Little Walder was killed by Aenys Frey, not Big Walder.

TheLastWolf

3 hours ago, Van Gogh said:

To create a rift between the Freys and the Manderlys.  Mance is an oathbreaker.  Killing kids is nothing to a deserter and a traitor. 

Hope you know the tale of his desertion. He is more of Jon snow than in 'betraying' and 'desertion'. I don't imply that Mance broke his vows and turned his cloak ( literally) on orders like Jon, but Mance is not Ollo Lophand, Lark the sisterman who broke their vows in cowardice. Mance broke his vows because of the red/black cloak. See that thread ( I saw your post there too and disagree with you) and it's clear. Mance ain't Ramsay. 

On 6/30/2020 at 1:09 PM, TheLastWolf said:

We know that LW was not killed on the orders of Manderly or Mance/Abel for sure...people think that BW killed LW, but I beg to differ.

BW's motive

• Goes ahead in line of succession to the Twins
  • Reasons for this motive's failure
  1. There are simply too many Freys ahead
  2. LW was stronger and bigger in size, so no way BW could've overpowered LW and killed him.
  3. BW thought that neither of them would never inherit the Twins in ACOK.
  4. LW was the cruel one, not BW...so kinslaying with no surety of getting Twins is too far fetched.
  5. BW was the smart one, he wasn't that stupid too provoke open quarrel while Stannis was outside.

Aenys's motives

• Knew/suspected that many of the dead Ned's loyal banner men now with Bolton would change sides if battle begun to avenge their liege lord's and his son, their king's murders.
  • Knew that the huge host would not survive with fast dwindling supplies in the thick of winter.
  1. So I say he killed LW, spread rumors about him being owed silver by a White Harbor knight to cause discord among the Manderly+loyal nothmen and Boltons+Freys so that Roose would send them out to battle with Stannis. He had not allowed anyone outside since his scouts were killed by Mors Crowfood or had deserted.
  2. Then he could save his own a*s and escape Stannis and Winter by leaving the North under some pretext.
  3. BW being spattered with too much blood may have been interpreted by many as him to be the murderer. I think that Aenys must have got him close to the murder spot immediately after the murder somehow to escape suspicion on himself.

I like Preston's theory on the subject, in a series of videos titled "a Frey in the snow". He agrees it wasn't BW but he has a different explanation.

47 minutes ago, Quoth the raven, said:

The hooded man is the wild card.  Some think he works for Mance.  Others say for Manderly.  Why not for BW?  The Freys are smart.  And rich.  

Damn! Forgot about it and nobody even mentions it. Thank you for it, but him being a Frey footpad is too obvious if we take BW as the killer

Little Walder is too big and strong for the other Walder.  It's too risky for the little guy to do the killing.  Little Walder is too big for him to handle if something should go less than perfect.  He had help or paid somebody to do the dirty deed.  Big fellow wasn't killed for his gambling.

2 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

The kid was killed because he is the brother of the Lady of the North, Walda Frey Bolton.  Whoever murdered him thought this could spark disorder among the Bolton allies.  

By whom? We've been discussing that all time. And the Hooded man??? 

20 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Aenys Frey. All the darn Freys are Kinslayers ( like Black Walder) or incestuous (again like Black Walder) 

Black Walder's not actually killed of his kin yet. Edwyn suspects of being responsible for Ryman and Petyr's deaths, but he's wrong about that.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, TheLastWolf said:
On 7/18/2020 at 9:36 PM, Quoth the raven, said:

The hooded man is the wild card.  Some think he works for Mance.  Others say for Manderly.  Why not for BW?  The Freys are smart.  And rich.  

Damn! Forgot about it and nobody even mentions it. Thank you for it, but him being a Frey footpad is too obvious if we take BW as the killer

@Quoth the raven, you really hit close to the bullseye....but also far at the same time. Those who say that the mysterious Hooded man could be the killer should read on.

On 7/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, TheLastWolf said:

And the Hooded man??? 

See the above link. Then the following excerpt which is a reply from it.

The idea of Big Walder’s “lust” to become LotC is mis-informed. He was a 12yo boy making a typical 12yo boy’s boast. To spin that into a mad plan to murder his way through literally dozens of his own family members, including cutthroats like Black Walder and Aegon Frey is ludicrous

This kind of compensates for my error. The first is my wrong text. Next is @Walda's correction.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:39 PM, TheLastWolf said:

BW thought that neither of them would never inherit the Twins in ACOK.

Little Walder objected. “And neither of us will ever hold the Twins, stupid.”

“I will,” Big Walder declared.

(ACoK Ch.4 Bran I)

So that point in the favor of those who think BW did the murder is now null and void if we look from the angle of it being an empty boast, like many others too.

Coming back to the HOODED MAN......

I think that the HOODED MAN was a figment of THEON's imagination, the GHOST OF WINTERFELL, he himself was projecting his ugly deeds out and reasoning with it. Something similar to Dissociative Identity Disorder/Multiple Personality Disorder. Or more like Schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling

It's been a while since we've had a good hooded man thread. The Theon Durden theory is the one that I like the best. Of course, it was around well before I started spouting off mumbo jumbo on these forums. 

For any noobs who might not know what it is, it suggests that the hooded man seen by Reek in The Ghost of Winterfell was a vision of his alter ego, Theon, similar to Tyler Durden in the movie Fight Club.

The author didn't name the so-called Hooded Man in the text because Theon was seeing the ghost of his former self. And I expect the identity will never be revealed unless The George does so in an SSM. The Hooded Man, who might or might not have been wearing a hood, was the ghost of Reek's former self.

It is known.

So I agree with @Lost Melnibonean

On 7/22/2020 at 5:15 AM, TheLastWolf said:

@Quoth the raven, you really hit close to the bullseye....but also far at the same time. Those who say that the mysterious Hooded man could be the killer should read on.

See the above link. Then the following excerpt which is a reply from it.

The idea of Big Walder’s “lust” to become LotC is mis-informed. He was a 12yo boy making a typical 12yo boy’s boast. To spin that into a mad plan to murder his way through literally dozens of his own family members, including cutthroats like Black Walder and Aegon Frey is ludicrous

This kind of compensates for my error. The first is my wrong text. Next is @Walda's correction.

So that point in the favor of those who think BW did the murder is now null and void if we look from the angle of it being an empty boast, like many others too.

Coming back to the HOODED MAN......

I think that the HOODED MAN was a figment of THEON's imagination, the GHOST OF WINTERFELL, he himself was projecting his ugly deeds out and reasoning with it. Something similar to Dissociative Identity Disorder/Multiple Personality Disorder. Or more like Schizophrenia.

So I agree with @Lost Melnibonean

I agree with him too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@Lost Melnibonean

@TheLastWolf

If Theon Durden/Schizo DID mpd etc is true, can't we also be open to the possibility of an alter ego Theon killing LW. Sure, physically impossible. But as TLW pointed out in some other recent thread/(s), James Mcvoy gets amazing physical strengths when he transforms into the Beast in Shyamlan's Split. 

This opens the possibility of Bloodraven skinchanging into dic(k)less Theon 

Archived