How will Jon's appearance change after he is ressurected?

King Adrian Storm

31 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

I think the answers to what will happen with Jon and the how of it are contained in the Dany chapters of AGoT. Mirri Maz Duur studied in Asshai, the same place Melisandre was. And Mel has more going on for her. She has the magic of the Wall that has been like a battery for her own magic. Her powers have been growing since she's been there. 

Only death can pay for life. A great gift requires a great sacrifice. There are two types of magic present at the Wall, and Bran is beyond it with BR. You can bet that we will have at least one Bran POV at the Wall.

There's no doubt Jon will come back from this experience changed. 

That's an interesting idea.

I don't think what MMR learned is really what Mel knows as MMR also trained under Marwin. (However, Marwyn's physical description is Florent-y and she was the one who was big on Mel). I think what MMR did was a combination of CotF magic and fire magic (song of ice and fire?), so Mel only has half of it but she's in the right place to get the rest. But it's debatable whether she'd do it since it might entail admitting her cause isn't as certain as she likes to believe. That Mel feels stronger at the Wall says she can do CotF stuff, and if she's BRs kid as some speculate...

AGOT Daenerys VIII unless otherwise stated.

• MMR adds Drago to a bath (water) and then adds blood (fire).

• Her knife is bronze and leaf-shaped, CotF-y, but instead of runes it has glyphs and those are from Valyria.

The stallion kicked and reared as Rakharo, Quaro, and Aggo pulled him close to the tub where the khal floated like one already dead, pus and blood seeping from his wound to stain the bathwaters. Mirri Maz Duur chanted words in a tongue that Dany did not know, and a knife appeared in her hand. Dany never saw where it came from. It looked old; hammered red bronze, leaf-shaped, its blade covered with ancient glyphs. The maegi drew it across the stallion's throat, under the noble head, and the horse screamed and shuddered as the blood poured out of him in a red rush. He would have collapsed, but the men of her khas held him up. "Strength of the mount, go into the rider," Mirri sang as horse blood swirled into the waters of Drogo's bath. "Strength of the beast, go into the man."

• Dany sees a wolf (associated with the CotF/North) and a man afire - ice and fire.

ADWD Bran III

"Gone down into the earth," she answered. "Into the stones, into the trees. Before the First Men came all this land that you call Westeros was home to us, yet even in those days we were few. The gods gave us long lives but not great numbers, lest we overrun the world as deer will overrun a wood where there are no wolves to hunt them. That was in the dawn of days, when our sun was rising. Now it sinks, and this is our long dwindling. The giants are almost gone as well, they who were our bane and our brothers. The great lions of the western hills have been slain, the unicorns are all but gone, the mammoths down to a few hundred. The direwolves will outlast us all, but their time will come as well. In the world that men have made, there is no room for them, or us."

• MMR's song is very important. Ice and fire sound similar to the Titans of Greek myth and the Giants of Norse myth, the gods who ruled before the gods who advocated for men overthrew them.

"I will stay," Dany said. "The man took me under the stars and gave life to the child inside me. I will not leave him."

"You must. Once I begin to sing, no one must enter this tent. My song will wake powers old and dark. The dead will dance here this night. No living man must look on them."

1 hour ago, Lollygag said:

I don't think what MMR learned is really what Mel knows as MMR also trained under Marwin. (However, Marwyn's physical description is Florent-y and she was the one who was big on Mel). I think what MMR did was a combination of CotF magic and fire magic (song of ice and fire?), so Mel only has half of it but she's in the right place to get the rest. But it's debatable whether she'd do it since it might entail admitting her cause isn't as certain as she likes to believe. That Mel feels stronger at the Wall says she can do CotF stuff, and if she's BRs kid as some speculate...

This is what I'm preferring to specifically;

Her words were a knife through Dany's breast. What had she ever done to make the gods so cruel? She had finally found a safe place, had finally tasted love and hope. She was finally going home. And now to lose it all . . . "No," she pleaded. "Save him, I will free you, I swear it. You must know a way . . . some magic, some . . ."
Mirri Maz Duur sat back on her heels and studied Daenerys through eyes as black as night. "There is a spell." Her voioce was quiet, scarcely more than a whisper. "But it is hard, lady, and dark. Some would say that death is cleaner. I learned the way in Asshai, and paid dear for the lesson. My teacher was a bloodmage from the Shadow Lands." (Dany VIII, AGoT 64)

Dany sees a great wolf and a man wreathed in flames when she goes in labor. This wasn't just dumped there for the fun of it. To me that always had the feel of a vision. 

