Fragile Bird

Small Unworthy Things, Once More, With Feeling!

I had some teeth filled today. I currently can smile (don't think I could the first hour or so -- it didn't happen when I talked to anyone then), but can't really rub my lips together. I also can't drink from a straw, but can awkwardly drink from a cup (I have a plastic one I bite down on to drink from, that or I pour into my mouth lol). Interesting...

Edited by Lizard Queen

So due to many complaints(I’m assuming), my employer has finally decided to turn Fox News off of the tv’s in the two cafs. It’s unfortunately been a fixture for years there. I can finally eat breakfast in peace.

The worst part is I heard my union requested it to be on that dumb channel this whole time. Oh the irony.

Edited by Ramsay B.

17 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

So due to many complaints(I’m assuming), my employer has finally decided to turn Fox News off of the tv’s in the two cafs. It’s unfortunately been a fixture for years there. I can finally eat breakfast in peace.

The worst part is I heard my union requested it to be on that dumb channel this whole time. Oh the irony.

Geezus that's appalling. As a career long union member, it's gut wrenchingly, sickening to see and hear this type of behavior.

I myself await with great anticipation, for a day soon in November, when some of my dirtbag workmates all have these very longfaced, dejected looks over their hero being crushed and as they quake in fear and outrage over a certain Kamala being a heartbeat away.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

Bought a nice pair of slippers for under $7 this morning. Their price before discounts was $65.

Today I spoke to a business colleague who expressed his trials to due Covid thusly, "all the shows got cancelled, we finally got a nice, lucrative job and then the riots broke out." 

What I wish I had said, "Rephrase that:  you got a nice, lucrative job and then the police executed a man for a misdemeanor in broad daylight on a public street."

14 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Bought a nice pair of slippers for under $7 this morning. Their price before discounts was $65.

There ya go.  Presuming that they are not actually selling them at a loss, that's the markup on those slippers.

My new headphones arrived and tonight I opened the box and plugged them in.  No sound at all.  Nothing.  The little speaker icon has a red X...won't acknowledge the headphones existence in any way.  I contacted Sony and Microsoft and they both told me  to update drivers or helped me update drivers.  After that...Microsoft advised me to contact Dell or Sony and Sony felt it was more Microsoft or Dell.  So I try Dell and download some more drivers.  Headphones are still completely dead.  They work on my phone...which is where I couldn't care less if they worked...but will not connect to the pc at all. 

So writing this tear soaked post I thought of trying the headset with my laptop and they worked fine.  I watched three dog rescue videos.  So this pc is  the problem. 

On 9/19/2020 at 10:09 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

I myself await with great anticipation, for a day soon in November, when some of my dirtbag workmates all have these very longfaced, dejected looks over their hero being crushed and as they quake in fear and outrage over a certain Kamala being a heartbeat away.

Fingers crossed, man. I’m not underestimating the stupidity of this country again though.

I don't eat at KFC often but apparently they replaced their potato wedges with french fries back in june and I am sad now. 

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

When they forget to bring you silverware at a restaurant it's not that big of a deal but is so irritating just the same.  Kind of a key function of a restaurant is it not?  

False, eat with your hands and fling it at people. 

38 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Flagging this comment for the mods as apist.  

At least she had the dignity to suggest you fling what goes in on the front end instead of the other available option..... 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

At least she had the dignity to suggest you fling what goes in on the front end instead of the other available option..... 

That sort of behavior is exactly the reason, why the Huntsmans won't invite you for dinner anymore. Heidi Cruz can be forgiven, afterall her husband think he is a Christian mime trapped inside the body of a US senator from Texas, but you don't have that sort of excuse.

8 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That sort of behavior is exactly the reason, why the Huntsmans won't invite you for dinner anymore. Heidi Cruz can be forgiven, afterall her husband think he is a Christian mime trapped inside the body of a US senator from Texas, but you don't have that sort of excuse.

Damn, I always did have a mad crush on the former's daughter too.....

Edited by Tywin et al.

7 hours ago, Triskele said:

When they forget to bring you silverware at a restaurant it's not that big of a deal but is so irritating just the same.  Kind of a key function of a restaurant is it not?  

Or condiments. Bring me my utensils and sauces before my food so it doesn't go cold while I wait. Drives me insane. 

Man, I don't even remember what eating at restaurants is like :crying:

7 minutes ago, Raja said:

Man, I don't even remember what eating at restaurants is like :crying:

I live in a pretty rural area, all pubs have huge and well spaced beer gardens so I've risked it a few times.