Fat free half and half???

6 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I love cows milk, cream, ice cream, cheese, yogurt.  I enjoy pretty much any dairy product.  For that matter Goat Cheese is really tasty too.  Fresh goats Milk is quite good as well.

(You are bring sarcastic when you say "I'll allow it" correct?)

How would i stop it?

32 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

My daughter had a dairy intolerance as a child. Anything made with a substitute is vile, she knows no better though so I'm happy to keep her off dairy where possible. 

I think theres plenty of good soy ice cream, and for cooking i think the oat substitutes are fine. 

If we are talking things that are vile, i can think of a few, like how dairy is produced. 

23 minutes ago, Isalie said:

I think theres plenty of good soy ice cream, and for cooking i think the oat substitutes are fine. 

If we are talking things that are vile, i can think of a few, like how dairy is produced. 

Sounds like someone is trying to weed out the factions here who have allied with the Vile.  Like when Oirunas calls out Nin'ciljiras for backing Raw Milk Mike in The Goat Ordeal

2 hours ago, Isalie said:

I was  raised on a farm. I have seen and had a hand in producing dairy. All mammals have teats and when calves or piglets of humans tug at them milk comes out. Nothing vile about it. 

3 minutes ago, maarsen said:

I was  raised on a farm. I have seen and had a hand in producing dairy. All mammals have teats and when calves or piglets of humans tug at them milk comes out. Nothing vile about it. 

I agree with you but I suspect Isalie is talking about the industrial production of milk not people producing on small local farms.

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I agree with you but I suspect Isalie is talking about the industrial production of milk not people producing on small local farms.

I had neighbours who did produce milk on a large scale and saw no evidence of any abuse. Cows don't give milk if they are not happy. In Canada, hormone shots to increase production are not allowed. Cows here are given grass in the summer and hay and corn silage in the winter, both of which they enjoy eating. 

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

I had neighbours who did produce milk on a large scale and saw no evidence of any abuse. Cows don't give milk if they are not happy. In Canada, hormone shots to increase production are not allowed. Cows here are given grass in the summer and hay and corn silage in the winter, both of which they enjoy eating. 

I like hearing that.  :).

On 7/6/2020 at 2:25 AM, Denvek said:

And all food is organic, regardless of how the plant/animal is treated before it ends up in your shops.

Mostly.  Is salt a food?  You'd die without any as sure as you'd die without calories.  But yeah, organic in the US at least is a mostly horse hockey label.

16 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I love cows milk, cream, ice cream, cheese, yogurt.  I enjoy pretty much any dairy product.  For that matter Goat Cheese is really tasty too.  Fresh goats Milk is quite good as well.

(You are bring sarcastic when you say "I'll allow it" correct?)

My friend, the original answer to your question is simple.  Back The F Up!  Consume fat and be happy.  You don't have allergy reasons to avoid dairy, and seem to be ok with the moral implications.  From a certain altitude, bovines as a species are symbiotic w humans, though I do notice the irony of my basically taking the Stalinist tack in this case.  (One death is a tragedy...)  So if neither of those are an issue, just use half and half or a smaller amount of cream.

13 hours ago, maarsen said:

Thats exactly my point, theyre mammals, with needs very similar to our own. ( I also doubt a baby is that much smarter than a calf or a kitten, yet most of us wouldnt eat a baby).

That said, i guess im worse than yall since i think eating dairy is morally reprehensible and still eat the occasional pizza.

3 hours ago, Isalie said:

Thats exactly my point, theyre mammals, with needs very similar to our own. ( I also doubt a baby is that much smarter than a calf or a kitten, yet most of us wouldnt eat a baby).

That said, i guess im worse than yall since i think eating dairy is morally reprehensible and still eat the occasional pizza.

I love cheesy pizza.  :)

On 7/7/2020 at 12:40 PM, BigFatCoward said:

My daughter had a dairy intolerance as a child. Anything made with a substitute is vile, she knows no better though so I'm happy to keep her off dairy where possible. 

Which is why I find it rather annoying that, at least here in the US, "non-dairy" does not mean it will have no dairy in it.

Non-dairy is simply "code" for not having lactose in the majority of cases.  I am allergic to casein though (and most probably whey), which is in many "non-dairy" things, like coffee creamer and so on.

Archived