Aegor Rivers and Calla Blackfyre

In The World of Ice and Fire, it's mentioned that Daemon agreed to wed his eldest daughter Calla to Aegor.

Did they actually get married? Agreed to wed is not the same as actually marrying someone. Ned agreed to wed Sansa to Joffrey but obviously that never happened. 

I think that GRRM said that they were married but didn't have children. If so does anyone have a link to that, whether it's a video or article?

We don't know whether they ever married, but it might have happened. That it didn't happen prior to the Blackfyre Rebellion makes sense since Daemon's eldest children, presumably, were the twins Aegon and Aemon who died at the age of twelve in 196 AC. Calla could only have been eleven at the time, and may have been younger - and younger still when the war started.

But in exile they could have married. It would surprise me if they did not marry, to be sure.

George went on record saying that he didn't believe Bittersteel had any children when he was asked about that at a con.

I honestly find that a bad idea but perhaps he goes on and tweaks the Blackfyre tree a little bit. Varys/Illyrio could be descendants of Bittersteel and Calla, and Bittersteel could have had sons who died in the Third or Fourth Rebellion - or during the many campaigns of the Golden Company in Essos.

GRRM didn't said that Calla and Bittersteel were married. He only said that Bittersteel had no children. Which doesn't mean that Calla also didn't had children. Could be that while in Essos, she married with one of her brothers, instead of getting married with her uncle. The thing is is that GRRM doesn't reveal any additional information about Blackfyres, not to give any spoilers about fAegon and Golden Company. He didn't released any new stories about Dunk&Egg since 2010, not to give spoilers about Blackfyres.

Archived