Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheLastWolf

Taena : A Myrish mystery

Recommended Posts

On 6/24/2020 at 4:08 AM, Hodor the Articulate said:

I thought about that, but what does he gain from creating tension between Cersei and the Tyrells?

Same as Varys, more chaos and diversion serves his plans for Sansa and HtH, just as they do for camp Aegon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taena is definitely playing Cersei. And it doesn't even seem like she has kept her husband in the dark about Cersei's plans regarding Margaery, if his reaction and nervousness to the Blue Bard singing for them the night of his arrest is any indication.

I do think they were working with/for Varys. Taena knew exactly how to ingratiate herself with Cersei and that led to Cersei naming Orton to the small council and according to Jaime, he would have been the one to suggest Bonifer Hasty as castellan of Harrenhal. I think Harrenhal will be displaying a three-headed dragon banner in no time. 

Edited by Alexis-something-Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

Becasue Maggy told her the number

And cersei tells Taena that what maggy predicted was true... How could cersei have known that it was true without confirmation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 4:08 AM, Hodor the Articulate said:

I thought about that, but what does he gain from creating tension between Cersei and the Tyrells?

A wedge for his little schemes? Chaos in which he thrives?

Also: Taena provided a crucial testimony against Tyrion, and implicating Tyrion is LF's game. He needs Sansa widowed, he needs to get rid of the single mind able to see through his financial machinations, and he has beef with Tyrion for playing him in the game to reveal Cersei's informer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sigella said:

Same as Varys, more chaos and diversion serves his plans for Sansa and HtH, just as they do for camp Aegon.

1 hour ago, Ygrain said:

A wedge for his little schemes? Chaos in which he thrives?

Also: Taena provided a crucial testimony against Tyrion, and implicating Tyrion is LF's game. He needs Sansa widowed, he needs to get rid of the single mind able to see through his financial machinations, and he has beef with Tyrion for playing him in the game to reveal Cersei's informer.

Varys wants chaos in KL to clear the way for his puppet king. I can't think of how it would serve LF.

Taena implicating Tyrion is interesting, though Varys also has a vested interest in removing all competent Lannisters from KL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Varys wants chaos in KL to clear the way for his puppet king. I can't think of how it would serve LF.

Sansa is a big part of LF's plans and the first thing that comes to mind is that Sansa is safer from Cersei's wrath if Cersei is preoccupied with the Tyrells.

If we assume LF is planning to put Sansa and Harry the heir in power (and then rule them, or taking Harrys place or whatever) his objectives will be the same as Varys' and much harder to achieve with Lannister and Tyrell having a functional alliance.

Sansa brings Riverlands and the North, Harry the Vale, so they only need like one or two more kingdoms to join and they'll have the IT in the bag. The more Cersei antagonises the Tyrells the more likely they'll be to jump into bed with LF.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sigella said:

Sansa is a big part of LF's plans and the first thing that comes to mind is that Sansa is safer from Cersei's wrath if Cersei is preoccupied with the Tyrells.

If we assume LF is planning to put Sansa and Harry the heir in power (and then rule them, or taking Harrys place or whatever) his objectives will be the same as Varys' and much harder to achieve with Lannister and Tyrell having a functional alliance.

Sansa brings Riverlands and the North, Harry the Vale, so they only need like one or two more kingdoms to join and they'll have the IT in the bag. The more Cersei antagonises the Tyrells the more likely they'll be to jump into bed with LF.

That's the problem - I don't assume that at all. We know LF is motivated (at least in part) by his bitterness towards his low social standing but we don't really know what his endgame is. Whatever he's planning, he tells Sansa he's annoyed with the rate at which Cersei is destroying herself and the realm, and that he had hoped for "four or five quiet years to plant some seeds and allow some fruits to ripen".

Putting Sansa and Harry on the IT is a nonsense plan, anyway. Neither have Targ or Baratheon blood so they'd have to take it through conquest alone. That puts a lot of weight on military action, which isn't LF's MO. Also, neither the Tyrells or Stannis are likely to support Sansa/Harry when they want the throne for themselves. Nor are the Riverlands a guarantee with their exhausted army, Frey in charge, and Roslin Frey carrying the Tully heir.

So here we have a theory (Taena being LF's) that's built on more theories and if's and maybes. Taena being Varys' agent has a lot more knowns - Varys wants to destabilize Westeros and an easy victory for his puppet king -> he uses Taena to help achieve that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sigella said:

Sansa is a big part of LF's plans and the first thing that comes to mind is that Sansa is safer from Cersei's wrath if Cersei is preoccupied with the Tyrells.

If we assume LF is planning to put Sansa and Harry the heir in power (and then rule them, or taking Harrys place or whatever) his objectives will be the same as Varys' and much harder to achieve with Lannister and Tyrell having a functional alliance.

Sansa brings Riverlands and the North, Harry the Vale, so they only need like one or two more kingdoms to join and they'll have the IT in the bag. The more Cersei antagonises the Tyrells the more likely they'll be to jump into bed with LF.

 

LF was one of Varys's disciples who betrayed him to have his own agenda. He may plan to marry Sansa and fAegon and put them on the throne. Then he'd finish fAegon off( like Jon arryn lysa plot) and be the ruler in all but name. That man doesn't lack for ambition. 

Edited by TheLastWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

LF was one of Varys's disciples who betrayed him to have his own agenda. He may plan to marry Sansa and fAegon and put them on the throne. Then he'd finish fAegon off( like Jon arryn lysa plot) and be the ruler in all but name. That man doesn't lack for ambition. 

Do you have a quote about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

That's the problem - I don't assume that at all. We know LF is motivated (at least in part) by his bitterness towards his low social standing but we don't really know what his endgame is. Whatever he's planning, he tells Sansa he's annoyed with the rate at which Cersei is destroying herself and the realm, and that he had hoped for "four or five quiet years to plant some seeds and allow some fruits to ripen".

