20Q

a free shadow

6 hours ago, Eternally_His said:

And he can't spend five minutes to type 'yes' or 'no'?

Must be a really intense holiday, then...

she is a free shadow   .... and only the shadow knows

9 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Don't forget this little gem that Shadow left for us this morning.

well its tortoise in the text, perhaps she did it from memory and then checked the text so had to correct.

did you know there is a vocal duo called phantom tortoise? I wonder which came first. 

the wiki lists phantom tortoise as a type of tortoise found in Qarth. I had assumed they created phantoms in the shape of tortoises which ferried messages. A charming conceit. I pictured them flying from window to window. I mean like a ghost tortoise. Sticking messages on real tortoises seems highly inefficient and unlikely.

I am becoming an expert on turtle trivia.

5 hours ago, Castellan said:

I pictured them flying from window to window.

Except the warlocks have no windows. :) 

I kinda imagined real tortoises that have been trained, like ravens, but with stealth technology.

Hell  o :ninja:

Before I left, I was certain that my last hints were giving the answer, and the question was only who will write it quickest.

I was not able to be online during the last few days.

The answer is Urrathon Night-Walker, and it is also thought that he might be Euron Greyjoy.

I thought he is interesting, because the character and the supposed character who is impersonating him have very much different qualities, and it might be interesting to solve it through it. But you found this, and it did not help, so I did not choose correctly.

I just remember him (while I do not really remember many bigger characters), but on the regular level as well I thought it might be enough that he is involved with the first ever mention of glass-candles, which is one of the few really magic items. And the whole paragraph by Xaro about the magic returning to the world is quite interesting!

The answer is my fault, but everybody played great!

1. Castellan realised that the conflicting answers mean a theory.

2. Eternally-His found the main key about someone else becoming the character.

3. Jez Bell found the right paragraph.

4. Buckwheat kept having faith that the question is reasonable.

I hope the next question works better. 

If you would like me to buy a drink for someone I'll see next on your behalf, I can (they will not know why though :ninja:).

I think you have already decided that Eternally-His will be the host, so I let her take over if she is still up to it!

55 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

The answer is Urrathon Night-Walker

I don't think another 2 questions would have helped me.  Thanks for a fun game, Shadow.

55 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

I think you have already decided that Eternally-His will be the host

One of us has.

14 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Hell  o :ninja:

Before I left, I was certain that my last hints were giving the answer, and the question was only who will write it quickest.

I was not able to be online during the last few days.

Hide contents

The answer is Urrathon Night-Walker, and it is also thought that he might be Euron Greyjoy.

11 hours ago, Eternally_His said:

Well, if you're that unhappy about me being the host, how about Castellan? He set us on the right path.

I kept thinking of Euron and I can't remember why I just remember thinking That won't work! Forget about him! I would never have thought of  Urrathon Night-Walker.

I am a she, @Eternally_His. I didn't have gender on my avatar for a while but added it in after I got in a few excruciating conversations with men who thought I was one too. A strangely disorienting experience. 

Archived