Watch, Watched, Watching: What Old Is New When There Is No New

Zorral

Watched the first two Daniel Craig Bond movies on HBOMax, does anyone know where Skyfall is streaming? I can't find it anywhere. You'd think all the Bond movies would be on the same service, but I see Netflix has the Peirce Brosnon ones. Weird. 

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Watched the first two Daniel Craig Bond movies on HBOMax, does anyone know where Skyfall is streaming?

Try Just Watch. Looks like it's available for digital rental, at least, but isn't part of any of the regular streaming services right now.

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

Try Just Watch. Looks like it's available for digital rental, at least, but isn't part of any of the regular streaming services right now.

Thanks! That's unusual, no? I guess I just assumed anything that came out in the last ten years is streaming somewhere....

19 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Watched the first two Daniel Craig Bond movies on HBOMax, does anyone know where Skyfall is streaming? I can't find it anywhere. You'd think all the Bond movies would be on the same service, but I see Netflix has the Peirce Brosnon ones. Weird. 

Did you watch them back to back?

The ending of Warrior Nun almost made up for the entire season, and I wish they had put out things a bit earlier as far as resolving some of the reveals. 

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Its one of about 6 film franchises ITV has on a constant loop over here :P although i think it was just on a couple of weeks ago

8 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

All the films but Solo were hugely profitable, so by that standard she can't be called a failure, not yet, not until its proven that the SW concept is no longer a money maker as a result of her craptasktic stewardship and for that we need a couple more movies.

I'm totally on board for the Taika Waititi Star Wars movie.  That man has yet to do anything I've hated.

But outside of Rogue One, there hasn't been a good Star Wars movie in almost forty years, so he's fighting an uphill battle.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I'm totally on board for the Taika Waititi Star Wars movie.  That man has yet to do anything I've hated.

But outside of Rogue One, there hasn't been a good Star Wars movie in almost forty years, so he's fighting an uphill battle.

You're not a fan of the Holiday Special?

On 7/9/2020 at 12:28 PM, Tywin et al. said:

By original I was talking about the book. And yeah, that's the movie version most people cite.

Looks funny, and I'll probably recognize a lot of places since I used to go there once or twice a year since I was a kid up until, well shit I went last year actually. I'm thinking this stupid virus is nuking the family reunion this year.

I just saw it's on Hulu already, I'll probably watch it after I slog through Spectre for completion's sake. 

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Watched The Old Guard on Netflix. Pretty decent action flick with Charlize Theron. The villain sucks but eh...

I'll give it a look tonight sometime.

The NY Times also liked it, and for the same reasons the Vulture review did -- rather different they both said from the supehero flick -- which long ago got to bore me right into never going to see them anymore whether in a theater or streaming.

Funny though, there are two superhero flix I have enjoyed -- which both critics and audience superly eschewed: Jupiter Ascending and John Carter of Mars.  Oddly they both had in common the sense that they were two sequentially films, not  single film, which could be a valid criticism, but I rather enjoyed that, once I realized what was going on.  They were baggy in that old classic 1860's and later Victorian era of the novel, particularly the adventure - sensational novel (not lit canon, but I've read many of them -- even as a child, since grandparents and Great-grandparents had their parents' books on the shelves too -- just for historical literary and history platform and background).  Often the protag got caught up in a journey - adventure, and returned home about half way through.  And then It, whatever It was, started up over again.

The last Thor film felt that way too, just a bit.  I've liked the Thors too, fairly mildly, but still making them exceptions to the usual beat 'em up-action that is the purpose of the production, the longer, louder and wider the better.

Given that neither John Carter nor Jupiter Ascending were superhero films, but planetary romance, and that Thor Ragnarok is a pulp fantasy adventure that also has strong hints of planetary romance, I feel like the solution to the riddle is that you don't like superheroes, but do like planetary romance.

Watched Star Trek Balance of Terror; one of the best Trek episodes. Though confused me when I watched it almost 30 years ago, wondering why the hell Spock’s father Sarek was blowing up Earth outposts.

Have just started watching the previous mission impossible movie and am I supposed to remember who on earth the dude at the start is? ( The one officiating the wedding)

nvm, angela basset has walked in so everything is forgiven

I wonder if tom cruise has extra heels on in front of cavill

Archived