Putting Sansa and Harry on the IT is a nonsense plan, anyway. Neither have Targ or Baratheon blood so they'd have to take it through conquest alone. That puts a lot of weight on military action, which isn't LF's MO. Also, neither the Tyrells or Stannis are likely to support Sansa/Harry when they want the throne for themselves. Nor are the Riverlands a guarantee with their exhausted army, Frey in charge, and Roslin Frey carrying the Tully heir.

So here we have a theory (Taena being LF's) that's built on more theories and if's and maybes. Taena being Varys' agent has a lot more knowns - Varys wants to destabilize Westeros and an easy victory for his puppet king -> he uses Taena to help achieve that.

Agreed we don't know LF's endgame. We do know he is playing matchmaker between Harry and Sansa though, I can't think of any other reason why he'd do that if not for power and gain. If you can present some other motive I'd much like to hear it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

LF was one of Varys's disciples who betrayed him to have his own agenda. He may plan to marry Sansa and fAegon and put them on the throne. Then he'd finish fAegon off( like Jon arryn lysa plot) and be the ruler in all but name. That man doesn't lack for ambition. 

If so I don't see why he'd try to marry Sansa off to Harry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sigella said:

Agreed we don't know LF's endgame. We do know he is playing matchmaker between Harry and Sansa though, I can't think of any other reason why he'd do that if not for power and gain. If you can present some other motive I'd much like to hear it. :)

That's pretty much all I got as well. It's just question of if that power lust extends to more noticeable control of the IT. Tbh I'm pretty skeptical about his plan for Sansa as well (or the plan he tells her, anyway) but that's a discussion for another thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, TheLastWolf said:

What about her Myrish captain with the scar?

I feel like it was all a lie. She made it up to get closer to Cersei or if not, then she's  at least is still hiding the truth, And I think she was drinking arbor wine with Cersei at the time and that's often associated with lying, granted, Cersei also lies there when she says ''Robert'' instead of ''Jaime''. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 10:47 AM, zandru said:

I think Taena Merryweather is just what she appears to be: one of Marguery's confidants who is taking advantage of Dowager Queen Cersei's self-centered credulousness and arrogance to become Cersei's confidant, and is reporting everything she learns back to Marguery and the Queen of Thornes. That she fled King's Landing just before the Sparrows came down on Cersei confirms this.

I agree. She's a social climber who was using and playing (and had a legit girl crush on) Cersei for her own benefit. That she fled kinda confirms it.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:57 PM, Lord Varys said:

Taena just makes not sense as an ambitious social climber being only in the game for herself. Such a woman would have brought her son to court to befriend Tommen, rather than leaving him behind. That is the dead giveaway that Taena isn't honest with Cersei

Her son would've become Cersei's hostage guest; she was smart to not let this happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

I agree. She's a social climber who was using and playing (and had a legit girl crush on) Cersei for her own benefit. That she fled kinda confirms it.

Her son would've become Cersei's hostage guest; she was smart to not let this happen.

That is the obvious thing anyone would think of. Surely she has an ulterior motive? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

That is the obvious thing anyone would think of. Surely she has an ulterior motive? 

Perhaps, but does she need one? I feel like seeking power for her family is sufficient. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 6:31 AM, Sielgaudys said:

Perhaps, but does she need one? I feel like seeking power for her family is sufficient. 

I've never understood why people think Russel is Robert's bastard. The evidence seems to amount to "Taena didn't want to bring him to court." Well no shit, KL is a pit of vipers, and Cersei is a psychotic paranoid trainwreck. What mother would want her son anywhere near that mess?

Edited by LHakaLH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

What mother would want her son anywhere near that mess?

The ambitious kind.... And those who play the game of thrones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was rereading Feast's Cersei chapters and came across her saying a mother would do anything for her son (like she does and says, and how she thinks Taena does). Feast Cersei is mostly batshit crazy. But in the case of Taena, she may be right. 

This thread didn't give the convincing answers I wanted, so here's my take on the situation. Taena worked for LF, Varys, Margaery and latest for Cersei. But like the Kettleblacks, she decided to play the game of thrones for her own agenda (her son and his true father, the scarred ship captain who may be Euron or Jaqen/Gerion. The latter is unlikely, given the Sailor's Wife is J/G's )

And maybe Marg is bisexual along with the rest of her camp and used Taena's similar desires for her own benefit. This explains them always being together and not being suspected. Broken Maidenheads can be from riding tho. Horse or..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, TheLastWolf said:

And maybe Marg is bisexual along with the rest of her camp and used Taena's similar desires for her own benefit.

Bi or lesbian. Here's circumstantial evidence (or more of it to be accurate)

AFFC CERSEI 3

"They will not be alone. Her cousins will be with them."
 
"As will you. I command it, in the king's name." Cersei had not wanted Tommen and his wife to share a bed at all, but the Tyrells had insisted. "Husband and wife should sleep together," the Queen of Thorns had said, "even if they do no more than sleep. His Grace's bed is big enough for two, surely." Lady Alerie had echoed her good-mother. "Let the children warm each other in the night. It will bring them closer. Margaery oft shares her blankets with her cousins. They sing and play games and whisper secrets to each other when the candles are snuffed out."
 
"How delightful," Cersei had said. "Let them continue, by all means. In the Maidenvault."
 
Plus it's an age where teens experiment with their sexuality. We see Dany relieving her suppressed desires via Irri. Cersei was certainly late tho, with Taena
Just entertaining the possibility. Not sure. Whatever Margaery does or speaks has double meanings IMO.
Edited by TheLastWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...