NFL 2020 Offseason: Are we even doing this any more?

DanteGabriel

Their comments about how he won the job aren't exactly glowing. Or measurable. Sounds mostly like make believe.

Meanwhile the former MVP of the league is salaried for a quarter of Trubisky's cap number in NE. I can't wait for Ryan Pace to get fired in week 12.

Lions will have Adrian Peterson for the season, he will be joining a deep pool of able youngsters that includes D'Andre Swift who should give us our first honest "ground game" in ages. 

I like having a HoFmer to inspire these guys. They've been writing his obit for years but A.P. keeps persevering. Would not be shocked to see some productivity out of this backfield this season.

26 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I've been quite wrong about Rosen and thought he'd be at least solid.  Saw that he has the worst QBR of any QB that's played at least 20 games across the same span, and something else that jumps out to me is how much two different teams have already been like "we're drafting QB" even with Rosen on the roster.  That seams really damning.  And no one doubts the throwing ability which suggests that the game is too fast.

Or he played on a team that was tanking a year after playing for a team that seemed allergic to offense. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a very capable, but streaky, passer. His successes should not be read unconditionally against Rosen.

Mike Florio says he had offers to make more than one 53-man roster but chose the Tampa practice squad to try and rehabilitate his career rather than be the third string guy at risk of being cut every week. Unlike Josh Allen, Rosen can actually throw a football with professional accuracy. The rest can be coached, and he's in the perfect place for it.

My good people I need your help. Some of you already know this drill but others may not: I'm in an ESPN fantasy football league with my coworkers. BUT -- I play by golf rules (the rest of the league plays by normal rules). That means I need to field a team of starters who suck. I do not want benchwarmers.

I want ham-handed QBs who keep taking snaps because the team has no one else and whose o-line is more porous than a loofah.

I want RBs who could be outrun by an elderly golden lab.

I want TEs who just stand there and look serious.

I want WRs with flippers for hands.

So, who should I draft?

Adam Gase is definitely your friend here.  I'd stay away from Herndon, but Gase is usually at or near the top in slowest pace of play.  Less plays equals less points.   If you're getting graded on lack of efficiency, Frank Gore should be solid at this point in his career, but he tends to get consistent work still.  And don't sleep on Darnold either, he may be better than last year, but the Bills D is fearsome, Hoodie can out scheme him blindfolded and Miami upgraded their secondary significantly, so I expect that his division schedule will be clearly harder than last year as far as pass defenses.  But Ty is certainly correct about Mitch too.

For TE, go ahead and draft Smythe from Miami.  He's listed as the top TE on the depth chart(so not even a total tank job), but does all the blocking work while Gesicki gets most of the targets.  Or Mo Alie-Cox, impressively super big.

Archived