NFL 2020 Offseason: Are we even doing this any more?

DanteGabriel

On 9/8/2020 at 6:22 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

My good people I need your help. Some of you already know this drill but others may not: I'm in an ESPN fantasy football league with my coworkers. BUT -- I play by golf rules (the rest of the league plays by normal rules). That means I need to field a team of starters who suck. I do not want benchwarmers.

I want ham-handed QBs who keep taking snaps because the team has no one else and whose o-line is more porous than a loofah.

I want RBs who could be outrun by an elderly golden lab.

I want TEs who just stand there and look serious.

I want WRs with flippers for hands.

So, who should I draft?

Well, for QB, Nathan Peterman is somehow still in the league.

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Friendly reminder since the season starts tomorrow, Pick'em is reactivated and everyone who played last year should have gotten an automatic invite. Anyone is welcomed to join. Just PM your email.

sent you a PM

Thank you for the tips -- they were most helpful. I ended up drafting Chicago Mitch for QB (Darnold for backup), partly because a couple of my colleagues are in Chicago and are Bears fans and if you're gonna trash talk (the whole reason why I do this), might as well throw shade on someone else's team by picking their QB for your golf-rules fantasy stunt. :lol:  I picked a CHI WR too, just to salt that wound.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Guess the NFL wasn't wrong to worry that a majority of their white fans are racist snowflakes. 

I will say that it definitely didn't sound like every fan in attendance was booing.  Enough to be heard but I'm not even sure it was the majority.  

30 minutes ago, briantw said:

I will say that it definitely didn't sound like every fan in attendance was booing.  Enough to be heard but I'm not even sure it was the majority.  

Statistically it was probably 40-60%, given that's the relative #s of white people who vote for Trump regularly. 

12 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Statistically it was probably 40-60%, given that's the relative #s of white people who vote for Trump regularly. 

Yeah it sounded like less than half to me based on how loud the crowd got during the game.

Not excusing the ones who did, of course.  Fuck those racist fucks.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I wasn’t just talking about the booing fans in the stadium. In the aftermath of Kaepernick kneeling, the NFL either did extensive research or just went with their gut, but what’s clear is that they determined their fan base was too racist to have an honest conversation about race and instead embraced the strawman argument that he was disrespecting the troops and the country. And now four years later they’re starting to realize said honest conversation was actually one they could have easily had. Hell, liberal ideals have actually won the corporate culture battle outside of those at the top who are largely high functioning psychopaths.

Archived