Small Unworthy Things, Once More, With Feeling!

Fragile Bird

25 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Are you watching me? My car is literally in right now having this done (along with a few other jobs I couldn't do myself). 

Wait, you need to pay someone to do this?

Double wait, you as a Eurocommie are able to have a car?

I'm not sure which is more shocking. 

My issue is my dad is incredible at DIY. A plumber by trade but can do everything other than plastering which is apparently a dark art form. So I've always just left him to it while I just fucked off and played football or went to the pub. Now its catching up with me. 

As for DIY household stuff I'm much better, have just finished annual ritual of treating for ants. I do an outdoor and indoor perimeter treatment of the most poisonous stuff I can find. No dead pets yet so I'm staying with that.

Last week I set up scaffold and attached and wired a really neat light fixture above the kitchen island. That job was a pretty big pain in the butt but I really didn't want to pay an electrician so I got her done so to speak.

Just have no desire to do the monkeywrenching on vehicles though. Much rather use that free time towards yardwork, which I love.

I don't mind dusting at all, it can be relaxing and you just put your headphones on and listen to a podcast or some music or a book on tape. But dear god do I dread cleaning the nice stuff. Because I'm not really paying attention.

I suppose this is as good a thread as any for a career/job search related rant.

Spoiler

<SNIP. Edited out most of this.>

Not sure I should be posting any of this here, but I suppose it is pretty unlikely that any potential employer of mine is going to read this forum. :dunno:

Oh, and while I do like small crafty things, I don't really do DIY, except that I like painting walls.

Given that my obesity has really kicked in during this quarantine, it is time for diet.

And given my current state of mind... :( 

Luckily, I have found some videos of exercises for obese people so I will give it a go...

This story has one of the coolest bear rescue videos you will ever see.

Mama bear and two cubs, saved from vertical culvert going down to some water. The poor guys were stuck down there till wildlife officials lowered a ladder in and the bears did the rest of the maneuvers themselves. So neat, check it out here- 

https://news.yahoo.com/mother-bear-gets-help-officials-024821391.html

8 hours ago, Mladen said:

Given that my obesity has really kicked in during this quarantine, it is time for diet.

And given my current state of mind... :( 

Luckily, I have found some videos of exercises for obese people so I will give it a go...

Good luck! :) 

8 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

What a blithering idiot!

:grouphug:

He was probably just doing his job. It really upset me then though.

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

He was probably just doing his job. It really upset me then though.

I'm sorry you had that experience. It would upset me too and I think there's a way to conduct interviews without it going about it the way he did. He sounds like a tool.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:39 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Why doesn't gravity work on mayonnaise? 

And also, why doesn’t mayonnaise work on gravity?

These are the questions we must ask if we want to discover the true secrets of the universe.

Archived