Are there castles, forts, towns, and/or villages in the Stepstones?

Mouse Of No House

I imagine that there is some form of civilization there, but after all the wars fought over them and the multiple times they've been conquered I would think that something major and lasting would be built. For instance after Daemon takes over and declares himself king, wouldn't he immediately start creating infrastructure and erecting forts, maybe even have people from Westeros move to the steps?

Yes, maybe. I guess that there are at least two or three small forts there in total. Most likely people don't have the resources or the will to build many new forts or buildings, however, since the Stepstones are always being raided and it's a waste of time and energy to make large structures in such an unstable environment. But I think that the Stepstones are kind of like the Canary Islands during the 1500s or 1600s, and it feels like there could be some small forts there, either built by pirates or built by some honest land owners hundreds of years ago, having been conquered back and forth over the years and constantly shifting owners for every new decade.

Archived