Which fans are more wishful thinking, Dany or Jon?

Alyn Oakenfist

So basically Dany fans believe that:

- She will end slavery in all the world and bring sunshine and flowers to Essos

- She will never commit any atrocities such as brutally sacking Volantis

- She will arrive in Westeros and reveal fAegon to be a lie making everybody love her and proclaim her queen

- She will defeat the White Walkers effortlessly

- She will end feudalism and bring about democracy to the whole of Westeros and be worshiped as the God Queen

Jon fans on the other hand believe:

- He will arrive to Winterfell after Stannis is defeated and with only a couple of hundred of Wildlings will kill Ramsay and Roose with his left hand while pissing with his right

- Despite being for what most know a NW deserter he will instantly be proclaimed King of Winter loved and respected by everyone.

- With one look he wil defeat the WW.

- He too will go South and bring about democracy for the whole world.

And what both share:

- The two will fall in love marry and rule together, though it varies from fan to fan who will be the dominant one. Jon will definitely not kill Dany though.

S0 anyways, what do you think, which fans are more wishful thinking, Jon or Dany fans?

It's probably Dany's fans(or her haters), because her future looks less predictable, it can be a very good thing or a very terrible thing, so fans take it to the extreme in every possible way. Jon's fans may not like it, but I think he's ASOIAF's Naruto, I think he's the most predictable of the whole book, so there aren't that many people who hate him, it's safe to like him, most of us imagine that his end is safe, I think that a theory predicting something terrible for Jon is more crazy than predicting something good and heroic. 

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

The two will fall in love marry and rule together, though it varies from fan to fan who will be the dominant one. Jon will definitely not kill Dany though.

it's funny, because the fans of one usually hate the other, but at the same time they want them to get married and rule together.

3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

- She will arrive in Westeros and reveal fAegon to be a lie making everybody love her and proclaim her queen

- She will end feudalism and bring about democracy to the whole of Westeros and be worshiped as the God Queen

- He will arrive to Winterfell after Stannis is defeated and with only a couple of hundred of Wildlings will kill Ramsay and Roose with his left hand while pissing with his right

- Despite being for what most know a NW deserter he will instantly be proclaimed King of Winter loved and respected by everyone.

And what both share:

- The two will fall in love marry and rule together, though it varies from fan to fan who will be the dominant one. Jon will definitely not kill Dany though.

S0 anyways, what do you think, which fans are more wishful thinking, Jon or Dany fans?

I'm a pretty big Jon fan & I don't any of that. 

I think he will eventually arrive at WF but I'm fairly certain Stannis will not be/has not been defeated. I think there is a possibility that Stannis has already done the lot of the work, although I don't expect Jon's journey to be without peril. 

I do think most of the North will accept him or rally around him, he is the last known blood of Ned Stark. I don't expect the rest of the realm will feel the same way. 

I've never seen anyone say Jon will defeat the others with one look, or even very easily. This is literally THE battle. The entire series has been building up to this, of course it will be a major thing. I suspect Jon to play a role in that but certainly not the only role. 

He will probably go south at some point. Dany will be the muscle though & I don't foresee democracy taking hold anywhere in the realm. 

I think they may marry but I don't think they will rule together for very long if at all & definitely not very efficiently. I think Jon very well may kill her but I'm not certain. 

So, I guess to answer your question... I really don't know because I don't see these things being purported among the fandom, at least not in any significant amount. 

5 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I like Jon, I have enjoyed his chapters, but all I want out of this character is for him to reach catharsis with his family and help rebuild the North somehow (whether at Winterfell or the Wall)> I'm fine if he continually gets his ass kicked in sword fighting and I don't even want him to have Legalos-like badass moments in the big battle. I dont care if R+L=J goes nowhere (its too tropey) and I hope he's wrong about a lot of stuff, fails, and learns the hard way. I dont want a kingship for him and I definately don't want him to be worshiped. Oh and I do think he's killing Dany. I can see some hints dropped for that. I like the idea of him being a betrayer/traitor/deceiver.

I think read properly a thinking person can see greatness in both characters without needing to become wishfull on either side.  Between them there is an awful lot of magic and power and prophecy and idealism and bravery and honor.  Combined they would be a formidable force twice what they are separately and that is considerable.  They are great characters, flawed and so young, but visionaries with the fortitude to pull their vision off.   And they have to most interesting supporting casts of characters.  

3 hours ago, frenin said:

Stannis's :P

I mean with Stannis it is a different story. He is by far the most polarizing character with many believing him to either be the One True King Messiah that will defeat all save the realm and become King loved by all, while other believe him to be literally Satan. I didn't put him on because of that and because Dany and Jon fans seem to be worse. Like besides the really extreme Stannis fans most people agree he will not sit the Iron Throne (though I do believe he may be alive by the end as Lord of Storm's End)

3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean with Stannis it is a different story. He is by far the most polarizing character with many believing him to either be the One True King Messiah that will defeat all save the realm and become King loved by all, while other believe him to be literally Satan. I didn't put him on because of that and because Dany and Jon fans seem to be worse. Like besides the really extreme Stannis fans most people agree he will not sit the Iron Throne (though I do believe he may be alive by the end as Lord of Storm's End)

Stannis is a polemic character, that's true enough but every character has its haters, Jon and Dany have their fare share of them.

