Where are the Water Dancers?

Walda

There is Arya, and Syrio, sure. 

It is a "Flamboyant Braavosi style" (AGoT Ch.30 Eddard VII) and Arya is intensely interested in it. She has also been working her way around Braavos pretty thoroughly in AFfC. So where are the other dancers?

Is it possible she knows where the hombu dojo is, but hasn't checked it out because 'Cat' or 'the blind girl' or 'the ugly girl' wouldn't? 

We have seen a couple of two-bit bravos, possibly not even water-dancers, and that is it. Isn't it?

Unless you count Illyrio's preternatural light-footedness (do you think Illyrio via Varys helped Eddard source his daughter's dancing master?)

Water dancing sounds a lot like what the FM do: they pour themselves into a new vessel and take the shape of that vessel both in body and mind so I see it as FM 101 or one type of it anyhow.

Ned really disliked Varys but continued to rely on LF despite knowing better, so I think it more likely that Syrio was sourced by LF who also has Braavosi roots.

If Illyrio is Gerion, his light-footedness can be explained by Gerion knowing gymnastics as he was the one who taught Tyrion his moves. Illyrio also follows R'hllor and wears rings that are stuck on his fingers, one of them a ruby, so he might not be exactly as he appears.

6 hours ago, Lollygag said:

If Illyrio is Gerion, his light-footedness can be explained by Gerion knowing gymnastics as he was the one who taught Tyrion his moves. Illyrio also follows R'hllor and wears rings that are stuck on his fingers, one of them a ruby, so he might not be exactly as he appears.

Where did that come from?

Is there any theory supporting this? I was unable to find information.

6 hours ago, ApostolinO said:

Where did that come from?

Is there any theory supporting this? I was unable to find information.

I never made up a single thread. The one I started became too unruly and I gave up. There's lots of Lannister imagery around Illyrio which lines up with Gerion. Much of it is laid out somewhere in these two threads with the help of other posters:

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/148905-is-craster-a-casterly-now-with-plot-relevance/

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/151843-the-illyrioaegon-thing/

This is just a character study of Gerion and when everything that we've been told about him is put together we realize that it's more than we think. I don't go into Illyrio here because I thought Gerion was worth a look in his own right, but if you read between the lines and compare him with Illyrio, it explains a lot. There are definitely questions as to exactly how Gerion would become Illyrio, but I've yet to find one single inconsistency between the two.

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/156363-a-character-study-of-gerion-lannister-or-random-discussions-of-swords-any-swords/

Coming around back to the topic. I believe it's been pointed out the Sailor's wife isn't the right age to be Tysha so that leaves Gerion placed in Braavos. We know Gerion was an experienced sailor, often liking to spend time in Essos.

Archived