Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
James Steller

Your 3 Least Favourite (Popular) Fan Theories

Recommended Posts

We’ve heard pretty much every possible outcome on sites like this, but let’s limit ourselves to the top 40 or so, but even that’s open to interpretation. Either way, your least three favourite Theories about this series. The ones you really hope are not true.

In no order:

1. Varys is anything that’s not human.


2. Tyrion is the illegitimate son of King Aerys II Targaryen.

 

3. Stannis will become the new Night’s King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Ashara Dayne is the mother of Meera and Jojen Reed

2. Cleganebowl (I will only believe in it as being legitimate when I see it written down on the page of the books)

3. Mance Rayder is Rhaegar Targaryen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1. Roose Bolton is a vampire

2. Theon is secretly the Hooded Man. I don't want any of that Fight Club cockalorum.

3. Howland Reed is the High Sparrow

Edited by Floki of the Ironborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cool, several of my personal least favourite ever have already been mentioned, namely, Mance is Rhaegar (but this one for me can be expanded into “X” is really “Y”); Theon Durden; Vampire Roose; Tyrion is the son of Aerys and Joanna Lannister; Cleganebowl. 

So now I’ll pick three:

- Dany isn’t the daughter of Aerys and Rhaella

- Jojen paste 

- Robert Strong is Gregor Clegane’s body + the head of either Robb Stark or Robert Baratheon.

There are many, many more. I’m sure the second I hit “submit” I’ll think of at least three more immediately. And then there’s the outrageously hilarious ones as well. :smoking:

Edited by kissdbyfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dany is not Aerys & Rhaella's daughter (she's Rhaegar's daughter with Lyanna. She's Rhaella's daughter with Rhaegar (Seven save us!). She's Ashara's daughter with I don't remember who).

It really wasn't the wine that was poisoned. It was the pie. (why are we trying to complicate things)

Quentyn is still alive. The person who died was the Tattered Prince. 

Qhorin Halfhand was really Arthur Dayne. Gerold Hightower is really Tormund. Mance is really Rhaegar. I'm sure Oswell Whent is supposed to be someone else too. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Cool, several of my personal least favourite ever have already been mentioned, namely, Mance is Rhaegar (but this one for me can be expanded into “X” is really “Y”); Theon Durden; Vampire Roose; Tyrion is the son of Aerys and Joanna Lannister; Cleganebowl. 

So now I’ll pick three:

- Dany isn’t the daughter of Aerys and Rhaella

- Jojen paste 

- Robert Strong is Gregor Clegane’s body + the head of either Robb Stark or Robert Baratheon.

There are many, many more. I’m sure the second I hit “submit” I’ll think of at least three more immediately. And then there’s the outrageously hilarious ones as well. :smoking:

All in on these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. R + L = J.  And not just because I don't like Jon.  I much prefer Mance + Lyanna = Jon.
  2. Daenerys will die from childbirth.
  3. Sansa will outwit Littlefinger.

So there you have it.  Three fan theories that I do not buy into.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Prince Rhaego's Soul said:
  1. R + L = J.  And not just because I don't like Jon.  I much prefer Mance + Lyanna = Jon.
  2. Daenerys will die from childbirth.
  3. Sansa will outwit Littlefinger.

So there you have it.  Three fan theories that I do not buy into.  

Damn, I didn’t know about the “Dany dies in childbirth” theory. That would be kind of ironic and an interesting twist. It’s a better ending that being stabbed to death by the man she loves after becoming a psychotic and irrational version of herself.

Edited by James Steller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Any theory involving time travel. I don't mind being able to see the past through the Weirwoods, or prophetic visions, but don't destroy a story with actually being able to jump into the past or future. It reminds me of Superman changing time by flying around the Earth really, really fast. Sloppy, bad writing that Martin would never do. And this:
  2. 3 hours ago, James Steller said:

    It’s a better ending that being stabbed to death by the man she loves after becoming a psychotic and irrational version of herself.

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

I don't want Bran to have the ability to manipulate the past.  Let him be a passive observer.  Nothing more than that. 

Ooh that’s another one I hate. Especially the part which implies that Aerys II only went mad because Bran drove him insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Euron is going to summon or become some lovecrafting eldrich magical bs

2. Stannis is going to burn his daughter

3. Tyrion is secretly a Targ (it actually would make some sense with Cersei and Jaime, but not with Tyrion. One of the most important and ironic is that Tyrion IS Tywin's son both literally and in terms of best inheriting him, so it would defeat that sweet sweet irony if he weren't Tywin's son)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Roose Bolton is an Other

2. X is the YMB (IMO it is Cersei herself)

3. Jonsa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Howland Reed is the High Sparrow

2. Stannis will be a Night's King

3. Euron will be killed by Sam in Oldtown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SFDanny said:

Any theory involving time travel. I don't mind being able to see the past through the Weirwoods, or prophetic visions, but don't destroy a story with actually being able to jump into the past or future. It reminds me of Superman changing time by flying around the Earth really, really fast. Sloppy, bad writing that Martin would never do. And this:

I knew I was going to forget some major least fave theories, and this, well... this x 1,000 for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. The Three-Eyed Crow is Bloodraven (which is bullshit, because the 3EC is Shiera Seastar).

2. To forge a new Lightbringer Jon will have to kill Dany as a sacrificial Nissa Nissa (there is no need for any additional sacrifices. No need to forge a new Lightbringer, because the original Lightbringer is still around. It's Dawn sword of Daynes).

3. Someone who is not the blood of the dragon will become a dragonrider. Tyrion, or Euron, or Victarion, etc. GRRM gave hints in AGOT about identity of all three dragonriders - Dany/Drogon, Rhaego/Rhaegal, Jon/Viserion. All three are dragonseeds, all three are carriers of Targaryen genes, thus only they and no one else will ride those dragons. And Tyrion is definitely not a secret Targaryen, so he won't become a dragonrider. Also, if it was possible to lead astray someone else bonded dragon, then other people would have done it in those centuries after Valyrians tamed dragons, but that never happened, thus it's not possible, dragonhorns won't help anyone to tame a dragon. You have to be a Targaryen by blood to ride a Targaryen dragon. Thus, who is going to become the other two dragonriders, besides Dany, is obvious - it's the other two people in the series, who, same as Dany, are carriers of Targaryen genes - her nephew Jon and her son Rhaego (who is alive, and was kidnapped by Dothraki. He will reappear in the plot, in Dany's first or second chapter of TWOW).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...