Football: Glories of future past in the Age of Apocalypse.

Manchester City's longest unbeaten run this season is 5 games, which means that they've been less able to stay unbeaten than than Leicester, Chelsea, us, Wolves, Arsenal, Sheffield United, Burnley, Newcastle, West Ham and Watford.

It's been a strange old season.

Milan/Juve turned out to be a great game. Juve looked to be cruising at 2-0 up but Milan turned it around in the space of five 2nd half minutes to go 3-2 up and eventually won 4-2.

I can't believe that this shit Juve side is going to win the Scudetto. Sarriball sucks.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:54 PM, polishgenius said:

Manchester City's longest unbeaten run this season is 5 games, which means that they've been less able to stay unbeaten than than Leicester, Chelsea, us, Wolves, Arsenal, Sheffield United, Burnley, Newcastle, West Ham and Watford.

Well, the City game and Liverpool game respectively basically was this title race in a nutshell.

City dominate the game, but fail to put away their chances. From what I saw, they could or should've scored three or more. And on the other side of the pitch, they conceded from one of the two good opportunities they offered Southampton.

Liverpool were hardly brilliant, but they were just ruthless when it came to convert on the few good chances they created.

15 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Milan/Juve turned out to be a great game. Juve looked to be cruising at 2-0 up but Milan turned it around in the space of five 2nd half minutes to go 3-2 up and eventually won 4-2.

I can't believe that this shit Juve side is going to win the Scudetto. Sarriball sucks.

Was a great watch. Donnarumma kept Milan in it with some big saves. He’s been the heart of this mediocre milan side for so many years and he’s only 21. You have to think if they don’t get CL in the next couple year he will seek a big move. He certainly deserves one. Chelsea should be trying their hardest for him imo

Donnarumma's contract expires at the end of next season so I think that rules us out. We won't give up on either De Gea or Henderson within the next 12 months. The transfer fee should be reasonable given he has only a year remaining but Raiola is his agent so whoever wants to sign him should be prepared to get rinsed on the commission. Of course he could be tempted to renew with Milan depending on how things turn out with Ralf Rangnick taking over as manager and technical director from next season.

2-1 now. Both of our goals came from turnovers after poor play from Brighton defenders, but left to our own devices we've created nothing useful and look dodgy at the back every time Brighton have the ball.

This seems to happen almost every game lately -  we look ineffective and the opposition look dangerous. And then Mane or Salah score anyway and we scrape a win.

6 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Williams is just really slow - Henderson kept pace with Lamptey at one point when covering.

He’s looked pretty quick when he’s played at right back. I think he’s just getting his angles wrong playing such a high line then turning to cover runs in an unfamiliar position.

He’s made some mistakes but that’s not a massive surprise and he’s clearly got some good attributes. If he can effectively cover left back as well that’d be pretty useful next season. He does look very right footed though which is a bit of a concern.

Archived