Small Unworthy Things, Once More, With Feeling!

Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Woohoo! I’ve been commissioned by the BBC (supported by BBC Arts and Arts Council England) to create a short piece of audio. 
I was shortlisted in the New Creatives programme and now I’ve been commissioned - so excited !! 

Woo hoo!! That is sooooo cool.

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Woohoo! I’ve been commissioned by the BBC (supported by BBC Arts and Arts Council England) to create a short piece of audio. 
I was shortlisted in the New Creatives programme and now I’ve been commissioned - so excited !! 

If only there was a poster on this forum that told you you could make some money with that voice of yours......

6 hours ago, S John said:

I’ve been eating Outshine brand Fruit & Vegetable popsicles all summer and I don’t think I can stop. The tangerine/carrot nd the blueberry medley are fkn amazing.

I had no idea this was a thing. Are they actually any more healthy? Or is just to lure people in? My daughter loves ice lollies, it sounds like a far better alternative. 

12 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I had no idea this was a thing. Are they actually any more healthy? Or is just to lure people in? My daughter loves ice lollies, it sounds like a far better alternative. 

https://www.outshinesnacks.com/en/products/fruit-veggie-bars/strawberry-tangerine-blueberry-variety

seems like it’s still a decent amount of sugar but no artificial flavors or corn syrup so maybe slightly better than standard but I’m not sure.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:00 PM, S John said:

https://www.outshinesnacks.com/en/products/fruit-veggie-bars/strawberry-tangerine-blueberry-variety

seems like it’s still a decent amount of sugar but no artificial flavors or corn syrup so maybe slightly better than standard but I’m not sure.

Meh. Everything is shitty for you when taken to extremes. :P

The Medley ones are hard to find. They're either always out of stock or the stores don't carry them. Thankfully, the regular fruit bars are just as good. The lime in particular are quite good.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:00 PM, S John said:

In general artifical flavourings and/or corn syrup aren't measurable less healthy (there are outliers and depend a lot on what kind of flavouring is used) corn syrup is a problem because it is in everything, not because it itself is any worse than beet or cane sugar. (it does taste differently though) it's actually very mariginally better than cane sugar per volume, IIRC (though they compensate for that by usually having more of it... *sigh*)

5 hours ago, Durckad said:

Meh. Everything is shitty for you when taken to extremes. :P

The Medley ones are hard to find. They're either always out of stock or the stores don't carry them. Thankfully, the regular fruit bars are just as good. The lime in particular are quite good.

Wegmans always has the medleys if you happen to live near one of those. I don’t usually see the medley ones at smaller stores. But you are right the straight up fruit ones are good too. I like their grape a lot and I don’t usually like grape as a popsicle flavor.

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not understanding today's music, the early signs of encroaching old age.....

Just wait until bands that came out when you were in high school start getting played on "classic rock" stations.

35 minutes ago, The Mance said:

Just wait until bands that came out when you were in high school start getting played on "classic rock" stations.

I'm only 32 and I tend to like older music in general, though I'm pretty open to everything, yet I cannot for the life of me understand why some things are popular these days. For example, why was Old Town Road so popular? It's so dumb. But then again, the most popular song ever by internet hits reads like a five year old describing attraction so what do I know?......

Archived