Re-reads competition

Sigella

When looking at a thread about re-reading the series I realised that I've seriously lost count on how many re-reads I've done. 

But what I know is: first I read the series in breakneck speed to find out what happens, when I was through I went straight back and did one more reflecting re-read.

After that started listening to the audiobooks pretty much all the time and according to iTunes I've gone through it nine more times.

Could be more, I rather suspect I must have done more than just one re-read from the books, they worn as hell. Anyway my dead-certain number of re-reads is 11. Bring on the competition!

47 minutes ago, Sigella said:

When looking at a thread about re-reading the series I realised that I've seriously lost count on how many re-reads I've done. 

But what I know is: first I read the series in breakneck speed to find out what happens, when I was through I went straight back and did one more reflecting re-read.

After that started listening to the audiobooks pretty much all the time and according to iTunes I've gone through it nine more times.

Could be more, I rather suspect I must have done more than just one re-read from the books, they worn as hell. Anyway my dead-certain number of re-reads is 11. Bring on the competition!

11 seems high, but who the hell knows.

Whats alarming is I lost count of when I lost count.

Audio I know I've only done once, full re read, id say like, idk im sure more then 5.

But just adwd or just asos, jesus. I dont think such a number exists

47 minutes ago, Sigella said:

they worn as hell. 

Lol. I can compete. My asos for a while was in 3 main pieces (a few pages scattered here and there, but mainly in 3). For a while I used the thinnest piece as a bookmark for acok which also deteriorated before my eyes, but not as bad or as fast as asos did. A Feast and Game took years later to dissolve which makes me think the rereads of them are low, actually I dont think my agot was ever destroyed (5 seems awfully low though)

Dance I got in pdf so theres no "paper trail" (lol) to help figure out the number of reads

While I have also lost count of actual rereads do partials count?  I recently read somewhere here that a member planned to reread only Tyrion's chapters.  I've done that with Jamie, Brienne, Jon, Theon, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Areo, Victarion and Cersei numerous times.   Every now and then I just want to suffer with Dany in the Red Waste or hang with Quentyn for the nonce.   I find the dialogues between Asha and Ally Mormont just fascinating.   There is no telling how many times I have read TWOIAF or B&F with focus on a particular area which is pretty much everywhere that isn't Essos.  Do the Dunk & Egg novellas count and if so at what number of rereads does that become competitive?  How about the Winds of Winter gift chapters?  Truth is I bet I've read 60% of your own posts, @SigellaI know you read and study and research and half of what you do just by posting entails rereading.   Which reminds me, how many competition points are awarded for visits to the search of Ice and Fire?  The Wiki?  Old Topics on Westeros.org?  How about The Princess and The Queen, my personal favorite short story?  

I like this little challenge.   However, I doubt many active members have only read the entire series once or twice.   (See @Hugorfonics nice break down above).  This is not a stupid community and by and large our comrades are pretty well read in this little fantasy series of ours.   Can I tag along to your challenge and wager most of our colleagues can't actually recall how many times they've gone to the font of knowledge in the books?

I have read more electronically than any of the books on the shelf and dig listening to all of it on audio.  But the books are beautiful and in pretty good if not pristine condition, with autographs.  

there are chapters I've read dozens of times, and some other no more than 2 or 3 times, I think. Got issues with aGoT especially, maybe because of horrible translation, or maybe I find ned's and early sansa's chapters too painful to read. no good anyway, I have to make up for it.

I started reading the series in summer 2017. I usually run out of new things to read every few months, and that’s when I reread the series. When I do my rereads, I don’t do it with any specific objective in mind, and I always read the entire book rather than just focusing on one or two POVs. I think I’ve read the series about 5 times. I’ve read Knight of the Seven Kingdoms twice, and the World book 3 or 4 times. Fire and Blood I read once. I usually use the wiki just to refresh myself on things that get posted about here, mostly stuff from historical Westeros, which I don’t know as much about as the main series.

17 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

I've done 7 re-reads in the past 3 years because I deluded myself into thinking that TWoW was about to drop any second now. I've also been taking a lot of notes and I remember whole passages from the chapters. I haven't decided if that makes me awesome or sad.

I felt exactly the same! Lets go with awesome.

Archived