20Q

a free shadow

I think everyone is working very well, and some of the best keys to the question were found, but they did not work as well as I thought they could... :frown5:

We can do it four ways now :pirate:

1. You disregard my warnings and continue into the darkness without help, until everything is lost :ninja: 

2. I give some too obvious hints, and then whoever is first to see them can have the victory :ninja:

4. We never speak of it again :ninja:

32 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

I think everyone is working very well, and some of the best keys to the question were found, but they did not work as well as I thought they could... :frown5:

1. You disregard my warnings and continue into the darkness without help, until everything is lost :ninja: 

2. I give some too obvious hints, and then whoever is first to see them can have the victory :ninja:

I choose 1.46, please

3 hours ago, a free shadow said:

18. From Essos.  But, theoretically, definitely not.

I found advice not to follow :pirate: 

Hint: closer to butterflies than wierwoods :ninja:

practically the whole of essos is closer to Narth then to weirwoods, except I would say Pentos Braavos Norvos and Qohor.  and maybe even the south western cities like Lys are closer to the north of westeros than to Naarth.

I was considering Pyat Pree since we don't definitely know its him hanging about in Euron's ship but theoretically it was him. He fits the house on fire clue.

But I can't see that theoretically he is from Westeros. 

5. I go to sleep now.

Is this a clue, that you are not giving us the option no. 3?

I am stumped.

4 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

I choose 1.46, please

What is known, but you might not know it :ninja:

There is a man in Essos, to find him you must not go West or seek any company. He is alive, he has a name.

Theoretically, he becomes someone else or someone else becomes him.

Someone else is a highborn man from Westeros and not from the North, who has definitely sailed the Narrow sea and is still alive as well.

And also:

On 6/26/2020 at 9:57 PM, a free shadow said:

The path is now lighted :ninja:

On 7/1/2020 at 8:45 PM, a free shadow said:

Myths are just old rumours! :ninja:

18 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Onwards, like a house on fire :ninja:

18 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Stranger things might have happened.

5 hours ago, a free shadow said:

There is something in the air, my hints have worked like magic ! :ninja: 

What comes to mind is someone who stole another man's identity for his own purposes. And since neither Jaqen nor Pate are involved, that only leaves Rorge, who impersonates the Hound. But Rorge has no connections to Essos, and neither has Garlan.

Unless....

Rorge's page does specify he's affiliated with Brave Companions, who are from Essos...but that counts as a 'company'.

According to the clues 1-17, I thiiiiink Arstan Whitebeard/Barristan Selmy might just fit. But I don't think his house was ever connected to fire ... unless that would mean that he currently follows a Targaryen leader.

The "hints have worked like magic" - Barristan was never connected to magic, was he?

8 hours ago, Eternally_His said:

It's one of the Triarchs, clearly. Specifically, Malaquo, whose connection to Westeros is that his show-only granddaughter lives there. :P

It could in fact be pointing to Volantis which has the biggest Temple of Fire.

1 hour ago, Eternally_His said:

Where is the host and why aren't they replying to any of these?

in a different time zone from me, anyway. probably asleep.

Archived