Small Unworthy Things, Once More, With Feeling!

Fragile Bird

On 7/31/2020 at 4:09 PM, Teng Ai Hui said:

In China, McDonald's often offers odd types of ice cream.  This month's flavor was cheese and egg yolk.  It was the weirdest tasting ice cream that I have ever eaten.

The local McD's has a new ice cream flavor.  This time I had a durian McFlurry.  That has to be the worst tasting ice cream ever created.  I tried to eat the whole thing, but I could only stomach half of it.  

The only silver lining was that I convinced my daughter to try it as well, and the sour look on her face afterwards was priceless.

On 9/27/2020 at 12:12 PM, Raja said:

zzzzz there's plenty of good music out there, as has always been the case.

Raja has a good point...

On 9/27/2020 at 12:12 PM, Raja said:

Old town road is certainly 10/10 though, especially the video.

Nevermind.  No he doesn't.

My dumbass careless self has ensured I now have a fckn ALLERGY TO THE SUN that although will clear up in a few weeks might come back annually. I live in a beachy holiday part of the UK. Great. The sun is now my enemy. Hahah ahahah. WEAR SUN CREAM KIDS!!!! this could have been AVOIDED. 

17 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

A friend who's a few years younger than me called Alice in Chains classic rock the other day and I felt old as dirt.

You can't hurt me.  I'm already resigned to hearing Maiden aired over a "soothing sounds of the 1900's" oldies but goodies station.

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Got a known actor attached to my BBC commission oh and the museum I’ve been doing my traineeship at this year like me so much they’re offering me a full time professional role and I’m SO HAPPY 

Again, use that voice of yours. Don't be afraid. 

18 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Oh I am ABSOLUTELY making sure I am one of the voices for my BBC audio piece. They cant just fund me as a writer, F that! :lol:  where’s the fun !! 

Just remember, who told you that voice could make you some money? Help me help you get payed so you could throw me some too :P

Is it me or does anybody else ever get the feeling that they are seen as dumb and they get looked down on and belittled for their political and societal opinions? I am not at all saying that I’m particularly knowledgeable about politics, social issues or the world in general. I’m too young, too into light, one might even say shallow hobby interests and too uneducated to have a wide and deep enough understanding about the world. But that’s also true for most people in my generation. And while I do recognize and respect that several of my acquaintances/friends are smarter and better informed than I am, I’m not that stupid either and none of us is a social scientist. So why can’t we each think what we think without shunning the other for it or just open up an educative discussion about topics empty of political allegiance and judgement over it? I guess this is why I steer clear of ever discussing politics. 

Archived