Character dynamics you would like to see?

King Adrian Storm

What characters are you dying to see meet each other in the next books. Not necessarily a reunion, but characters that have never met.

• Stannis and Daenerys- These two characters are very similar. Both feel entitled to be King/Queen by birthright. Neither of them would bow to another claimant, and both have a pretty ruthless sense of justice. (They like to burn things).
  • Tyrion and Dany- Daenerys doesn't fully understand the world of Westeros yet. She thinks everyone is dying for her return, I can't wait to see how Tyrion reacts to this. Since Westeros pretty much hates him, and he's going through a tough time, he'll probably try to "put her in her place" a few times, seeing their visions of Westeros clash.
  • Euron and Cersei- Both of them are mad, but in very different ways. Both of them want the throne, and would blow up the entire country to get what they want. I'd love to see Euron "handle" Cersei. If they ever get married, it would be very scary.
  • Jaime and Lady Stoneheart- This is going to be exciting. I can't imagine his reaction to seeing her, if he'll be terrified, or if he'll make jokes about her appearance. It's going to be intense. Will Jaime outright apologize for everything, and do what she wants. I imagine Lady Stoneheart is going to hate him more than she did when she was Catelyn.
  • Jon and Dany- I've been waiting for them to meet since the beginning. Both of them are similar in a lot of ways, but I feel like there would be a friction between them. Both of them would probably want the same thing, but go about it in different ways. With Jon coming back more wolfish, i imagine she would like that side of his character given she likes "strong ruthless men" for some reason.
  • Arya and Lady Stoneheart- We haven't seen them interact before, which is weird, because Catelyn has interacted with every other Stark child. I think they will meet each other in the next book, and for One of Cat's kids to see a zombie version of herself would be great.
  • Sansa and Cersei- I think everyone would love to see this reunion. Sansa with her knew confidence and power in the Vale against Cersei, who really isn't as smart and intimidating as she perceived her to be.
  • Ramsay and Jon- These two characters mirror each other. Both bastards of northern lords. One is a good person and the other is straight up evil. I feel like this was does intentionally, and there is a good chance they will face off at some point.
  • Reek and the Starks- Since Theon has taken a 180, I would love to see the Starks meet him. Would they resent him or feel bad for him.
  • Lady Stoneheart and Jon- I don't think this will happen, but it would be intriguing . Does Lady Stoneheart hate Jon? I think if they ever met, she would be more sympathetic towards him. She could even help make him King in the North since she knows about the letter. Also, if she was the one to resurrect him by giving the kiss of life, it would be very ironic and a perfect end to her character.

• Bran vs. Jaime.  I really, truly want to see an all-out fight to the death between these two.  Bran has to face him and exposed to the same dangers as any other adversary.  It would be great if they destroy each other.
  • Catelyn vs. Cersei.  The matrons renew the war between the two families.
  • Daenerys vs. Jon.  Jon has to realize that she is the best ruler for Westeros.  It is time for Jon to bend the knee and do his job at the Wall. 
  • Littlefinger vs. Tyrion.  An epic little men's duel to the death. 
  • Mance vs. Roose
  • Myranda vs. Sansa.  Let them play for Harry, the winner gets to marry an abusive man, the loser becomes a septa.
  • Ramsay's Girls vs. Nymeria's Pack.  Make the numbers even in the interest of fairness. 
  • Ramsay vs. Arya.  Ramsay pursues Arya through the Bolton forests.  Both on foot. 
  • Barristan and Ashara meet again, if she is still alive.  He talks her into supporting the Targaryen cause.
  • Aegon vs. Stannis, to punish one of the heads of the rebellion.
  • Bowen and Mellisandre come to agreeable terms.  They get Tormund on board to help defend the wall. 
  • Brynden Rivers meeting Quaithe would be magnificent.
  • Samwell and Euron talk ancient history over a bottle of extra dark ale. 
  • Daenerys and Gillie talk about Aemon and the free folk.

6 hours ago, King Adrian Storm said:

Arya and Lady Stoneheart- We haven't seen them interact before, which is weird, because Catelyn has interacted with every other Stark child. I think they will meet each other in the next book, and for One of Cat's kids to see a zombie version of herself would be great.

Good one! You're right, I don't recall any scenes between Lady Catelyn and Arya. From her internal dialog, Catelyn has never approved of Arya, seems to dislike everything about her, and still claims to "love" her. Arya, on the other hand, has always wanted affection and acceptance from her beloved mother and has never gotten it. She risked certain death, trying to get into the Twins to save Catelyn, but was stopped by the Hound's war hammer. It could be enlightening to see Cat's revenant, Lady Stoneheart, interact with Arya. My suspicion is that the Lady Wight would blame Arya for not saving Sansa, much as she's blamed Brienne. It won't be pretty.

To make a long story short, I like all your potential pairings, your grace.

Jon Snow/Meera Reed - Jon likes women who are reminiscent of Arya, which Meera is, plus she is protecting his brother.

Samwell Tarly/Randyll Tarly - I want to see Lord Tar;y's reaction to his son becoming a man of the Night's Watch, instead of a corpse like he expected.

Arya/Brienne - Wannabe warrior woman meets real live warrior woman.

Arya Stark/Tyrek Lannister - I imagine them getting together in Braavos with neither realizing who the other really is.

Arya/Littlefinger - "My name is Arya Stark.  You  killed my father; you betrayed my mother; you framed and kidnapped my sister; and you tortured my sister's best friend.  Prepare to die!"  OK, maybe not.  I think Littlefinger is Sansa's responsibility to deal with, but I'm sure Arya would be glad to help.

Tyrion/Tysha - Tyrion wants to know what happened to her, and so do I.  Hopefully not the Sailor's Wife.