I would also point to Bran spending 3 days inside Summer while hiding out in the crypts. Granted, he had not been stabbed 3 or 4 times, but Meera was taking care of him while he was warged.

6 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

I think the answers to what will happen with Jon and the how of it are contained in the Dany chapters of AGoT. Mirri Maz Duur studied in Asshai, the same place Melisandre was. And Mel has more going on for her. She has the magic of the Wall that has been like a battery for her own magic. Her powers have been growing since she's been there. 

Only death can pay for life. A great gift requires a great sacrifice. There are two types of magic present at the Wall, and Bran is beyond it with BR. You can bet that we will have at least one Bran POV at the Wall.

There's no doubt Jon will come back from this experience changed. 

Actually, Daenerys had a lot more going for her when she "woke dragons from stone."  First of all, she is Azor Ahai.  The prophecies foretold this would happen.  The Red Comet was near.  Drogo had king's blood.  The recent deaths of Prince Rhaego and King Viserys III.  The stallion. Petrified eggs to serve as the vessels for the dragons.  And the execution of a witch.  

Mel would need king's blood (Craster's son),  Craster has this blood because he is a Stark.  A royal blood in Shireen.  She still needs an empty vessel.  

I think it would be cheap if Jon were to come back to life.  On other hand, I would not mind if he were to come back as a direwolf with no going back to human.  

I think he shouldn't have been killed in the first place, if he was just going to come back.

Its unnecessary for one -

GRRM already proved what he wanted to prove to a dead author, with Stoneheart and Beric.

Jon used to be a favorite POV of mine, but now I've lost interest in reading about him. Mostly because, I think he'll come back quite dumb and stupid. By "weaker" I think GRRM means "passive" and "less perceptive." If he continues to have hubris and talks down to people like Gilly it will be an annoying mix of traits, just so GRRM can write a Tolkien "fix it fic." 

And if Jon dies and is not resurrected (his soul moves to wolf's body or whatever) - what do you people think would happen at the Wall? It would be VERY interesting. But I do not think we will see it, lord snow will rise and tidy things up like it's something from Harry Harrisson :)

16 hours ago, broken one said:

And if Jon dies and is not resurrected (his soul moves to wolf's body or whatever) - what do you people think would happen at the Wall? It would be VERY interesting. But I do not think we will see it, lord snow will rise and tidy things up like it's something from Harry Harrisson :)

Jon is the last thing that wall needs.  Tidy things up?  He was the one who created the mess.  Jon took command of an order which has stood for thousands of years and ruined it quickly.  It's as if he took a giant wrecking ball and bashed the wall. 

On 6/14/2020 at 11:43 AM, King Adrian Storm said:

From what we've seen from previously ressurected people, their appearance tends to change a lot once they come back. I've seen a youtube video talking about this a long time ago. Lady Stonehearts hair had turned white when she came back. Her and Beric both had eyes described as fiery. Of course his knife wounds will remain, but his clothes would cover that up. I think a Jon with long white hair and fiery eyes would be badass, and it would make him look more like a Targaryen. (I know they have silver hair, but it's close enough). Maybe this will sway more people to believe he's r+l=j. I also believe drastically changing his appearance would be a good way of showing how strong of a toll this experience has had on him. He'll look like an entriely different person. And if you haven't noticed White hair and fiery red eyes, would make him look like Ghost, which is very interesting. It would add to the whole Jon and Ghost spirit's merging idea. What do you think?

Jon Snow with silver hair is not going to look like a Targaryen.  He will not look natural.  His long face will identify him for a Stark.  Those holes are not going to fill themselves. 

He is a warg and a skin changer.  He will look like the nearest thing he can skin change.  Ghost.  So he comes back as the white direwolf.  If he gets unlucky and the direwolf refuses to relinquish his own will, then Jon will have to make do with a raven or one of the horses in the stables.  So in order of what I think he will look like:  1.  Ghost, 2. Raven, 3. horse. 4. Wun Wun.  I believe distance may limit his range.

Archived