Stannis's fandom is as... "active" if not more than those two.

9 hours ago, TedBear said:

it's funny, because the fans of one usually hate the other, but at the same time they want them to get married and rule together.

I am a Daenerys fan who also hate Jon.  And I do not want them to even meet.  Let Jon just live his life as a wolf from now on.  

13 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

And what both share:

I like both characters, and I foresee very few of these things occurring.

I think that both of them will play a huge role in the defeat of the Others, and each  will commit both good and bad acts on the path to doing so.

54 minutes ago, frenin said:

Stannis is a polemic character, that's true enough but every character has its haters, Jon and Dany have their fare share of them.

Stannis's fandom is as... "active" if not more than those two.

Yes Jon and Dany have their haters but it doesn't even compare with Stannis. As for Stannis fans, I dunno. On this forum at least from what I noticed most of the people who like Stannis, myself included, don't like him because they believe him to be some God, but rather due to his flaws and his very nice ark. Might be just me though. My point still stands however that Jon and especially Dany fans are very optimistic shall we say. Like I don't think many fans envision Stannis on the Throne at the end.

I like both of them but just have no idea what may happen in the end.

no ending slavery nor implementing democracy, that is for certes. I believe GRRM has big knowledge on history and good understanding of the process, so we won't see such comedy.

16 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Yes Jon and Dany have their haters but it doesn't even compare with Stannis. As for Stannis fans, I dunno. On this forum at least from what I noticed most of the people who like Stannis, myself included, don't like him because they believe him to be some God, but rather due to his flaws and his very nice ark. Might be just me though. My point still stands however that Jon and especially Dany fans are very optimistic shall we say. Like I don't think many fans envision Stannis on the Throne at the end.

You should go to Reddit, Stannis is half a god there, but then again is Reddit.

Stannis arc has been spoiled, just as the rest, things are way calmer now that there were some years ago when Jon was Jesus and Dany her Maria anyway.

6 minutes ago, frenin said:

You should go to Reddit, Stannis is half a god there, but then again is Reddit.

Yeah but it's reddit, and worse then that it's asoiaf and got reddit. Even among subreddits freefolk is notorious...

6 minutes ago, frenin said:

Stannis arc has been spoiled, just as the rest

Actually Stannis's hasn't. He's been so butchered by TweedleDan and TweedleDave that I don't think it has any similitudes with book Stannis. Like half of Stannis in the North was taken from him and given to Jon.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:26 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'm 100% Jon fan. But I don't see much of this.

I'm not sure about defeating the Boltons. The North remembers, the Manderly, Dustin, others. They don't really need Stannis. He is the diversion at the end of the mummer show. Maybe Jon will have other priorities at this point.

I'm not sure he will be King. Winter or North. Maybe king of the Free Folk after Mance.

Maybe he will go south. To war against Dany. I don't think he will lead and win a war against the Others. I don't think the others can be defeated. I don't think GRRM plan is to save Westeros with the biggest battle of anytime. But by reaching a peace agreement with the Others or getting the help of the Old Gods. It's what Jon is good at, find agreements.

I don't think Jon will love Dany. They are opposite. She is totalitarianism, all decisions are hers and all serve her. And he is anarchy. Like the Free Folk, everyone decide for themselves. Only band together in case of danger. Yes, maybe he will come to kill her. His love is Val, not Dany.

Just now, BalerionTheCat said:

I'm 100% Jon fan. But I don't see much of this.

I'm not sure about defeating the Boltons. The North remembers, the Manderly, Dustin, others. They don't really need Stannis. He is the diversion at the end of the mummer show. Maybe Jon will have other priorities at this point.

I'm not sure he will be King. Winter or North. Maybe king of the Free Folk after Mance.

Maybe he will go south. To war against Dany. I don't think he will lead and win a war against the Others. I don't think the others can be defeated. I don't think GRRM plan is to save Westeros with the biggest battle of anytime. But by reaching a peace agreement with the Others or getting the help of the Old Gods. It's what Jon is good at, find agreements.

I don't think Jon will love Dany. They are opposite. She is totalitarianism, all decisions are hers and all serve her. And he is anarchy. Like the Free Folk, everyone decide for themselves. Only band together in case of danger. Yes, maybe he will come to kill her. His love is Val, not Dany.

Or maybe, very hopefully, she will kill him.  

Dany is not really totalitarian.  Westeros and its High Lords are the totalitarians.  Barbrey Dustin was not keen on sending men to their deaths to fight a useless war for the Starks, yet she did out of fear.  That is an example of the Starks practicing totalitarianism.  And Jon Snow, the way he managed the infractions of two men under his command, Janos and Mance, was behaving like the totalitarian that he was.  And a tyrant for that matter.  His decision-making at the wall with regards to the Wildlings is totalitarianism.  The way he dragged the NW into a war with the Boltons to get his sister out of a bad marriage, that was him making decisions for the entire NW without consulting with the other officers.

Archived