Star Wars: the First Time is always Special

Gaston de Foix

56 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

I knew there was a significance to Lando being in disguise.  Alright, Luke has a lightsaber now, green this time.  Does the distinction between green and blue lightsabers have a significance for Jedi knights?

They retconned that in a videogame and novels and such to mean something.  Truth is Green shows up better contrasting against sand and blue sky so they changed it late in the game.  There is at least one trailer with it being blue and the cover of the novelization is a blue lightsaber

17 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

They retconned that in a videogame and novels and such to mean something.  Truth is Green shows up better contrasting against sand and blue sky so they changed it late in the game.  There is at least one trailer with it being blue and the cover of the novelization is a blue lightsaber

Interesting. Thanks.  Meanwhile, It seems Vader is disobeying the Emperor's commands to leave Luke to come to him.  Hmmm. 

Luke tells Leia she is his sister.  And expresses his high-minded desire to turn his father back.  The same desire the Emperor identified as Luke's greatest weakness. 

Interestingly that is not what Obi Wan Kenobi told him he would have to do when confronting his father (although it may be what Yoda meant).  But it's pretty clear that this is the hinge on which the whole outcome will depend.  

1 hour ago, Gaston de Foix said:

So I finally meet an Ewok.  They are kinda cute.  

Don't let them fool you. It's canon that they ate many of the fallen stormtroopers. 

Thanks, Stannis. 

Pancakes and Nandos are enough to win me the afternoon to finish up.  Our heroes are assembled in Endor and planning on mounting a rescue.  The friendly Ewok mounts a distraction.  For a seemingly primitive civilization they sure seem to know how to ride a bike.  

Archived