Small Unworthy Things, Once More, With Feeling!

Fragile Bird

Used to live in SLC and would commute and take trips down this Interstate (80) quite a bit.

I think what Utah has built here (a land bridge/overpass) to benefit the wildlife is brilliant. Offering protection to moose, porcupine, mule deer, beer, etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/26/us/utah-wildlife-bridge-trnd/index.html

Love the added touch of natural scape (log stumps, boulders) that probably helped with the animals becoming familiar with it so quickly.

A question for the wise people of the internet:

do we or do we not lock the door on a 1.5 year old Weimaraner for the night in 1-2C cold?
He sleeps in a heated utility room in the garage (basically roommates with the heating system)  but we usually leave the door about a feet ajar so he can come and go as he wishes and to provide proper ventilation. He has several blankets in this room, but we keep wondering if we should lock the door on him so he doesn’t get cold. last year he was locked inside for the night because he was still tiny, but we’ve had the door open since spring. And he’s been an outdoor dog all his young life.

Anybody ever have a similar breed? Any tips? Thanks in advance!

56 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

A question for the wise people of the internet:

do we or do we not lock the door on a 1.5 year old Weimaraner for the night in 1-2C cold?
He sleeps in a heated utility room in the garage (basically roommates with the heating system)  but we usually leave the door about a feet ajar so he can come and go as he wishes and to provide proper ventilation. He has several blankets in this room, but we keep wondering if we should lock the door on him so he doesn’t get cold. last year he was locked inside for the night because he was still tiny, but we’ve had the door open since spring. And he’s been an outdoor dog all his young life.

Anybody ever have a similar breed? Any tips? Thanks in advance!

I don't know what to tell you. All my dogs have slept on our bed.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, Fury Resurrected said:

You’re in St Paul??? Our mortal enemy city????!!!

I have found that in very rural areas, the lack of travel is really common. I worked in St Cloud for several years and met tons of people who had never been in beautiful Minneapolis except at stadium events. And New York is .....weird, to say the least. The areas that are not near NYC are pretty shocking. When traveling there I saw a startling amount of yard couches and young children without shirts or shoes running in the street giving cars the finger.

(Sorry for the late reply~ :))

So it would seem ;):devil: (regarding St Paul)

That surprises me with St Cloud -- I think that's not quite 1.5 hours away from the Twins, haha. Once in awhile my family would go to Tampa (which was about as far away from our home as St Cloud is from the Twins) for something fun we couldn't do in our town. And I think we all partly just wanted to get our of town for a bit. 

The person is from rural NY, actually. I want them to tell me more about their community, but we've not ended up on the topic and I guess I don't tend to like changing subjects, haha. Might just do it anyway (hm, should I ask about the lawn couch thing? :P kidding).

I think my robovacuum was one of the best purchases I've ever made, ha.

The more I can pass off cleaning to machines, the cleaner my space will be...

I just have to pick up cat toys before I run it and take maybe 1-3 minutes to clean its parts out after it's done; dump out the bin, and pull hair and whatever other debris out of the brushes. Much faster and lacking in effort than manually sweeping or vacuuming the place, so my floors are cleaned everyday now. (And I definitely recommend cleaning out all the parts before use to anyone who might be interested in one of these guys)

Archived