Jump to content
Quaithe from Asshai

TWOW in 2021 seems ever more likely

Recommended Posts

@Loras What did GRRM do that was so bad?

8 hours ago, Donnycarko said:

^ From his latest blog post. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but second wave? I didn't think the US had gotten past the first wave. 

Silver lining = more quarantine equals more writing, I guess? 

I still don't really understand why the pandemic got so out-of-control in the United States. There are other countries with much less resources and - arguably - more dense populations that are doing so much better.

I don't get it.

More quarantine = more writing. Possibly? Although, if he gets stuck again or if all the extra time leads him to want to rewrite huge swathes of what he has already written...

*knock on wood*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

@Loras What did GRRM do that was so bad?

I still don't really understand why the pandemic got so out-of-control in the United States. There are other countries with much less resources and - arguably - more dense populations that are doing so much better.

I

 

Not a mystery.  Trump perceived that an early strict response led by the national government would piss people off and they'd attribute it to him personally and it would hurt him politically, so he tried to pretend it was no big deal, and as a result the national government's response was grossly incompetent and lacking. Typical authoritarian incompetence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Werthead

You are my go to for publishing questions. 

We know that GRRM's publishers were gearing for a 2015/16 pub date for TWOW. We know about the Halloween and New Year's deadlines. 

So, since the publishers were gearing for that deadline, we can assume that they were working from their ends to achieve it as well as GRRM. My question is do we know of the cover they were planning to use? Who made it?

Edited by Quaithe from Asshai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quaithe from Asshai said:

@Werthead

You are my go to for publishing questions. 

We know that GRRM's publishers were gearing for a 2015/16 pub date for TWOW. We know about the Halloween and New Year's deadlines. 

So, since the publishers were gearing for that deadline, we can assume that they were working from their ends to achieve it as well as GRRM. My question is do we know of the cover they were planning to use? Who made it?

It was created by a fan named FeroxDeoVacuusVinco in 2012 (he's also done one for A Dream of Spring, but it's pants in comparison). I think GRRM got confused at one time and thought it was an working actual working cover.

My understanding is that the final cover for the book will be different, and that during the 2015/16 "optimism," stage they never got to the point of seriously thinking about cover art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Werthead said:

It was created by a fan named FeroxDeoVacuusVinco in 2012 (he's also done one for A Dream of Spring, but it's pants in comparison). I think GRRM got confused at one time and thought it was an working actual working cover.

My understanding is that the final cover for the book will be different, and that during the 2015/16 "optimism," stage they never got to the point of seriously thinking about cover art.

Doesn't it take months to create a cover? I thought they had one then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Quaithe from Asshai said:

Doesn't it take months to create a cover? I thought they had one then!

Normally, but the ASoIaF covers are pretty simple and they'll simply throw money at the artist to get them done in time.

It's also possible that they might already have a redesigned cover standing by, but they haven't revealed it yet because people will get the wrong idea. I'm not sure when they redesigned the ADWD cover (they had two placeholder ones for years beforehand), as they only showed it about 2 months before release, but it could have been on standby for a long time before then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't been on this site for a long long time. 

 

I've always kind of assumed that there will never be another book published, unless another writer gets permission to become involved. After all these years, is there any genuine reason to believe that it'll happen? Or is it still the "probably next year" thing that's been happening for about seven years now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wagshell said:

Haven't been on this site for a long long time. 

 

I've always kind of assumed that there will never be another book published, unless another writer gets permission to become involved. After all these years, is there any genuine reason to believe that it'll happen? Or is it still the "probably next year" thing that's been happening for about seven years now?

He made a couple of updates this summer. He talked about chapters he wrote, and his progress.

Edited by Quaithe from Asshai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...