that's not to say I think it was decisive, but once you have that level of influence, why not use it, if you've given up on any common ground?

I'm really not even sure what you're talking about here, but since I have your attention, why do you enjoy trolling? Aren't you a bit old for all of that? 

5 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Dude, you need to drop the horny dudebro act, it just makes me want to slap you.

Yeah, but we both know who wins that fight. 

I think the biggest problem in all this is the first past the post two party system. A lot more conservatives would be willing to criticize Trump if there was another conservative party they could jump to. Instead everything is a polarized  existential battle because  because the best person on their side is worse then the worse person on your side.  Party-list proportional representation would ease a lot of this ideological trench warfare, but it's not going to happen, break up of the US is likelier. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm really not even sure what you're talking about here, but since I have your attention, why do you enjoy trolling? Aren't you a bit old for all of that?

Let's see what else comes out on the surveillance state over the next couple decades.  Really, if we don't see that would be worse.  At least if Minnesota joins with Canada you can start wearing a toque to cover your baldness.  I'll still be a silver fox if Zuckerburg doesnt throw me in a re-education camp.

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, but we both know who wins that fight. 

Yeah, me. Cause I have the High Ground.

Seriously, you sound like an idiot. But, continue.

Esper is saying that he had no knowledge of any of the events of yesterday, including gassing protesters and the photo op.

That seems to be moving quickly to distance himself from Trump.

9 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Let's see what else comes out on the surveillance state over the next couple decades.  Really, if we don't see that would be worse.  At least if Minnesota joins with Canada you can start wearing a toque to cover your baldness.  I'll still be a silver fox if Zuckerburg doesnt throw me in a re-education camp.

1/10.

Also, I still have a full head of hair. I just see some of the older men in my family and am like this could go two ways. 

10 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

It would though, Minnesota has a mad crush on Canada.

Look, we're not suppose to tell Frags we want to grab her tail feather or anything. 

I mean, she thinks we want to steal her water.

Water that needs freedom, by the way. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah, me. Cause I have the High Ground.

Seriously, you sound like an idiot. But, continue.

You referenced the prequels while calling me an idiot?  

That's pretty funny, in it's own way. 

33 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Just make sure it's entirely from your own agency.  Ty can be subtle and is always trying to get Jace to smack him around.  I always picture her in heels and a studded chocker.  With Ty on a leash in a gimp suit.

3 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Just make sure it's entirely from your own agency.  Ty can be subtle and is always trying to get Jace to smack him around.  I always picture her in heels and a studded chocker.  With Ty on a leash in a gimp suit.

@Jace, Basilissa Is not a fan of heels, last time her and I spoke about it. 

Archived