NFL 2020 Offseason: Are we even doing this any more?

DanteGabriel

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Barkley had to fight for that stat line too. It looked like the Steelers D-line was going up against an average college O-line. It was comical at times. 

I think at one point he had 7 carries for -4 yards.

Also, funny how in Pick'em everyone too the Vikings, yet @aceluby and I, the two Vikings fans, put the least on them.

Don't forget to put your noon picks in next time. 

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think at one point he had 7 carries for -4 yards.

Also, funny how in Pick'em everyone too the Vikings, yet @aceluby and I, the two Vikings fans, put the least on them.

Don't forget to put your noon picks in next time. 

I have zero confidence in the Vikings this year.  D looks porous, O looks average, and no home field advantage for the year.   I'm expecting a 500 club

21 minutes ago, aceluby said:

I have zero confidence in the Vikings this year.  D looks porous, O looks average, and no home field advantage for the year.   I'm expecting a 500 club

I'm not too worried and think we'll go 10-6. The defense will be fine if/when Hunter comes back in a few weeks and the CBs have time to gel. You can't replace an entire unit, with two rookies to add, and not expect some early growing pains. And the offense was fine once they got the ball and the play caller gets his head out of his ass.  First, who calls a play action pass on your own 1 yard line with a subpar O-Line? That was obviously going to end poorly. And then later at the end of the first half we again called a crazy play that led to a turnover and a quick score. If we clean that up and get more pressure on D we'll be alright. And plus, the division is not as strong as it was a few years ago. 

Giants looked solid last night and I'm impressed/pleased.  They still did some classic Giants stuff last night like recovering the muffed punt on the 5 and walking away with 3 instead of 7, the DJ interception after that epic drive. But over all they looked more like a team that didn't play a preseason game than a young team with a first time HC. They got some laps to run for the mistakes but overall if they can clean things up I think they might actually be .500 this year.  Definitely have to get more production/better holes for Barkley and that'll help the O tremendously. Glad to have the season back. 

4 hours ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Giants looked solid last night and I'm impressed/pleased.  They still did some classic Giants stuff last night like recovering the muffed punt on the 5 and walking away with 3 instead of 7, the DJ interception after that epic drive. But over all they looked more like a team that didn't play a preseason game than a young team with a first time HC. They got some laps to run for the mistakes but overall if they can clean things up I think they might actually be .500 this year.  Definitely have to get more production/better holes for Barkley and that'll help the O tremendously. Glad to have the season back. 

That's the most optimistic appraisal I've ever seen of a squad in its 6th strait iteration as a JV outfit.

39 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

That's the most optimistic appraisal I've ever seen of a squad in its 6th strait iteration as a JV outfit.

After MacAdoodoo and Shurmur and the way the Giants have looked the past few years, I'll stick by my assessment that it was a solid start. 1 game into the season, and a lose at that, I feel more optimistic about the season than I have in years..........but then again we're rolling into week 2 and things can change quickly, we'll see how I feel after the Bears game 

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm not too worried and think we'll go 10-6. The defense will be fine if/when Hunter comes back in a few weeks and the CBs have time to gel. You can't replace an entire unit, with two rookies to add, and not expect some early growing pains. And the offense was fine once they got the ball and the play caller gets his head out of his ass.  First, who calls a play action pass on your own 1 yard line with a subpar O-Line? That was obviously going to end poorly. And then later at the end of the first half we again called a crazy play that led to a turnover and a quick score. If we clean that up and get more pressure on D we'll be alright. And plus, the division is not as strong as it was a few years ago. 

Four of their games are against the Bears and Lions, so 10-6 this year is really a 6-6 record against an even sampling of the league.

The young CBs are a risk in this pass-heavy era, and Diggs is an unfortunate loss because opponents can focus on Thielen.  Vikes should easily make the play-offs with an extra wild card spot available, but they’re getting a big boost from a weak division.  Imagine if they were in the NFC west.

20 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Four of their games are against the Bears and Lions, so 10-6 this year is really a 6-6 record against an even sampling of the league.

The young CBs are a risk in this pass-heavy era, and Diggs is an unfortunate loss because opponents can focus on Thielen.  Vikes should easily make the play-offs with an extra wild card spot available, but they’re getting a big boost from a weak division.  Imagine if they were in the NFC west.

The Lions and Bears aren’t bad teams. Frankly the gap between the best and worst team in our division isn’t that large. Chicago would be an Owl contender with an above average QB, and the Lions have a pretty good roster. Their coach is just an idiot and they for whatever reason always have the worst luck.

The loss of Diggs isn’t as bad as it may seem. Thielen was out most of last year, so you can just slide him into Diggs role and we got a highly valued WR prospect in return. And the young CBs are talented, they just haven’t had time to get familiar with one another. I’m not too worried, but I also have next to no expectations that we’ll be champions this year. We’re at best the 4th best team in the NFC, and you could argue we should probably be ranked 7th.

Gardner Minshew went 19 of 20 for 3 TDs on Sunday. And that's why I learned to enjoy the pain of Colts fans who were convinced Deforrest Buckner was J.J. Donald reborn in the body of Warren White. Motherfucker didn't have his name called despite playing 86 percent of defensive snaps.

Archived