20Q

a free shadow

29 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:lol: Noooooo, you think?

Well ... that is not really helpful.

So, geographically: not from NotW, not from the North. Also, um ... the only thing I could imagine is hime being from one of the islands off the shore of Westeros. Because then he is not really from Westeros, but it actually counts under Westeros politically and theoretically and what have you. It would also fit that if the island is on the eastern side of Westeros, then that person has probably sailed in a ship at some point, but never actually crossed the Narrow Sea.

I somehow feel like that's not it though. :leaving: 

I have come round to the idea that it could be someone about whom there is a fan theory. Someone who is located outside of Westeros and there is no objective proof that they are from Westeros but there is a fan theory that they are in fact a high born Westerosi and that would mean that they would have had to cross the narrow sea to get wherever they are. It would also mean that, 'theoretically' they did become someone or someone became them. 

Unfortunately can't come up with a candidate. I checked fan theory lists but didn't come up with anyone. especially as they have to be male and not a member of a company. Thinking of a Mance is Rhaegar or Lanna is Tysha type of theory.

I can think of other reasons for the various 'theoretically' answers but need a reason that generates so many of them. eg they could be not located in Westeros but theoretically yes if they are dead so they are not anywhere but their body is in Westeros but you would need other explanations for the other problem answers.

26 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I have come round to the idea that it could be someone about whom there is a fan theory. Someone who is located outside of Westeros and there is no objective proof that they are from Westeros but there is a fan theory that they are in fact a high born Westerosi and that would mean that they would have had to cross the narrow sea to get wherever they are. It would also mean that, 'theoretically' they did become someone or someone became them. 

Unfortunately can't come up with a candidate. I checked fan theory lists but didn't come up with anyone. especially as they have to be male and not a member of a company. Thinking of a Mance is Rhaegar or Lanna is Tysha type of theory.

I can think of other reasons for the various 'theoretically' answers but need a reason that generates so many of them. eg they could be not located in Westeros but theoretically yes if they are dead so they are not anywhere but their body is in Westeros but you would need other explanations for the other problem answers.

I've been stuck on Tyroshi characters.  I thought maybe the "theoretically" around westeros/not westeros would fit with the disputed lands.

Daario, maybe.

1 hour ago, Jez Bell said:

I've been stuck on Tyroshi characters.  I thought maybe the "theoretically" around westeros/not westeros would fit with the disputed lands.

Daario, maybe.

I am going to have to look up disputed lands...can't remember anything about them.

2 hours ago, Castellan said:

I am not sure we should be taking fan theories into account and instead only take the information directly from the books. Maybe Shadow should clear this up.

2 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

or the stepstones, maybe.

The answer to 7 has me stuck.

disputed lands sound interesting .. a good place to flee to because its a disputed territory

I can't work out if the Stepstones are also disputed land

Just now, Buckwheat said:

I am not sure we should be taking fan theories into account and instead only take the information directly from the books. Maybe Shadow should clear this up.

I suppose that true. It could still be someone like Young Griff/Aegon, if there is such another character, since Young Griff's supposed true identity is revealed in the books.

2 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

or Skagos?  

From wiki:

In theory, the island is part of the north and subject to House Stark of Winterfell. However, the island has little contact with mainland Westeros and the Seven Kingdoms, and in practice they rule themselves.

well, there are Osha and Rickon there and has Davos left yet? But they are all definitely 'from Westeros'. Westeros is a land mass not a political entity so I would include wildlings.

32 minutes ago, Castellan said:

By the way, I think this is a clue. I have been thinking Blackfyre.

Yes, I was looking at the Blackfyre pretenders, but that may be too far back.

Ther is something in the air, my hints have worked like magic ! :ninja: But if you are a more practical person, it is forever a good rule to trust Castellan (and then of course make her trust you and betray her, and take over the victory! :ninja:).

1. ASOIAF character

2. Not from the North

3. Not from Westeros. But, theoretically, yes.

4. Not a wildling

5. Not located in Westeros. But, theoretically, yes.

6. Not mythical in-world and/or not from a Westeros tale, song or legend

7. Absolutely has not sailed the Narrow sea. But, theoretically, definitely.

8. Unknown if highborn. But, theoretically, yes.

9. Human

10. Alive in the timeline of five books

11. Not Brynden Rivers/Bloodraven. 

12. Unknown if of Westerosi descent. But, theoretically, yes.

13. Male

13.1 Not Bronn

14. Not from any company, including the Golden company

14.1 Not "dead man walking" (not a nameless character, the name is told)

15. Does not become someone else, someone else does not become him. But, theoretically, definitely.

15.1 Not Young Griff (even if he is not Aegon, he has sailed the Narrow sea)

15.2 Not Jaqen (he is located in Westeros)

15.3 Not a Faceless man (I am not counting the guess, as I think there are no Faceless men who fit all the previous answers)

16. No reason to believe the person is not alive anymore. But, theoretically, definitely alive.

17. Not from the Disputed Lands

17.1 Not Daario (he was at a company sometime, I think)

43 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am not sure we should be taking fan theories into account and instead only take the information directly from the books. 

Maybe I should not, but would I not?:ninja:

Clarification 2: I consider Westeros to include all its islands and everything, and if it is not in Westeros, then not there either :ninja:

Archived