Star Wars: the First Time is always Special

Gaston de Foix

32 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

So the Death Star works.  As if the rebel fleet wasn't screwed enough already.  But why is it weirdly unfinished and open to space?  

This is adequately explained by the eloquent Admiral Ackbar.

"ITS A TRAP!"

30 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Darth Vader reacts to the knowledge he has a daughter by immediately planning to recruit her.  Dad of the Year he is not.   

5 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

That was quite a journey.  Thanks for joining me.  I promise to follow good advice this time, so tell me,  shall I continue with the sequels?

Yes

45 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

The robes worn by Kenobi in the first film are just his desert hermit outfit. They were then retconned into being Jedi robes in the prequels. Why would he hide in exile while wearing Jedi uniform?

Maybe for the same reason he barely changed his name, didn't change Luke's name, and hid him with his family who Anakin was aware of? The dude might just suck at hiding. 

1 hour ago, Gaston de Foix said:

That was quite a journey.  Thanks for joining me.  I promise to follow good advice this time, so tell me,  shall I continue with the sequels?

Yes, you should. Did you watch R1? Sorry, I think you mentioned but I've forgotten.

The Ewoks know how to party.  The Holy Trilogy, to borrow from @Jace, Basilissa , seems to be coming to an end.  And we have a hologram of a young Anakin, Yoda and Obi Wan celebrating too.  

They are Force Ghosts not holograms.

Hayden Christensen was added in the erm..."remastering" of the OT...

I am curious how someone who just watched SW for the first time by essentially binging the movies will react to the Sequel Trilogy. So, yes watch them, especially if you've been using Disney+. Might as well. FYI, while I liked The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker has ruined the trilogy for me to the point that I'm mostly focusing only on canon stuff up to the where the ST starts.

But I urge you to watch the shows: Clone Wars (with the movie included), Rebels, and The Mandalorian. 

No. Anyone saying yes is just curious about how you'll react (I am too btw, but not so much that I would advise you to watch them).

I'll tell you how it'll go.
You'll watch episode 7 and be like "ok, this is not too original but kinda cool, I'm curious to see where they go with this" then in front of episode 8 you'll go "right, there were a few what-the-fuck moments, but they can make something out of it, there are still some badass moments that are visually amazing."
Then you'll watch episode 9 and think "well, at least the visuals are nice."

Archived