Star Wars: The Saga Continues

Gaston de Foix

Mando and Clone Wars are both very good. I finished Clone Wars the other day and really loved it. Both have significantly better writing than most of the movies.

1 hour ago, Soylent Brown said:

Now you've seen the main films, I'd say the order of the rest of the stuff isn't as important, though you should watch the Star Wars Holiday Special ASAP.

My recommendation would be to watch The Mandalorian next, as I enjoyed that more than the other shows.

Thanks.  I've heard that before.  Not on Disney+ unless it also has another name?

1 hour ago, Denvek said:

The order should be Clone Wars, then Rebels, then The Mandalorian. There are elements in each that feed into the next

That's 7 and 4 seasons each! I thought they were standalones or single seasons.  I'm tempted to watch the Mandalorian first for reasons of time.  Also, I've never watched the Princess Bride...

Its funny you say that though, I was actually just thinking about you last night as I finished reading the last thread wondering if there's any other series you haven't seen that we could follow along with...

Indiana Jones?

James Bond?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Its funny you say that though, I was actually just thinking about you last night as I finished reading the last thread wondering if there's any other series you haven't seen that we could follow along with...

Indiana Jones?

James Bond?

I haven't seen any of the IJ movies.  Have seen a few of the Bond movies (the more recent ones).  I'd be happy to do either from the beginning if there's interest from others.  Do you have a preference?

I've also never seen Star Trek apart from a few episodes here and there.  :uhoh:

2 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

I haven't seen any of the IJ movies.  Have seen a few of the Bond movies (the more recent ones).  I'd be happy to do either from the beginning if there's interest from others.  Do you have a preference?

I've also never seen Star Trek apart from a few episodes here and there.  :uhoh:

I think Indiana Jones would be fun.  They don’t carryover as much as Star Wars, but they are certainly classics.

50 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Well there are only three Indiana Jones films, so that won't be too much of a time sink - just watch them in order- Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, and Last Crusade.

Don't pay any attention to what the internet may say, there are only three films.

I've also heard people say there's only one, or two. It's really not a great franchise, he's just a great character. 

I don't care for Temple of Doom. I've met people who hate Last Crusade though I've never really understood why. 

2 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Nah, there are definitely three films, but it really is only three. Three.

So how does this work if the fifth one comes out and is somehow good? Apparently Spielberg is no longer directing, James Mangold is. 

Assuming Indy 5 does eventually come out and is terrible expect a sudden re-assessment of Crystal Skull as "really not that bad."

There are three movies and two seasons of a pretty decent, sometimes quite charming, television show.

The rumors of a fourth film are up there with the rumors of a second Highlander film.

Also, @Gaston de Foix, when did you arrive on Earth? Or are you some unicorn? Either way, pop culture seems to have passed you by.

@Gaston de Foix You know my opinion, watch them all. As to the order:

If you're watching The Clone Wars, here is the proper order. https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder 

This is because when the show aired they released episodes as they finished them, but the show is organized in arcs of 3-4 episodes, mostly. Even the Clone Wars movie is connected to a few episodes.

The Rebels should follow Clone Wars, though that show is linear, so no special watch order there.

You can start with The Mandalorian first if you wish. It takes place after Return of the Jedi, but way before the sequel trilogy. Only in a few scenes, particularly the season finale there will be elements drawn from Clone Wars/Rebels so you may be confused. 

9 minutes ago, Ran said:

There are three movies and two seasons of a pretty decent, sometimes quite charming, television show.

The rumors of a fourth film are up there with the rumors of a second Highlander film.

Also, @Gaston de Foix, when did you arrive on Earth? Or are you some unicorn? Either way, pop culture seems to have passed you by.

I forgot about the show. 

You guys are weird just pretending Crystal Skull doesn't exist. Shouldn't we "never forget" as opposed to falling into denialism? 

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

You guys are weird just pretending Crystal Skull doesn't exist.

I don't know what crystal skulls have to do with anything.

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Shouldn't we "never forget" as opposed to falling into denialism? 

No, but I've already forgotten what I'm objecting to.

Archived