Arya/Ramsay - "As Lady of the Dreadfort, I find you guilty of murder, torture, rape and the torture and rape of children.  For these crimes I sentence you to death."  She then pulls out needle.  "You going to chop my head off with that little thing?"  "No, I'm going to stick the pointy end through your black, demonic heart."

Arya/Jeyne Poole - Arya meets her doppelganger, who she never really liked.  Wonder how she'll respond.

1. Sansa meets the rocks below the Moon Door at 100 feet per second. 
  2. Arya, Rickon, and Robert Strong.  Robert Strong is the spectre hanging over like a giant boulder about to fall on the Stark clan from the very beginning. 
  3. Daenerys and Marwyn will have a lot to talk about.  The mastiff will reveal the evil machinations of the maesters over the past 300 years. 

12 hours ago, Nevets said:

Arya/Brienne - Wannabe warrior woman meets real live warrior woman.

Even better, Arya meets one or more of the Mormont women. It's long bothered me that neither Eddard nor Catelyn thought to temper their hopes for Arya's future with the example of the Mormont warrior women of Bear Island ... or to consider fostering her there. Arya was just considered to be another pedigreed brood sow, useful for trade and diplomacy, nothing more ... like Sansa, although of course much less "pretty."

Okay, now for a few of my own, instead of just carping at the suggestions of better men:

• Sandor Clegane and Arya: having these two touch base again, after the massive changes in their lives and philosophies. Potentially as good as Arya and Dead Lady Catelyn.
  • Sansa and Jeyne Poole: How does Jeyne feel about being revealed and given to whoremonger Baelish because Sansa was annoyed by her (more than justifiable) crying? Then to Ramsey Snow, the Sadist of the Dreadfort? Sansa hasn't thought about Jeyne much, nor with a whole lot of guilt. Does she feel any, even in retrospect?
  • Howland Reed and ... anybody: Lord Reed is the mystery man! The only surviving witness to Eddard Stark's fight with half the Legendary King's Guard of Aerys II and rescue of his sister Lyanna. The man who visited the Isle of Faces. The dude who told his children that Bran and Rickon needed them and sent them North. Presumeably also, the leader of the terrifying "bog devils" who have been harassing the Ironborne.
  • Victarion and Daenerys: Ol' Vic with his magic fire hand has been sent to capture dragons and bring back Daenerys Targaryen for his older brother Euron. But he wants Dany, at least, for himself. Dany seems to be once again between husbands - that is, if and when she makes it back to Meereen. Victarion can't actually sail the Dothraki Sea to find her at Vaes Dothrak, which he's learned to his murderous annoyance.
  • Rickon, Osha, and Davos Seaworth: Rickon will be what? Six? Seven? He may be a direwolf rider, a Princess Mononoke figure. Osha will be tethering him to the world of humans and training him how to live off the land in the Far North. Who will Davos be for? His king, Stannis? Lord Manderly? Or his higher morals?

On 6/18/2020 at 8:11 PM, zandru said:

Sansa and Jeyne Poole: How does Jeyne feel about being revealed and given to whoremonger Baelish because Sansa was annoyed by her (more than justifiable) crying? Then to Ramsey Snow, the Sadist of the Dreadfort? Sansa hasn't thought about Jeyne much, nor with a whole lot of guilt. Does she feel any, even in retrospect?

"She missed Septa Mordane, and even more Jeyne Poole, her truest friend. The septa had lost her head with the rest, for the crime of serving House Stark. Sansa did not know what had happened to Jeyne, who had disappeared from her rooms afterward, never to be mentioned again. She tried not to think of them too often, yet sometimes the memories came unbidden, and then it was hard to hold back the tears."

Robert Strong and Arya Stark would be epic.  A fatal conflict between the Mountain against Arya and Nymeria. 

Bowen Marsh, Theon, and Jon Snow on his death bed.  At least Bowen can explain to Jon why he had to do it, Theon tells it's not Arya, and Jon can die in relative peace. 

Daenerys Targaryen, Marwyn, Quaithe, and a resurrected Maester Aemon. 

Varys/Connington: (this wench thinking he’s gonna make the spider pay is so funny. Varys will slit his throat as soon as he finds out about the grey scale

Thoros/Jaime: I see a lot of people putting Jaime LS. She cant speak and when Brienne meets the BHWB it’s Thoros who speaks up (even implying he doesnt like the direction of the stone heart). I think Thoros will be the one to help Jaime get out of her clutches

Tyrion/Dany & hopefully barristan: It would be nice to see Ser Barristan Bold survive the upcoming battle and help keep peace with Tyrion helping. He will likely die winning this battle. So Tyrion schooling that dumb wench Dany should be pretty good.

Leyton Hightower/Euron: I would imagine the most mysterious lord of the 7 kingdoms and at this point probably the wealthiest and most battle ready (no casualties during the war of the 5 kings...) he will finally come out of his Hightower to defend his city while Euron sacks it. 

9 hours ago, Annalee said:

Robert Strong and Arya Stark would be epic.  A fatal conflict between the Mountain against Arya and Nymeria. 

Bowen Marsh, Theon, and Jon Snow on his death bed.  At least Bowen can explain to Jon why he had to do it, Theon tells it's not Arya, and Jon can die in relative peace. 

Daenerys Targaryen, Marwyn, Quaithe, and a resurrected Maester Aemon. 

Bowen doesn't owe Jon an explanation.  Jon knew the risks and the damages he was causing.  Jon is mentally sloooow but even he would know that.  

1. Daenerys should meet Bu Gai.  I would be interested to meet the emperor.  
  2. Marwyn and Quaithe can share their knowledge of prophecy.
  3. Aegon captures Jaime.  

Archived