Crackpot theories part 2

Alyn Oakenfist

So given how many X is actually Y theories that have appeared recently I think it's high time to being beack the crackpot theories thread. Basically put here any theory that you read or come up with that is absolute bonkers. Here's a fun one to begin with:

Tormund Giantsbane is actually Alyn Oakenfist. Think about it we never know what happened to Oakenfist, he probably reached Asshai and became Quaithe. But after he clearly became Tormund given what he says about his word, being ,,as strong as oak". And after that he is assigned to Oakenshield (nice Hobbit reference GRRM). It all lines up...

So what other crackpot theories do you know, or have recently read?

no please.... all I have read are bonkers. xept for R+L=J.

I think I had several 1-2 years long vacations from the board because I even started to read one of those posts

Ok, recently I've taken the risk and read 2 sentences with one eye closed… and it was „shiera seastar is 3 eyed crow and quaithe”

54 minutes ago, broken one said:

no please.... all I have read are bonkers. xept for R+L=J

Well there a couple more that are valid.

The lamplight one is perfectly valid as is fAegon or Theon's other thing.

But yeah most are crackpots, and that's why this thread exists

3 hours ago, broken one said:

no please.... all I have read are bonkers. xept for R+L=J.

I think I had several 1-2 years long vacations from the board because I even started to read one of those posts

Ok, recently I've taken the risk and read 2 sentences with one eye closed… and it was „shiera seastar is 3 eyed crow and quaithe”

Aside from R+L=J, the only X is actually Y theories I can think of immediately that aren't bonkers are

1. Alleras is Sarella Sand.
  2. The Gravedigger is Sandor Clegane.

10 minutes ago, Back door hodor said:

This ones not that crazy though....

Compared to the daily dose of "Euron is really Cthulhu and will take over Westeros with his Valyrian Steel codpiece lined with oily black stone you are dumb if you didn't get this from the books" nonsense, yeah not that crazy. 

14 hours ago, lehutin said:

Aside from R+L=J, the only X is actually Y theories I can think of immediately that aren't bonkers are

1. Alleras is Sarella Sand.
  2. The Gravedigger is Sandor Clegane.

to me the 1 and 2 are straight up facts not theories, too obvious not to be correct

@Loose Bolt I imagine the only reason she doesn't hate Arya, the living proof of her husband's second infidelity, is that she sees Arya as the child she and Jon could have had. Too bad for her, lusty Ned got there first:

Riding through the rainy night, Ned saw Jon Snow's face in front of him, so like a younger version of his own. If the gods frowned so on bastards, he thought dully, why did they fill men with such lusts?

I think we've developed the most cracked of pots.

9 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

I imagine the only reason she doesn't hate Arya, the living proof of her husband's second infidelity, is that she sees Arya as the child she and Jon could have had. Too bad for her, lusty Ned got there first:

Actually quote by her (ACoK, Catelyn VII) explains why she tolerates Arya.

Arya had always been harder to tame.

Or Mistress Catelyn really likes subs who are not too submissive.

Archived