Small Unworthy Things, Once More, With Feeling!

Fragile Bird

8 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Geez, that wedding dress could have killed her, dragging her down. I'm glad they're ok. That's probably the third or fourth time I've seen wedding shots just like that. 

12 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Got ID’d buying beers from the supermarket today - I’m 41 :)

This happened to me a few weeks ago , and as I reached into my wallet for the ID they asked me to pull my mask down for a second so they "could see it was me".  Instead i pulled up my shirt revealing a mat of black and silver curly hair reminiscent of a gorilla's back.  They rang me up and didn't even look at the ID.

12 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

Instead i pulled up my shirt revealing a mat of black and silver curly hair reminiscent of a gorilla's back.

In a better world this would be part of every story.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:06 PM, Derfel Cadarn said:

Got ID’d buying beers from the supermarket today - I’m 41 :)

My sister got ID’ed a week ago, she was offended. I keep telling her it’s a compliment, she’s just too young to appreciate it yet. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

My sister got ID’ed a week ago, she was offended. I keep telling her it’s a compliment, she’s just too young to appreciate it yet. 

My wife got id'd buying alcohol free beers once. She was 28 at the time. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

My wife got id'd buying alcohol free beers once. She was 28 at the time. 

That must have been one eager cashier, to ID someone for a non-alcoholic beverage. I don't remember ever being ID'd. Not even when I was underage. How sad. They did ask once if I was legal and I said I was and that was it. No ID. 

This weekend is the beginning of my summer vacation away from my teaching job.  So far, it has been very slow paced and stress free.  I've been sampling some interesting beers and ciders.  I'm looking forward to five more weeks of the same.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 3:53 AM, Teng Ai Hui said:

This weekend is the beginning of my summer vacation away from my teaching job.  So far, it has been very slow paced and stress free.  I've been sampling some interesting beers and ciders.  I'm looking forward to five more weeks of the same.

as my team cover schools, they work longer hours during term time so they get extra time off for the school holidays.  I feel really sorry for them (and you) this year, who wants 6 weeks off when you can't do much?

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

as my team cover schools, they work longer hours during term time so they get extra time off for the school holidays.  I feel really sorry for them (and you) this year, who wants 6 weeks off when you can't do much?

Hahaha!  I retired in September last year. Just in time to spend the rest of my life when I can't do much. 

12 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Thank you for your kind words. Honestly, I like having a stay-cation. I have lots of little projects around the house, lots of books to read, and lots of tv shows to watch. 

Sad story-

https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/07/michigan-rescue-group-helps-fawn-acting-strangely-discovers-it-has-no-eyeballs.html

Poor fawn found acting strange, swimming in circles.

On examination vets determined it was born with no eyes.

Possibly caused from environmental pollutants such as insecticides/pesticides.

Like I said tis a sad story and one everyone should heed.

2 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

My treadmill went and died on me today. I've had that treadmill since 2004.

If it has a DC motor for speed control, it just needs new brushes. 

Archived